Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    I thought Crokes looked very tired today.
    Only two from the Crokes who performed today were Daithi Casey and Johnny Buckley. Rathmore will enjoy the win anyway - turning into a bit of a bogey team for Crokes the last while. Would be very surprised if there isn't management changes with the Crokes.

Yeah would have the winners of Legion and Rathmore as favourite for the final. Would fancy Kenmare to edge South Kerry - and find it hard to see South Kerry winning it outright unless they get a lot of luck.

The tiredness was mentioned by Weeshie on the radio. He said they loomed tired and didn't seem to want it as much. I suppose it's hard to keep a team hungry when you've won almost everything.

I'll begrudgingly be cheering for Rathmore. From Gneeveguilla but have to support friends and neighbours at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Kenmare wont be bad, They have 2 very good sides in Kenmare and Templenoe to choose from, not sure if theres many from Tousist and Kilgarvan on the team? Sth Kerry are stumbling along, Barely got over Kilcummin twice and lucky to meet Dingle when they were missing the two Geaneys and Mark O Connor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Haven't seen Kenmare but they look good on paper. If they have anything about them they'll deal comfortably with South Kerry who looked terrible on Saturday.

I'd fancy Legion to get over Rathmore and would be happy to see them winning it. Good footballers, committed and tough and played a good game out with ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd have Legion as my favourites to win - they've a very balanced, young team, some very solid defenders, plenty of workmen around the middle and some fantastic attacking talent - would like to see them winning it but would never hear the end of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

So the Kerry captain next year will be either James O'Donoghue, Stephen O'Brien, Paul Murphy, Bryan Sheehan or Killian Young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

duchalla wrote: »
    So the Kerry captain next year will be either James O'Donoghue, Stephen O'Brien, Paul Murphy, Bryan Sheehan or Killian Young.
    Poor aul Jonny Lyne

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

duchalla wrote: »

Brian Kelly says hello....

As does Aidan O'Mahoney.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I thought Crokes looked very tired today.
    Only two from the Crokes who performed today were Daithi Casey and Johnny Buckley. Rathmore will enjoy the win anyway - turning into a bit of a bogey team for Crokes the last while. Would be very surprised if there isn't management changes with the Crokes.

Yeah would have the winners of Legion and Rathmore as favourite for the final. Would fancy Kenmare to edge South Kerry - and find it hard to see South Kerry winning it outright unless they get a lot of luck.
    I never rated peadar healy coaching in modern football and I said this cork thread when appointed here last year and indeed was with skib

It's worth highlights in skib were awful last year but with same panel more or less but young coach Shane Crowley were completely different team this year and pushed haven all the way in county semi final
    I rate your posts hugely as you always call it as it is
    I was not at the croke game so would you please tell me tactics wise and type football crokes played yesterday and general view in is this shock crokes were beaten

Was crokes build up play slow and methodical and hand passing?
    Tactical wise were some lads played out of position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Brian Kelly says hello....

As does Aidan O'Mahoney.....

Jonathan Lyne waves too, as does Padraig O Connor from the distance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Was Bryan Sheehan not Kerry captain in 2010???

For 2016 Liam Hassett joins Mikey Sheehy and Diarmuid Murphy as selectors with Padraig Corcoran as coach/trainer whatever else they call it now. Announcement on Kerry Gaa this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great draw for us in the Leinster Hurling Championship.

Come second in the round Robin with Offaly,Westmeath, Carlow and Ourselves, and We'll face Laois. If we beat Laois we'll play Galway or Offaly. Win that and we can have a crack at Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Kerry play Galway if they win the Leinster round robin, or Laois if they come runner up.

Round robin is against Offaly, Westmeath and Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

DDC1990 wrote: »

Come second in the round Robin with Offaly,Westmeath, Carlow and Ourselves, and We'll face Laois. If we beat Laois we'll play Galway or Offaly. Win that and we can have a crack at Kilkenny.

Beat me to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

DDC1990 wrote: »

Kilkenny will want to start training now :D

Id be happy if we can stay in the round robin group for a few years,become a settled Liam McCarthy team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Do we have any indication on when the County Championship final will be played? Is it likely to be the weekend of the 1st or 8th of November? Can't seem to find a date anywhere.

Same As wrote: »
    Do we have any indication on when the County Championship final will be played? Is it likely to be the weekend of the 1st or 8th of November? Can't seem to find a date anywhere.

I dunno why they didn't play the the Semi Finals today have a double header,especially with the weather we are having and get it wrapped up fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

I assume they want the intermediate championship closed out also.

Intermediate final has to be played this weekend because the winners are out in munster next week

Relegation from Senior has finally been confirmed,there was talks that the start of the year about a group format but now its straight knockout

Dingle,Dr Crokes,Legion and Rathmore are safe

So that leaves,

Austin Stacks,Ardfert,Kilcummin,Keirns O Rahilly's,Miltown Castlemaine,St Micheal's Foilmore and Laune Rangers to battle it out for relegation

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

I think the losers of the Legion and Rathmore will also be involved in the relegation playoffs.

• Advertisement

Legion and Rathmore should both surely be safe? Any club team that gets this far should be exempt, Im sure there are one or two clubs that would drop down to intermediate. Why dont they just do it now and avoid cluttering the fixture list

Carrollman wrote: »
    I think the losers of the Legion and Rathmore will also be involved in the relegation playoffs.

Just seen that now so that makes up the eight,its a bit harsh I think on the losers

So Round 1, four games,winners safe,losers go to round 2

Round 2, two games, losers relegated,winners go to round 3

Round 3, one game,losers relegated,winners stay up

Three teams to go down

Id say Ardfert,Laune Rangers and St Micheal's Foilmore will go down

Laune Rangers in trouble in Division 2 of the County League as well

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

Clubs have till the 20th October to declare if they want to drop down to Intermediate. Rumours around that both St Michael's Foilmore and Ardfert will voluntarily drop, leaving only 6 teams then. God knows how they will work it out if that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Bit of a farce if the loser of legion v rathmore is expected to play in a relegation play off.

In fact it complete and utter rubbish.

Bit of a farce if the loser of legion v rathmore is expected to play in a relegation play off.

In fact it complete and utter rubbish.

The whole relegation thing seems a bot of a farce,you have two clubs apparently voluntarily dropping down to Intermediate,they should be fined by the County board for that,

If the County Board have any sense then they will over turn the decision about the losers of Legion and Rathmore

Why should they be fined? If they arent strong enough to compete at senior level then they are wasting everyones time. Didnt St Michaels Foilmore lose to Crokes by 40 points or something in this years senior club championship

The hurlers were busy at the weekend fund raising for the team holiday

http://traleetoday.ie/videophotos-huge-crowds-and-great-fun-at-kerry-hurlers-strictly-event/

Ciaran Carey of Limerick is set to ratified as the new Kerry Senior Hurling Manager at the next meeting of the County Committee on November 2nd.

The Patrickswell Clubman had a distinguished 15 year playing career with Limerick winning 2 Munster titles, 2 National Hurling League medals and 3 All Star awards. In recent years he has had two spells in charge of his native county's Under 21 team and also served as a Senior Selector under Donal O'Grady. Recently he has been in charge of the Patrickswell senior team whom he guided to the Limerick senior final this year.

Carey will announce his management team at a later date

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/367481/Ciaran_Carey_to_be_New_Kerry_Hurling_Manager

Kilkenny will want to start training now :D

Id be happy if we can stay in the round robin group for a few years,become a settled Liam McCarthy team
    That would be an amazing achievement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭N20

Ciaran Carey of Limerick is set to ratified as the new Kerry Senior Hurling Manager at the next meeting of the County Committee on November 2nd.

The Patrickswell Clubman had a distinguished 15 year playing career with Limerick winning 2 Munster titles, 2 National Hurling League medals and 3 All Star awards. In recent years he has had two spells in charge of his native county's Under 21 team and also served as a Senior Selector under Donal O'Grady. Recently he has been in charge of the Patrickswell senior team whom he guided to the Limerick senior final this year.

Carey will announce his management team at a later date

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/367481/Ciaran_Carey_to_be_New_Kerry_Hurling_Manager

Absolutely delighted to see Kerry hurling on the up and to see a great Limerick man Ciaran Carey at the helm.

The very best of luck to him and Kerry. John Meyler of Cork/Wexford has done trojan work down the years too and no doubt contributed hugely in that time, as have many many good Kerry Men. Unlikely ever to overtake football ( although look how Tipperary has evolved) its great for hurling that Kerry is pushing the boat out it.

One of ye're favorite sons Shane Brick of Kilmoyley continuing to ply his trade in Tracton in Cork and a huge asset to the club I hear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement