Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Another €330k raised in London during the summer for the centre of excellence!

Some going, apparently it's all paid for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Another €330k raised in London during the summer for the centre of excellence!

Some going, apparently it's all paid for now.

Makes me laugh at times,you see all this money coming in from America and London,Golf Classic's,night at the dogs and the car raffle and still the hurlers have to fund raise for a team holiday.

Maybe the hurlers were only raising spending money.

Makes me laugh at times,you see all this money coming in from America and London,Golf Classic's,night at the dogs and the car raffle and still the hurlers have to fund raise for a team holiday.

Maybe the hurlers were only raising spending money.

the football team would need to fundraise for their holiday also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

I thought the tenner on top of the all ireland ticket was to pay for the footballers holiday?

wonga77 wrote: »
    I thought the tenner on top of the all ireland ticket was to pay for the footballers holiday?

I thought that money was for the Kerry teams training fund

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

dobman88 wrote: »
    Where does it mention the sem in the article?

It doesn't..but it's widely know it was them. Fairly silly carry on..send someone to watch the match, get someone to take a few photos on the quiet even (of formations etc) but filming the game out in the open? Fairly silly carry on.

The main thing for me was how much the Green were hammered by. What has gone wrong there?
    Rathmore are very strong apparently, the Sem will be one of the favourites. Between them 3 and possibly Clonmel and Clonakilty as dark horses.

It doesn't..but it's widely know it was them. Fairly silly carry on..send someone to watch the match, get someone to take a few photos on the quiet even (of formations etc) but filming the game out in the open? Fairly silly carry on.

The main thing for me was how much the Green were hammered by. What has gone wrong there?
    Rathmore are very strong apparently, the Sem will be one of the favourites. Between them 3 and possibly Clonmel and Clonakilty as dark horses.

Thanks. I thought I was going mad missing something. Sur you couldn't be up to the Killarney crowd anyway.

Delighted to see Rathmore doing so well. I went there and the guys over the football put so much into it and have to fight for everything they get. They're due some kind of success.

• Advertisement

Mid Kerry will play Dingle in the County Minor Final

http://www.radiokerry.ie/sport/mid-kerry-into-county-minor-football-final/

County hurling champions Kilmoyley got well beaten today up in Clare in the Munster Intermediate club Championship losing to Wolfe Tones 4-12 to 2-6

this rule that says the last standing club team in the country championship must win the final, to represent Kerry is complete nonsense.

Legion are the only club team left in the competition and by right, they now should be classed as the team who represents Kerry in the Munster championship.

this rule that says the last standing club team in the country championship must win the final, to represent Kerry is complete nonsense.

Legion are the only club team left in the competition and by right, they now should be classed as the team who represents Kerry in the Munster championship.

What happens if they lose? Who represents Kerry?

What happens if they lose? Who represents Kerry?

Dingle.

Dingle.

Thanks. I assume it's because they won the club championship?

Thanks. I assume it's because they won the club championship?

yep.

If Dingle were to go on, would either of the Geaneys be back for it? If they had a full team against Sth Kerry they would probably have reached the final too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

wonga77 wrote: »
    If Dingle were to go on, would either of the Geaneys be back for it? If they had a full team against Sth Kerry they would probably have reached the final too

Two Geaney's are out until the Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Andrew Thompson of the narries called up to the senior panel apparently . Suppose to be lording it in th gym, could be a decent option for th full back line where Fionn fitz looked dodgy all year.

Wondering who will be called into the squad for the league, I would guess at

Jack McGuire - Emmets
    Gavin Crowley - Templenone
    Cormac Coffey - Kerins O’Rahillys
    Brian Ó Beaglaoich - Gaeltacht
    Conor Keane - Legion

Wouldn't be surprised to see any of these either

Matthew Flaherty - Dingle
    Ferghal McNamara - Stacks
    Tom O Sullivan - Dingle
    Brian Sugrue - Renard
    Brendan O Sullivan - Valentia
    Daithí Casey Dr Crokes

Expect to push on from last year would be

Podge O Connor - Legion
    Pa Kilkenny - Glenbeigh
    Mark Griffin - St Michael's
    Jack Sherwood - Firies
    Alan Fitzgerald - Castlegregory

Plenty of backs in there,Can't really see anyone else make an impact in this years team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Prop Joe wrote: »

Jack McGuire - Emmets
    Conor Keane - Legion

Tom O Sullivan - Dingle
    Brian Sugrue - Renard
    Daithí Casey Dr Crokes

Podge O Connor - Legion
    Pa Kilkenny - Glenbeigh
    Jack Sherwood - Firies

Plenty of backs in there,Can't really see anyone else make an impact in this years team

Agree with the above. I would also say that Shaun Keane needs to be given a shot , his leadership and ball winning ability have been vital for legions run to the county final. If he can manage to stay away from the party scene in college he would be a serious addition to any inter county panel in the country.

Another lad that's impressed me lately is a Don O Mahoney from Firies. He plays around midfield or half forward for his club, a towering presence and although now around 23/24 he seems to have been a late developer and perhaps the fact he wasn't part of any underage development squads has helped him in developing a sort of free spirited playing style, much like Jamie Vardy in the premiership. They call him the Duracell bunny of farrenfore never stops going all game. I'd give him a run in the McGrath cup and if it goes well some time in the league.

I think Mark Griffin has declined going back with the panel next year, Denis Daly (St Marys) is supposed to be called in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Jack McGuire - Emmets
    Conor Keane - Legion

Tom O Sullivan - Dingle
    Brian Sugrue - Renard
    Daithí Casey Dr Crokes

Podge O Connor - Legion
    Pa Kilkenny - Glenbeigh
    Jack Sherwood - Firies

Daithí Casey? Really? Been around the panel for a long time and has never done anything. Id also have Mark Griffin in the same place, been there a while now and just isn't up to it.

cms88 wrote: »
    Daithí Casey? Really? Been around the panel for a long time and has never done anything. Id also have Mark Griffin in the same place, been there a while now and just isn't up to it.

They seem to be there a long time but really they are one age with Jonathan Lyne,Barry John,Alan Fitz,Sherwood & Stephen O Brien.

Wouldn't be discarding them just yet,This could be the year for them,Donnacha,Sheehan & Maher gave a pretty long apprenticeship before they really kicked on

Any reason not to back a Legion win this weekend? Already on JOD fgs and anytime. Will cause wreck imo.

I see bookies have installed GG as faves for the junior, I think Templenoe will beat them.
    I said in every match so far bar the opening round that South Kerry would be beaten, now that they are in the final I think they might do it, alot of experienced players. But then again, what the fcuk do I know...

Relegation matches this weekend as well

Austin Stacks V Miltown/Castlemaine

Rathmore V Ardfert

Kerin's O Rahilly's V Laune Rangers

St Micheal's Foilmore V Kilcummin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

They seem to be there a long time but really they are one age with Jonathan Lyne,Barry John,Alan Fitz,Sherwood & Stephen O Brien.

Wouldn't be discarding them just yet,This could be the year for them,Donnacha,Sheehan & Maher gave a pretty long apprenticeship before they really kicked on

Thats true but they all showed what they could do. In the few times iv seen him with Kerry Casey has done nothing to show he can offer anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Jack McGuire - Emmets
    Conor Keane - Legion

Tom O Sullivan - Dingle
    Brian Sugrue - Renard
    Daithí Casey Dr Crokes

Podge O Connor - Legion
    Pa Kilkenny - Glenbeigh
    Jack Sherwood - Firies

Just in terms of those mentioned above Prop, my own opinion for what it's worth..
    Jack McGuire - Have concerns about his comfort level on the ball.
    Gavin Crowley - Has impressed me. Worthy of a look.
    Cormac Coffey - Bit too raw yet, but will see how u21 level goes.
    Brian Ó Beaglaoich - Same as Coffey.
    Conor Keane - Should be pushing Senior panel soon hopefully.

Matthew Flaherty - Too light at the moment.
    Ferghal McNamara - Has been around Senior panel for 2/3 years now and made no inroads. Not sure he'll make it.
    Tom O Sullivan - Will see how 21 level goes.
    Brian Sugrue - Don't see him making the step up myself.
    Brendan O Sullivan - Not up to Senior level.
    Daithí Casey - Not up to Senior level IMO. Attitude is questionable IMO.

Podge O Connor - Rate him very highly. Deserves a run.
    Pa Kilkenny - A bit inconsistent but if he gets a bit stronger he could get there.
    Mark Griffin - Probably lacking in confidence given treatment over last 2 years. Has been inconsistent though, good mixed with awful games.
    Jack Sherwood - Never rated him that highly. Still convinced that bringing him on in the 2013 semi final was a crazy decision.
    Alan Fitzgerald - Don't think he's ever going to be a championship player for us.

Others you didn't mention:
    Killian Spillane - Has trained with Seniors already. Will see how u21 level goes but looking forwarrd to seeing him kick on hopefully.
    Gavan O'Grady - Has the tools to operate at higher level but has fitness issues I believe.
    Conor Cox - Again, has been treated harshly by Fitzmaurice. Is better than quite a few players that have got game time in past 2 years. Would hope he'd get back into panel.
    David Culhane - Another possesed with all the tools needed for top level. Has performed at U21 and Junior level, should get a run soon with Senior panel.
    Kieran Murphy (Kilcummin) - Had hoped he would have kicked on a lot more but has struggled with injuries a lot. Should play Sigerson football this year so will see how that goes.

Shane Ryan, Mark O'Connor and Micheál Burns from recent minor teams will be involved at u21 level over next 2 years and I would have a lot of hope that they can play at the highest level. Barry O'Sullivan is now in college in Dublin, not sure if that'll be a good or bad thing. Will make it hard for u21 preparation for a start.

Might aswell throw it out there that I am highly sceptical about the new Senior management setup also. Cian O'Neill was a huge loss and he hasn't been adequately replaced in my view. If I'm proven wrong, great, but I have doubts.
    Under 21 and Minor setups are both very good. It's been a long time since that has been the case and it's a welcome development.

• Advertisement

the likes of Gooch, Darragh and Seamus (amongest others) all played Senior football at 18/19, theres no reason why Mark O Connor couldnt make the step up next year, given his immense talent - i think he is something special and a player like him hasnt been produced in years.

i know theres alot of talk about him being burned out and all that, but if he is fresh next year, i think he should be thrown into a league game or two and see how he gets on.

is he starting midfield for Dingle? will be interesting to see how he gets on if Dingle enter the Munster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement