Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Info re the National League Final

THE cost of a ticket for this year’s National League Final is almost the same as an All-Ireland semi-final ticket.

An adult stand ticket will set you back €35 which is a fiver less than the Kerry v Tyrone All-Ireland semi-final from last year, but at least the juvenile seats are just €5.

Preceded by the Division 2 final between Cavan and Tyrone, Kerry will bid to win their first League title since 2009 against Dublin in Croke Park on Sunday, April 24. After the Division 1 decider there will be a performance of the GAA’s theatrical production commemorating the rising.

‘Laochra’ will highlight the role of Gaelic games and the GAA in the story of Ireland from the earliest days through to the revolutionary period.

If you’re planning on heading up by rail, at the moment there is only one train up and one train down that would get the job done for you.

A train will depart Casement station in Tralee at 7:10am. The next train goes at 11:50am, which would make it far too late for the 3:30pm throw in.

With the game finishing around 5pm, you can only make the 7:05pm train which will be leaving Dublin Houston for Kerry that evening. At this point there is no special train for the match, but that may change the week ahead of the game.

Allianz Football Leagues Divison 1 and 2 Finals
    Followed by Laochra- The GAA Commemorates 1916

Divison 1 Throw in: 3.30pm
    Division 2 Throw in: 1.30pm

Ticket Information:
    Adult Stand: €35.00
    Juvenile U16 Stand: €5.00
    Terrace: €20

The Kerry Minor Football Team to play Waterford in the Electric Ireland Munster GAA Football Minor Championship in Dungarvan on Wednesday next contains just one of the starting fifteen from last year’s All Ireland final win over Tipperary – Sean O’Shea of Kenmare. Three subs who played in that final – Daniel O’Brien, Mike Breen and Graham O’Sullivan also make the starting fifteen while Billy Courtney and Bryan Sweeney who played in last year’s final are included among the subs.
    Four of the St Brendans Killarney Hogan Cup winning team are included, Daniel O’Brien, David Naughton, Dara Moynihan and David Clifford.

The team, captained by Seán Ó Lúing of An Ghaeltacht is as follows:
    1. Sean Ó Lúing An Ghaeltacht
    2. Graham O'Sullivan Dromid Pearses
    3. Niall Collins Listowel Emmets
    4. Micheál Reidy Ballymacelligott
    5. David Naughton Dr. Crokes
    6. Daniel O’Brien Glenflesk
    7. Micheal Foley Ballydonoghue
    8. Mike Breen Beaufort
    9. Mark Ryan Rathmore
    10. Dara Moynihan Spa
    11. Sean O’Shea Kenmare
    12. Diarmuid O'Connor Na Gaeil
    13. Brian Friel Rathmore
    14. David Clifford Fossa
    15. Ferdia O'Brien Austin Stacks

Fir Ionaid

16. Billy Courtney Dr. Crokes
    17. Michael Potts Dr. Crokes
    18. Bryan Sweeney Listowel Emmets
    19. David Shaw Dr. Crokes
    20. Tomás O'Connor Ballymacelligott
    21. Kieran Dwyer St. Pats
    22. Caolim Teahan Glenbeigh-Glencar
    23. Darren Casey St. Mary's
    24. Fionán Mackessy Ardfert

Bainistíocht:
    Bainisteoir: Peter Keane (St Marys)
    Treanalaí: Chris Flannery and Padraig Murphy
    Roghnoirí: Tommy Griffin (Dingle), James Foley (Kilcummin)

Liaison Officer: Christy Killeen

Additional Players on the Kerry Minor Panel
    Dean Fitzgerald Rathmore
    Stefan Okunbar Na Gaeil
    Mikey O’Boyle Dingle
    Johnny O'Sullivan Beale
    Niall O'Donoghue Firies

Rehabbing from Injury
    Cormac Linnane Beale
    Karl Mullins Kerins O'Rahillys
    Daragh Sugrue Tuosist
    Cormac Leane Milltown Castlemaine
    Ciaran O'Connor Gneeveguilla

Club Championships kicked off at the weekend

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/competitionFixturesResults/108154/s_e_n_i_o_r_c_l_u_b

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/competitionFixturesResults/108155/i_n_t_e_r_m_e_d_i_a_t_e_c_h_a_m_p

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/competitionFixturesResults/107099/j_u_n_i_o_r_c_h_a_m_p

Draw was made for the next round

Senior Club Championship – S/Finals

Sat April 30 @ 6.30pm – (Extra Time if needed)

Killarney Legion v Dr Crokes in Kilcummin

Dingle v Austin Stacks in Annascaul

Senior Club Championship– Relegation Play-off Rd 1

Sun May 1 @ 2.30pm – (Extra Time if needed)

Rathmore v Kilcummin in Lewis Rd

Kerins O Rahillys v Miltown/C’maine in Farranfore

Castleisland Mart Intermediate Club Championship – Quarter Finals

Spa v Kenmare

Ardfert v An Ghaeltacht

Desmonds v Currow

St Michaels/Foilmore v Templenoe
    Games to be played St April 23rd or w/e Apr 30th/May 1st – 1st Named has Home venue

Castleisland Mart Premier Junior Club Championship – 1st Round

Firies v Moyvane

St Senans v Dromid Pearses

Churchill v Ballydonoghue

Listowel Emmets v Beaufort

Annascaul v Renard (2.30pm)

St Pats v Glenbeigh/Glencar

Keel v Finuge

Na Gaeil v Ballymacelligott

Games to be played at 6.30pm Sat Apr 23rd or w/e Apr 30th/May 1st – 1st Named has Home venue

Castleisland Mart Junior Club Championship – 1st Round

Duagh v Asdee

Knocknagoshel v Tuosist

Castlegregory v Cordal

Sneem/Derrynane v Listry

Cromane v Beale

Fossa v Lispole

Ballyduff v Scartaglen

Valentia v Tarbert (2.30pm Sunday May 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Hard to look past Crokes to win out the Senior Club - They seem to be in flying form
    The senior relegation will be interesting too and think it will be between Milltown & Kilcummin who will drop to intermediate.

In the Intermediate Ardfert had the shock of the weekend taking out the Champs Mary's and their next round game v An Gaeltacht will be tie of the round. St.Michaels/Foilmore v Templenoe will be a cracker also.Can see the champs coming from those two games

The Premier Junior Churchill knocking out Beale,Moyvane winning v Listry and Renards win over Tarbert were unforeseen and the next round games between St Senans v Dromid , Emmets v Beaufort and St Pats v Glenbeigh/Glencar should be interesting.Think we will see Beaufort or Glenbeigh finally getting over the line by the end of this championship

In the Junior championship (Formally the Novice)
    Couple of big hitters down here now with Tarbert,Listry and Beale all with eyes on capturing this trophy but i think the winners will come from the Fossa v Lispole game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Team to play Dublin just announced...

1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
    2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
    3. Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore
    4. Shane Enright Tarbert
    5. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
    6. Aidan O’Mahony Rathmore
    7. Fionn Fitzgerald Dr Crokes
    8. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks
    9. David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys
    10. Bryan Sheehan (C) St Marys
    11. Paul Murphy Rathmore
    12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
    13. Darran O’Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
    14. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes
    15. Stephen O’Brien Kenmare
    Fir Ionaid:
    16. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
    17. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
    18. Killian Young Renard
    19. Barry John Keane Kerins O’Rahillys
    20. Padraig O’Connor Killarney Legion
    21. Michael Geaney Dingle
    22. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
    23. Brendan O’Sullivan Valentia
    24. Kieran O’Leary Dr Crokes
    25. Tommy Walsh Kerins O’Rahillys
    26. Denis Daly St Marys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Same As wrote: »
    Team to play Dublin just announced...

1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
    2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
    3. Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore
    4. Shane Enright Tarbert
    5. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
    6. Aidan O’Mahony Rathmore
    7. Fionn Fitzgerald Dr Crokes
    8. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks
    9. David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys
    10. Bryan Sheehan (C) St Marys
    11. Paul Murphy Rathmore
    12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
    13. Darran O’Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
    14. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes
    15. Stephen O’Brien Kenmare
    Fir Ionaid:
    16. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
    17. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
    18. Killian Young Renard
    19. Barry John Keane Kerins O’Rahillys
    20. Padraig O’Connor Killarney Legion
    21. Michael Geaney Dingle
    22. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
    23. Brendan O’Sullivan Valentia
    24. Kieran O’Leary Dr Crokes
    25. Tommy Walsh Kerins O’Rahillys
    26. Denis Daly St Marys

Pretty much Championship-strength, so should be a close contest. Little doubt, going by the League, that Kerry and the Dubs have pulled away from the chasing pack this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Pretty much Championship-strength, so should be a close contest. Little doubt, going by the League, that Kerry and the Dubs have pulled away from the chasing pack this year.

Any idea where Alan Fitzgerald is? Assuming Paul Geaney is just being given time to get some club matches under his belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I don't think that is the case with regard to Kerry.

From a quick glance that team is very close to the one that has been playing since the losses to Dublin and Roscommon.

I think its exactly the same line up as was picked v Mayo and Monaghan.
    The back 6 has not changed in a long time and with the odd swapping of Alan Fitzgearld for Stephen O Brien I don't think the forwards have changed much either.

So Kerry have been playing with pretty much a full deck for a while now, whereas their opponents may not have been.

The early losses in the first two games forced Fitzmaurice to go back to the regulars and it seems there had been little change since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Chiarrai_abu

Paul Geaney is a huge loss and obviously James O'Donougoue.
    If we get to within 3 points of Dublin in an April game I would be pleased enough.
    The Dublin team look away fitter. We lacked pace against Roscommon down in Killarney. I doubt we are fit enough for Dublin at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

When is James O'Donoghue due to be back?

• Advertisement

When is James O'Donoghue due to be back?

Fitzmaurice said a few weeks ago that he should be training by May, so Munster final's probably the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Much of a Kerry crowd heading up I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Much of a Kerry crowd heading up I wonder?

Seems to be a daecent crowd based on what I've seen and the talk about tickets. Dubs being the opposition is a big draw and the "relative" novelty of a league final. Munster final in Killarney again means supporters budgets are available for travel. However very few seem to be planning on staying for the 1916 stuff after from the folk I've been talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Best of luck to the Kerry team today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Rain forcast here in Dublin from the throw in of the first game until the end of the Laochra show.

Dampens some of my optimism.

Slows both sides down which is no harm I suppose, but makes SOB pretty ineffective.

Covers a bit for out lack of speed at 8, 9, 10.

Ciarraí Abú

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Rain forcast here in Dublin from the throw in of the first game until the end of the Laochra show.

Dampens some of my optimism.

Slows both sides down which is no harm I suppose, but makes SOB pretty ineffective.

Covers a bit for out lack of speed at 8, 9, 10.

Ciarraí Abú

The rain if it comes isn't forecast to be heavy. Light shower or two maybe. Higher chance it will stay dry.

corny wrote:
    The rain if it comes isn't forecast to be heavy. Light shower or two maybe. Higher chance it will stay dry.

Checked 3 different forcasters since reading your post and all 3 are different. So now I have no idea

Stupidly nice weather all week, then this!

Anyway rain, no matter how light makes Croker greasy. Slows down the SOB's and DOS players. Hopefully alows down the Dublin midfield a bit as well.

Paul Murphy will surely drop back and cover any Dublin wing backs or corner backs making attacks.
    It will make more sense than Gooch tracking back anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Hard luck to the lads today. Dubs at their peak as a team and we're not. We stayed in it for longer than I thought we would.

I thought our kickouts were poor, all long down the middle and 50/50 at best. We don't have the running game of the dubs either so we're forced to kick in percentage ball into the FF line.

Plenty fellas out there who owe Kerry nothing but for some, chasing fellas in their mid-20s when you're thirtysomething isn't easy.

Buckley, Maher and O'Donoghue still to come back but I think we still well behind the dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Most enjoyable game. Thought the Dublin subs made far more of an impact than kerrys. Didn't see the red card incident but it was a game changer, linesman gave it for striking with the fist apparently.
    Poor kickout for the first goal didn't help either.
    Dublin really are the benchmark, hard to see them not winning Sam again.

Dublin are the best team in the country and have been for 2-3 years.
    We were in the game for long enough but Dublin had the fitness and strength.
    We need a bit more pace in the backs. Marc Se struggled. For a Dublin game we need a few faster guys in the pitch for Championship

Still, at least we can say the finish wasn't half as embarrassing as Laochra!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Still, at least we can say the finish wasn't half as embarrassing as Laochra!

I actually enjoyed it.

Depreasing. Massive Fitzmaurice fan but today has me questioning what way we are going.

With Mahoney as a sweeper we looked solid. Swithched to Man to Man exposed Marc inside. Fionn not up to it at this level of physicality. Donaghy, Sheehan, Moran and Donnacha exposed for pace.

Left Gooch and Star on too long.

Murphy and Crowley excellent. Enright pretty good, very unlucky for the penalty.

Mahoney cost us big time. Didnt see it but others did and I presume it was deserved.

Would have liked some fair play from the referee regarding the Dublin full back line. Dragged Cooper and Donaghy repeatedly only for frees to be given the other way.

Miles behind. Dublin jeers still ringing in my ears. Motivation for a potential Semi Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭thesultan

Young O'Connor looks very pacy. put him on Kerrigan in Munster and see how he goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Im going to presume the Mahony incident wasnt caught on camera? No reply anyway, he never learns, always plays over the edge. That really cost us although I think the Dubs had it in them to step up a gear if they wanted. Griffin certainly didnt look happy to be taken off either. I think the management made some odd decisions but as I said we were well behind Dublin and they didnt hit top gear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I think the line got some big calls wrong today.

Gooch was ineffective, took off O Brien who was working his socks off.

Crowley our best player by a mile. Taken off.

Mark Griffin was outstanding. Taken off. Immediately leaked two soft goals.

Griffin was paricularly infuriating as his absence in the previous game exposed the back line when he went off.

Well done to Dublin. They put us to the sword when given an opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pinesky

I think the line got some big calls wrong today.

Gooch was ineffective, took off O Brien who was working his socks off.

Crowley our best player by a mile. Taken off.

Mark Griffin was outstanding. Taken off. Immediately leaked two soft goals.

Griffin was paricularly infuriating as his absence in the previous game exposed the back line when he went off.

Well done to Dublin. They put us to the sword when given an opening.
    Dublin were better . ref was a joke . surely we've seen enough by now to say no to Leinster refs.
    Kerry tactics strange. Donaghy & Sheehan both playing left half back . Too much respect for Dublin .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

tactics, subs or the ref didnt cost us that game, going down to 14 men with 25 minutes worth of game time left, ultimately did.

we were beaten by a better team, but the loss of O Mahoney was the game changer in the sense that our game ended, a game that Dublin i think would have won by mayb 4 or 5 points as opposed to 11 had we kept 15 on the pitch.

you cant afford red cards in games like that, it happens. the scoreline means fu*k all when 8 of the points came from 67th minute on when the tank was empty at that stage.

people should just stop blaming fitzmaurice or the ref or this player and that player, sometimes you just got to hold our hand up and say Dublin are better than us and learn from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement