Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

cant see the gaa getting rid of replays, its too much of a money spinner.
    Easy to say with hindsight but there really should have been extra time played the last day, it said there would be on the match program and would have sorted out this mess

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

wonga77 wrote:
    cant see the gaa getting rid of replays, its too much of a money spinner. Easy to say with hindsight but there really should have been extra time played the last day, it said there would be on the match program and would have sorted out this mess

Match programme said NO extra time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

wonga77 wrote: »
    cant see the gaa getting rid of replays, its too much of a money spinner.
    Easy to say with hindsight but there really should have been extra time played the last day, it said there would be on the match program and would have sorted out this mess

They introduced them a few years ago for everything up to provincial final, or it may have been SF, but it has since been dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

@wonga77 Page 5 above "Killorglin and District pipe Band" states no extra time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think this sums up the whole county final mess

jiFfM.jpg

@wonga77 Page 5 above "Killorglin and District pipe Band" states no extra time

Yeah but the front cover which every single person would have seen states that there was extra time.
    They couldnt even print the match programme correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah but the front cover which every single person would have seen states that there was extra time.
    They couldnt even print the match programme correctly

Leave the printers out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

A bad day for the Keanes haha

stuba wrote: »
    A bad day for the Keanes haha

We get blamed for everything sure

• Advertisement

Probably be accused of supplying the watches too.

A query, when the 'injury time' is announced, is it two minutes of additional time or is it at least two minutes of additional time?

I wouldn't be Seamus Mulvihills biggest fan but I feel sorry for him. He's taking a lot of flak, whereas had South Kerry played till the whistle they would have no one to blame but themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

stuba wrote: »
    Probably be accused of supplying the watches too.

A query, when the 'injury time' is announced, is it two minutes of additional time or is it at least two minutes of additional time?

I wouldn't be Seamus Mulvihills biggest fan but I feel sorry for him. He's taking a lot of flak, whereas had South Kerry played till the whistle they would have no one to blame but themselves.

It's a minimum of X minutes a concept that seems lost on your average GAA supporter to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Donnacha Walsh Kerry's sole representative on the International Rules team.

I would have expected Tommy to tog out. Injury or lack on interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

From speaking to a few of the Kerry lads they are easy enough about the international Rules,They don't fancy the drive to Meath for the training sessions after a long year and don't see the benefit of playing in it.

Each to there own i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

I don't see the benefit of any GAA player playing the Intl rules after the tough year they've put down. If a young player is looking for a shot at travelling to Australia to play AFL then go for it but any other player should be taking some time to themselves imo. They work hard enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

dobman88 wrote: »
    I don't see the benefit of any GAA player playing the Intl rules after the tough year they've put down. If a young player is looking for a shot at travelling to Australia to play AFL then go for it but any other player should be taking some time to themselves imo. They work hard enough.

Not a fan of the game in any way, a bit like shinty its a madey up sport attempting to combine two sports that bare a very slight resemblance to each other, but at the same time it is a chance, and the only chance in 99.9% of the players case, to represent their country. I wouldn't judge a player that decided either way, completely an individual choice.

danganabu wrote: »
    Not a fan of the game in any way, a bit like shinty its a madey up sport attempting to combine two sports that bare a very slight resemblance to each other, but at the same time it is a chance, and the only chance in 99.9% of the players case, to represent their country. I wouldn't judge a player that decided either way, completely an individual choice.

Yeah I get that 100%. Wouldn't judge a player whether they choose to play or not. Their choice either way. Re reading my post it came across wrong. I don't have an issue with any player playing, I just think they give enough through the year so they shouldn't feel the need to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kerry’s Leinster Championship Preliminary Round Fixtures 2016

Kerry v Carlow, Austin Stack Park, Sunday May 1
    Kerry v Westmeath, Austin Park, Saturday May 7
    Offaly v Kerry, O’Connor Park Tullamore, Sunday May 22

http://traleetoday.ie/kerry-hurlers-championship-2016-dates-and-times-have-been-annouced/

I thought we would be all away games that the lads would be playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

http://traleetoday.ie/kerry-hurlers-championship-2016-dates-and-times-have-been-annouced/

Should be defo targeting the home games here,2nd place in the round robin is a serious goal now and a crack at Laois in the qf

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very good draw with two game at home - up against it, but defo rather have Offaly last up for sure, try build a bit of momentum.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they will get good support

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah I get that 100%. Wouldn't judge a player whether they choose to play or not. Their choice either way. Re reading my post it came across wrong. I don't have an issue with any player playing, I just think they give enough through the year so they shouldn't feel the need to play.

I don't think that any of them feel "the need" to play. Why would they? They aren't paid employees of the GAA or the International Rules body. They are playing because they want to represent their country and wear the green jersey in a national squad - of sorts. When they look at all the hoopla that surrounds the rugby and soccer teams, can you blame them for wanting to know what a bit of that feels like? Or wanting to know what its like to play on the same side with the top players from other counties? Granted, playing in the AI rules is very far cry from a big World Cup game, or the Six Nations, but if its its the only chance they ever get, I can certainly see the attraction.

Fair play to all the lads involved, especially those who were playing well into September. I was thinking of going, but its a dead cert now that such a strong Irish squad has been named. Any GAA fan who isn't even mildly curious to see how Diarmuid Connolly, Lee Keegan, Aidan O'Shea, Phily McMahon, as well as the Footballer Of The Year get on, while playing on the same team, all captained by Bernard Brogan...needs to check their pulse !

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I don't think that any of them feel "the need" to play. Why would they? They aren't paid employees of the GAA or the International Rules body. They are playing because they want to represent their country and wear the green jersey in a national squad - of sorts. When they look at all the hoopla that surrounds the rugby and soccer teams, can you blame them for wanting to know what a bit of that feels like? Or wanting to know what its like to play on the same side with the top players from other counties? Granted, playing in the AI rules is very far cry from a big World Cup game, or the Six Nations, but if its its the only chance they ever get, I can certainly see the attraction.

Fair play to all the lads involved, especially those who were playing well into September. I was thinking of going, but its a dead cert now that such a strong Irish squad has been named. Any GAA fan who isn't even mildly curious to see how Diarmuid Connolly, Lee Keegan, Aidan O'Shea, Phily McMahon, as well as the Footballer Of The Year get on, while playing on the same team, all captained by Bernard Brogan...needs to check their pulse !

I agree with all of that. I don't know why you think my post needed quoting there. It is good to see them playing of course.

its a very strong team, the likes of Darren, Moran, Enright, Maher, Crowley could/should be involved but you can understand why they are not.

its a very strong team, the likes of Darren, Moran, Enright, Maher, Crowley could/should be involved but you can understand why they are not.

Certainly physical enough anyway. McBrearty, Aidan O Shea, Connolly, McMahon, Paul Cribbin plus whatever I'm missing. Will be interesting to see how both Ireland and Australia fare with the discipline compared to other years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Enright, Maher, Crowley and Darren are all either injured or due for operations soon so no way they were going to play.
    Moran was in the mix but maybe the game just doesn't suit him or whatever.

Dingle are fairly embarrassing themselves with their antics in recent days.

they should just get on with it - Legion are the last standing team Club in the county championship and are rightfully nominated to represent Kerry. as soon as they qualified for the final, Dingles progression to Munster should have been over regardless of the result.

Enright, Maher, Crowley and Darren are all either injured or due for operations soon so no way they were going to play.
    Moran was in the mix but maybe the game just doesn't suit him or whatever.

Moran still carrying that back injury he had during the County Championship I believe. Surprised Tommy Walsh didnt get picked or make himself available whatever his own individual case is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Heard rumours about multiple potential transfers to a Killarney club last night - unconfirmed as of yet but likely to be fairly controversial I'd imagine.

Anyone heard any talk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Heard rumours about multiple potential transfers to a Killarney club last night - unconfirmed as of yet but likely to be fairly controversial I'd imagine.

Anyone heard any talk?

Heard a rumour last week about a player from a North Kerry club joining a Killarney club alright,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement