Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I dunno I was at a Rathmore game at the end of last year and Paul Murphy played centre forward for the whole game.

Apparently he played there all of last year for Rathmore but I assumed as a sweeper, but clearly not.

I know he scored 1-3 from there after getting off a helicopter in one game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Murphy looks exciting at numer 11 the don hada great game in the middle but its worrying to see to see that all these ould lads comming back and steadying the ship and turning a perfect good back into a forward I tought the county had loads of forwards where is the all these promising young lads that are supposed to be coming through

Down were awful. Nice to see 22 points

Donaghy was brilliant.

Cooper kicked one brilliant point.

Defence was solid.

But I can't express how awful and uninterested Down were.

Good to win. Hopefully we get a win over Donegal in Tralee to give us a bit of breathing space before Mayo in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

On the 6t of March in Austin Stack Park,

Hurling game throws in at 12.45

The Hurling has been switched to a 12.30 throw in now. Looking forward to seeing my first game.

Genuine question. Is it hard to follow the sliotar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

dobman88 wrote: »
    The Hurling has been switched to a 12.30 throw in now. Looking forward to seeing my first game.

Genuine question. Is it hard to follow the sliotar?

No not really,you will get used to it after a few minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Genuine question. Is it hard to follow the sliotar
    ?

I genuinely laughed out loud :pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I genuinely laughed out loud :pac:

Yeah yeah yeah. Feck off :pac:

I'm a soccer man. Follow the Kerry footballers but have only ever watched two hurling games. Kilkenny twice on telly. And with division 1 hurling on your doorstep it would be a shame to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Yeah yeah yeah. Feck off :pac:

I'm a soccer man. Follow the Kerry footballers but have only ever watched two hurling games. Kilkenny twice on telly. And with division 1 hurling on your doorstep it would be a shame to miss it.
    You will notice hurling afficianados can pickup the flight and where it is quicker.

Apparently the hurlers game against Wexford is going to be shown live next Sunday on TG4, football game on live after as well.

• Advertisement

Kerry Senior Hurling Team V Wexford – Allianz Hurling League Division 1B
    The Kerry Senior Hurling Team to play Wexford in the Allianz Hurling League Round 3 at Tralee’s Austin Stack Park on Sunday next at 12:35pm, shows no change from the side went down narrowly to Limerick in Round 2.
    The team captained by Daniel Collins of Kilmoyley lines out as follows:

1 Martin Stackpoole Lixnaw

2 Sean Weir Crotta O’Neills

3 Bryan Murphy Causeway

4 Keith Carmody Causeway

5 Daniel Collins (C) Kilmoyley

6 Tommy Casey Causeway

7 Tom Murnane Kilmoyley

8 Patrick Kelly Clarecastle

9 John Griffin Lixnaw

10 Shane Nolan Crotta O’Neills

11 Michael O’Leary Abbeydorney

12 Colum Harty Causeway

13 John Egan St Brendans

14 Mikey Boyle Ballyduff

15 Jack Goulding Ballyduff

Fir Ionaid:
    16 Aidan McCabe Kilmoyley

17 Brendan Brosnan Lixnaw

18 John Buckley Lixnaw

19 Mike Milner Dr Crokes

20 Jordan Conway Crotta O’Neills

21 Jason Diggins Causeway

22 Darren Dineen St Brendans

23 Dougie Fitzelle Kilmoyley

24 Philip Lucid Ballyheigue

25 James O’Connor Abbeydorney

26 Brendan O’Leary Abbeydorney

Bainistíocht:
    Bainisteoir: Ciaran Carey (Patrickswell)
    Coach/Selector: Mark Foley (Adare)
    Treanálaí: Damien Ryall (Abbeydorney)
    Róghnoirí: James McCarthy (Kilmoyley), Michael Conway (Lixnaw)

Additional Players on Panel:
    Stephen Murphy Causeway
    Darragh Shanahan Lixnaw
    Paudie O’Connor Kilmoyley
    Jordon Brick Kilmoyley
    P J Keane Abbeydorney
    Gerard Stackpoole Lixnaw
    The Ballyduff pair, Paud Costelloe and Padraig Boyle, are rehabbing from injury

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hope the hurlers can get the job done, would be a great result for them.

any word on the football team?

Kerry

1. Brian Kelly (Killarney Legion)

2. Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
    3. Mark Griffin (St Michaels/Foilmore)
    4. Shane Enright (Tarbert)

5. Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)
    6. Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore)
    7. Fionn Fitzgerald (Dr Crokes)

8. Kiearn Donaghy (Austin Stacks)
    9. Bryan Sheehan (C) (St Mary’s)

10. Denis Daly (St Mary’s)
    11. Paul Murphy (Rathmore)
    12. Donnchadh Walsh (Cromane)

13. Darran O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh-Glencar)
    14. Alan Fitzgerald (Castlegregory)
    15. Stephen O’Brien (Kenmare)

Subs
    16. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
    17. Padraig O’Connor (Killarney Legion)
    18. Aidan Walsh (St Mary’s)
    19. Colm Cooper (Dr Crokes)
    20. Barry John Keane (Kerins O’Rahillys)
    21. Pa Kilkenny (Glenbeigh/Glencar)
    22. Brendan O’Sullivan (Valentia)
    23. Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes)
    24. Jack Sherwood (Firies)
    25. Philip O’Connor (Cordal)
    26. Conor Cox (Listowel Emmets)

Really looking forward to tomorrow,I hope the hurlers do themselves justice,really hope they give Wexford a right good game of it,give them a good rattle

Shocking attitude from minute 1 from Donegal IMO. Filthy stuff. Baffling to see Alan Fitz walking on his own after the first 5 minutes, I believed for 10minutes that McGee had been sent off for his punch as well! Several punches thrown by both sides. Mahoney in his attempt to get Murphy sent off managed to goad McLoone into punching him square in the jaw. Stupidity all sides, not what we wanted to see with a televised game.

Some lovely football from us in the end. Great goal. Donegal aimed to kill the first half due to the big wind, but if they had played to win instead they may have won the game in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Our attitude wasnt much better tbf. One or two just love to goad and act the hard man, Donaghy got things off the mark when he dragged Murphy to the ground a few moments before Fitz's red. Trampish behavious from Mcgee but it was probably next to impossible for the ref to spot what happened, they zoomed in on it at ht on TG4 and he could be in trouble yet. Mcloone didnt really even connect with Mahony but it was daft from him as he had been yellow carded a few minutes earlier and the ref was obviously going to even things up if he got a chance. Cant have any complaints about Enrights black card but I couldnt see what Denis Daly got his black for and it showed no replay on tv.

Once again Sheehans kicking was magic, bad mistake from the Gooch in the leadup to Murphys goal but overall some very positive displays from a few guys

wonga77 wrote:
    Our attitude wasnt much better tbf.

Agree we were absolutely filthy as well, but Donegal tried bullyboy tactics from the throw in.

That laid down the marker for the rest of the game.

Hope McGee sees a long ban for nearly breaking Fitzgeralds fingers. Fitzgerald threw punches so he deserves whatever ban he receives.

The sucker punches on Marc and Donncha were disgraceful.

Mahoney tried several times to get Murphy a second yellow screaming in his face. McLoone was stupid to react to Mahoney and deserved the line. I missed Daly's black card, but I agree that Enright's was fair enough.

This is pretty filthy from McGee. Will surely get a ban for this.

http://www.punditarena.com/gaa/adrumm/gaa-fans-blast-neil-mcgee-on-twitter/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Poor advertisement from both teams. I'm sure that if there were 30 player cams there would be a long list of bans handed out. Camera behind the goal will be costly for McGee. Reds were deserved. Donaghey very lucky to stay on the field. Generally speaking any one who grabs a player by the throat or in a headlock should get a red. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Poor advertisement from both teams. I'm sure that if there were 30 player cams there would be a long list of bans handed out. Camera behind the goal will be costly for McGee. Reds were deserved. Donaghey very lucky to stay on the field. Generally speaking any one who grabs a player by the throat or in a headlock should get a red. Crazy stuff.

I especially liked McGees choice of player to go after- one of the smaller and more inexperienced members of the Kerry team.
    He will have had several opportunities to do the same to someone like Donaghy over the years- never has materialised though.
    The minute he gets a dig back- he runs whinging to the umpire- a true hardman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Agree we were absolutely filthy as well.

Funny you left that bit out though. :p

Poor on both sides. Both teams full
    of big boys, well able to handle it like men and move on.

Funny you left that bit out though.

I mentioned both sides throwing punches.
    I mentioned O'Mahoney trying to get Murphy sent off.
    I mentioned stupidity on both sides

I didn't leave anything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I especially liked McGees choice of player to go after- one of the smaller and more inexperienced members of the Kerry team.
    He will have had several opportunities to do the same to someone like Donaghy over the years- never has materialised though.
    The minute he gets a dig back- he runs whinging to the umpire- a true hardman

That was his intention though. He'd be delighted the Kerry player lashed out and gave him a bloody nose. It meant Kerry were down to 14.

Its a pity the GAA doesn't really condemn ****ers engaging in this behaviour.

Am I the only person who thought Donegal were down to 14 and then 13 in the first half?

Seemed to be two red cards in the first incident as both went off and McGee not coming back on just added to the confusion. I think also the stadium announcer never realised it was a blood sub as nothing was announced or no board went up either.

Anyway, savage game, great win and we did well to win that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Both teams full
    of big boys, well able to handle it like men and move on.

Am, how about no? There is a line, and it was certainly crossed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭thesultan

Donaghy would just want to play football instead of getting in arguements. O'Mahoney is due a belt just for his tough boy behaviour

thesultan wrote:
    Donaghy would just want to play football instead of getting in arguements. O'Mahoney is due a belt just for his tough boy behaviour

Donaghy is perhaps the most targetted footballer in Ireland alongside Michael Murphy and Aidan O'Shea. Big lads aleays draw attention.

Murphy and O'Shea handle it a lot better though. Donaghy lets it get to him.

Mahoney's behaviour cannot be condoned. Screaming in a guys face to get him to hit you has no place in sport.

Having watched the first few minutes back, McLoone was extremely lucky to be on the field after the first skirmish. He threw a punch at a Kerry player with his back turned. I thought it was Donnacha Walsh, but I think Walsh was the one who saw it and lost the head altogether. McLoone backpeddled and Walsh went after him. Takes a lot to make Walsh lose the rag.

I think both counties should face a big fine a lads who threw punches should be suspended. If it means losing Sheehan, O'Mahoney and Fitzgerald, but an example is made then so be it.

We cannot be hypocritical and moan about Connolly getting off if we get away with this muck ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Sometimes the actions of some of our players is cringeworthy(not just yesterday either), i hate this goading to get a player to hit you nonsense.
    Dont think I ever saw D Walsh lose his temper before

when teams had a go at us in the past, Kerry were "soft", and "couldnt hack the rough stuff".

now when the team is able to stand up for itself and fights fire with fire, we are thugs. it really is amazing how gullible people are to northern football.

the hypocrisy is halarious.

and the "performance" of the Donegal sideline yesterday was a disgrace to the game, they acted like a bunch of animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Having watched the first few minutes back, McLoone was extremely lucky to be on the field after the first skirmish. He threw a punch at a Kerry player with his back turned. I thought it was Donnacha Walsh, but I think Walsh was the one who saw it and lost the head altogether. McLoone backpeddled and Walsh went after him. Takes a lot to make Walsh lose the rag.

I think it was Marc - Cheap shot and as you said very rare to see Donnacha so annoyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher and the Donegal sideline get into bother as well if there is further fallout given their were constantly in the linesman's ear and on the pitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement