Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

So I'm thinking after today's games it looks like we will be meeting either Clare, Derry or Roscommon. Hopefully it is Derry as they would be the toughest opponents (from a weak lot) to get. When will the draw be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

So who do we need to beat now to get to the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

So who do we need to beat now to get to the final?

clare/rosscommon or derry in the 1/4 final with the likelyhood of Dublin in the semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kerry Juniors won today and will face Mayo in the Final again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Kerry Juniors won today and will beat Mayo in the Final again.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Kerry Juniors won today and will face Mayo in the Final again.

Seen the game today, they had to find another gear in the second half and weren't soft in themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Kerry Clare next Sunday in Croke Park. Time to be confirmed. Pity they don't play it in the Gaelic Grounds. You won't get too many travelling from Kerry for that on the bank holiday.

Kerry Clare next Sunday in Croke Park. Time to be confirmed. Pity they don't play it in the Gaelic Grounds. You won't get too many travelling from Kerry for that on the bank holiday.

Provincial champions play their next game in CP, has been that way for decades except 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Clare will probably want their day out in Croker too, cant see many heading up for it from down here anyway

Donegal to beat Cork and then then Dublin, Kerry to beat Donegal and face Galway or Tyrone in the final is my prediction.

• Advertisement

i imagine its just a case of going up geting the season ticket scanned and going home again next week :)

i cant see where we would have improved enough to trouble ye even like we did two years ago , for us its the worst possible draw , kerry will want to lay down a marker for the dubs in the semi , while we will be on our 4th game in as many weeks it probably is not ideal for ye as reguards semi final preparations go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Clare will not be ideal prep for the Dublin game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

mystic86 wrote: »
    Clare will not be ideal prep for the Dublin game. :(

It hasn't bothered Kerry teams in the past. And Dublin have just breezed their way through another ridiculously easy Leinster Championship (they might get a tough quarter final though).

Kerry will beat Clare comfortably though that's a certainty. I feel a bit sorry for Clare because they've been on a great run and surely would have wanted to play absolutely anyone but Kerry at this stage. I'd have given them a decent chance against Galway but not a hope against Kerry.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    It hasn't bothered Kerry teams in the past. And Dublin have just breezed their way through another ridiculously easy Leinster Championship (they might get a tough quarter final though).

Kerry will beat Clare comfortably though that's a certainty. I feel a bit sorry for Clare because they've been on a great run and surely would have wanted to play absolutely anyone but Kerry at this stage. I'd have given them a decent chance against Galway but not a hope against Kerry.

agree if it was derry or roscommon for some reason it would be a far more competitive match despite kerry would beat either side by the same margin , its just the nature of the football championship at the moment kerry dublin and maybe one or two more are just too far ahead of everyone else

aidan24326 wrote: »

A lot was made of Dublin's tough SF v Mayo last year and how it helped them.

Kerry on the other hand breezed past Kildare and handled Tyrone without much fuss.

This year they will have Clare, Tipp, Clare before they meet Dublin.
    Leinster is bad too but Dublin will of one of Cork, Donegal, Mayo before they possibly meet Kerry.

The league final exposed Kerry as being old and slow.
    Without the benefit of a tougher challenge they will be unable to find out if anything they change can make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kerry on the other hand breezed past Kildare and handled Tyrone without much fuss.

I don't remember it that way, I was that game too. Tyrone provided a very tough test for kerry imo. Wrapped up star etc. It was close towards the end. I understand that you may think that Tyrone are overestimated by some, possibility the most overestimated team in the country, but I wouldn't agree

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerry-see-off-tyrone-in-croker-cracker-to-reach-all-ireland-final-31471629.html

Stoner wrote: »
    I don't remember it that way, I was that game too. Tyrone provided a very tough test for kerry imo. Wrapped up star etc. It was close towards the end. I understand that you may think that Tyrone are overestimated by some, possibility the most overestimated team in the country, but I wouldn't agree

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerry-see-off-tyrone-in-croker-cracker-to-reach-all-ireland-final-31471629.html

Under estimate Tyrone at your peril, I think we will have new All-Ireland champions this year, Tyrone are the most likely and I can see Dublin getting turned over if they meet a tough test and there is a fair and unbiased referee on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Yep id agree, I think its gonna take a very good team to beat Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Mayo will beat Tyrone imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Agree. Tyrone are being blown up enormously everywhere - don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

keane2097 wrote: »

I dont get all the hype the national media make of the Ulster Championship,its very average but the media make a big thing out of it every year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

keane2097 wrote:

Realistically there's Donegal, Kerry, Dublin and Mayo as top teams. Tyrone had a good go at kerry last year and have beaten Donegal this year.
    They have a manager that has delivered three AIs that's more than the Donegal, Mayo and Kerry Managers combined.
    Dublin are down two all stars and the current player of the year. Donegal and Mayo aren't as good as they were last year imo, Kerry are one year older.

I'm not saying that they are fantastic, but most the other teams have dropped off. They certainly deserve to be taken seriously, otherwise don't take Donegal or Mayo seriously either IMO. Tyrone are the Ulster Champions, they've shown improvement on last year.

Tyrone and Galway are on the up, I guess people will talk them up. Tyrone are being spoken about with hope because people think that MH can out fox the Dublin set up, getting past Mayo will be difficult for them. Based on last year's form I'd have Mayo winning that game too, but Mayo were the second best team last year IMO. All the signs are there from Tyrone though, they are moving in the right direction and the other top three or four aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stoner wrote: »
    Realistically there's Donegal, Kerry, Dublin and Mayo as top teams. Tyrone had a good go at kerry last year and have beaten Donegal this year.
    They have a manager that has delivered three AIs that's more than the Donegal, Mayo and Kerry Managers combined.
    Dublin are down two all stars and the current player of the year. Donegal and Mayo aren't as good as they were last year imo, Kerry are one year older.

I'm not saying that they are fantastic, but most the other teams have dropped off. They certainly deserve to be taken seriously, otherwise don't take Donegal or Mayo seriously either IMO. Tyrone are the Ulster Champions, they've shown improvement on last year.

Tyrone and Galway are on the up, I guess people will talk them up. Tyrone are being spoken about with hope because people think that MH can out fox the Dublin set up, getting past Mayo will be difficult for them. Based on last year's form I'd have Mayo winning that game too, but Mayo were the second best team last year IMO. All the signs are there from Tyrone though, they are moving in the right direction and the other top three or four aren't.

Donegal are nowhere near the other three IMO, which is what raises question marks over Tyrone's form line.

They are maybe as good as Mayo if Mayo have dropped down to their level vs Fermanagh, but not particularly close to Mayo v Dublin last year. Kerry had another gear last year which they found easily when Tyrone got the penalty.

Dublin at their best are a good bit further ahead again, and Dublin off the boil are still at least as good as Kerry/Mayo.

I very much doubt Galway are at the Tyrone/Donegal level, I guess we might see.

Overall, I could see Tyrone managing to beat Mayo/Kerry/Dublin but I couldn't see them being favourites against any of them. If Mayo are ****e again this weekend I'd probably put the two teams on par.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Is it looking like JOD will start this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Mayo will beat Tyrone imo.

hmmm Dunno,i fancy Tyrone to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

A big day for Tony Brosnan. Don't know why the numbers won't show but sure we all know what's going on I'm sure :pac:

The team, captained by Killian Young is as follows:

Brian Kelly, Killarney Legion
    Shane Enright, Tarbert
    Mark Griffin, St Michaels/Foilmore
    Killian Young, Renard
    Brian Ó Beaglaoich, An Ghaeltacht
    Peter Crowley, Laune Rangers
    Tadhg Morley, Templenoe
    Kieran Donaghy, Austin Stacks
    David Moran, Kerins O’Rahillys
    Stephen O’Brien, Kenmare
    Paul Murphy, Rathmore
    Donnchadh Walsh, Cromane
    Darran O’Sullivan, Glenbeigh-Glencar
    Paul Geaney, Dingle
    James O’Donoghue, Killarney Legion
    Subs:

Brendan Kealy, Kilcummin
    Bryan Sheehan, St Marys
    Aidan O’Mahony, Rathmore
    Anthony Maher, Duagh
    Barry John Keane, Kerins O’Rahillys
    Marc Ó Sé, An Ghaeltacht
    Jonathan Lyne, Killarney Legion
    Fionn Fitzgerald, Dr Crokes
    Tom O’Sullivan, Dingle
    Barry O’Sullivan, Dingle
    Tony Brosnan, Dr Crokes

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Is Tony Brosnan any relation to Eoin Brosnan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Great to see James back anyway. Hopefully he can get a bit of luck for the rest of the year after a bad time of it with injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Junior Final in Croke Park next Saturday at 2pm, before the Quarter Finals.

I'm happy out because I was going anyway, but might piss off Kerry fans who will struggle to get tickets with the game a likely sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭50HX

assuming kerry beat clare what w/end would they be playing the winners of Don/Dublin??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement