Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

50HX wrote: »
    assuming kerry beat clare what w/end would they be playing the winners of Don/Dublin??

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭50HX

but which w/end is it

21st or 28th of August??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

50HX wrote: »
    but which w/end is it

21st or 28th of August??

Apologies, misread what you were asking. Weekend of the 28th.

http://www.gaa.ie/football/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭50HX

Apologies, misread what you were asking. Weekend of the 28th.

http://www.gaa.ie/football/gaa-football-all-ireland-senior-championship/fixtures

great stuff

thanks Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

dobman88 wrote: »
    A big day for Tony Brosnan. Don't know why the numbers won't show but sure we all know what's going on I'm sure :pac:

The team, captained by Killian Young is as follows:

Brian Kelly, Killarney Legion
    Shane Enright, Tarbert
    Mark Griffin, St Michaels/Foilmore
    Killian Young, Renard
    Brian Ó Beaglaoich, An Ghaeltacht
    Peter Crowley, Laune Rangers
    Tadhg Morley, Templenoe
    Kieran Donaghy, Austin Stacks
    David Moran, Kerins O’Rahillys
    Stephen O’Brien, Kenmare
    Paul Murphy, Rathmore
    Donnchadh Walsh, Cromane
    Darran O’Sullivan, Glenbeigh-Glencar
    Paul Geaney, Dingle
    James O’Donoghue, Killarney Legion
    Subs:

Brendan Kealy, Kilcummin
    Bryan Sheehan, St Marys
    Aidan O’Mahony, Rathmore
    Anthony Maher, Duagh
    Barry John Keane, Kerins O’Rahillys
    Marc Ó Sé, An Ghaeltacht
    Jonathan Lyne, Killarney Legion
    Fionn Fitzgerald, Dr Crokes
    Tom O’Sullivan, Dingle
    Barry O’Sullivan, Dingle
    Tony Brosnan, Dr Crokes

Where has Brendan O'Sullivan gone to? Thought he played well when came on as sub in a couple league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gael85 wrote: »
    Where has Brendan O'Sullivan gone to? Thought he played well when came on as sub in a couple league games
    Injured along with:

Cooper
    Buckley
    M.Geaney
    Alan Fitz
    Podge O'Connor

and probably a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Full-Time: Kerry 1-24 Derry 2-10 in the minors, much more comfortable than expected Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

We'll be annihilated by any half decent team based on that first half performance. Dublin will be laughing watching that

Dunno, think we're doing just enough to stay in front, players dont seem up for it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Terrible to think this is a national 1/4 final. Don't see any improvement in the Kerry approach in over a year though. Dubs will win the semi handy, assuming they come through their 1/4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

You can only beat what's in front of you...and unfortunately, Clare aren't anything like a challenge,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

You can only beat what's in front of you...and unfortunately, Clare aren't anything like a challenge,

Yet we're only up by 9 points? Kerry have been.absolutely woeful.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yet we're only up by 9 points? Kerry have been.absolutely woeful.

It's called being dragged down to their level and being beaten with experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

This is such absolutely woeful sh*te to watch that I really feel that we as a county have massively regressed on basic skills in a vain attempt to match others for physicality.

How many wides have we kicked from with 30 yards?

That was fairly boring, hopefully theres a bit of life in the second game

Id say the A v B games must surely be more intense then that, maybe a few rounds of county championship wouldnt have hurt some of these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

wonga77 wrote: »
    Id say the A v B games must surely be more intense then that, maybe a few rounds of county championship wouldnt have hurt some of these guys

Even a few county league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's called being dragged down to their level and being beaten with experience

That can't always be the excuse.

Look a ye destruction ye wrought on Kildare at this stage last year. Ye weren't brought down to their level on that day.

Some of the shooting today from Kerry was criminal.

BJK, Darran and (begrudgingly) JOD were decent today though.

That can't always be the excuse.

Look a ye destruction ye wrought on Kildare at this stage last year. Ye weren't brought down to their level on that day.

Some of the shooting today from Kerry was criminal.

BJK, Darran and (begrudgingly) JOD were decent today though.

We peaked too early last year, we have 4 weeks to prepare, and Dublin haven't had a game all championship...I'm not feeling pessimistic

We peaked too early last year, we have 4 weeks to prepare, and Dublin haven't had a game all championship...I'm not feeling pessimistic

We haven't had a game? We've played the same amount of nonentities as ye.

Admittedly we played 3 different teams.

The logic that's being thrown around about the state of our opponents is astounding.

By the time the SF comes about we'll have had a real test. If we win it of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I like your optimism but we're miles away and have regressed badly from this time last year. We don't have the legs for Dublin and will not beat them. I'd give us a good chance against Donegal.

mickeyk wrote: »
    I like your optimism but we're miles away and have regressed badly from this time last year. We don't have the legs for Dublin and will not beat them. I'd give us a good chance against Donegal.

Like 2014 and 2006. I think we might had had ye. The hard work was done by others. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mickeyk wrote:

Kerry have the measure of Donegal alright. Id say Donegal would rather play Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

well done today lads , bit of a cake walk but , the best outcome for kerry today is they are now compleatly written off for the semi final in 3 weeks time .... just like 2009? everyone is talking about kerrys lack of intensity and not being tested at the same time , i doubt dublin have gained too much by the likes of dean rock scoring 1-10 a game in leinster , truth probably known neither side will be really tested until they meet each other next month

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

job done as usual in these games, thought we were poor but look, we are where we need to be and have 3+ weeks to get ready.

need to improve, but i think we can do ourselves justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

We only conceeded 5 points in the first half, when we played with our sweepers.
    Nothing came up the middle.

Donaghy for the second time outplayed Garry Brennan at midfield, and for me is one of our most important players along with Paul Murphy.

Forwards were off form and still we hit a decent total.

I'd read nothing into the second half to be honest. We went man to man so we invited more shots on our goal, while getting more shots ourselves on the Clare goal.

Maher still has a long way to go. Looked slow and Brennan beat him for a good few balls.

Marc came on and played at CHB. Very interesting. Wouldn't shock me to see Marc and Aidan start against the Dubs.

Full back line was solid. Young looks faster this year, and had a good game on Collins.

I was happy enough with the performance bar the shooting. Will need to up the accuracy for the Dubs or Donegal.

Joe Brolly was Terrace Talk this evening,couple of the lads in the studio were mad to ask him a few questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Joe Brolly was Terrace Talk this evening,couple of the lads in the studio were mad to ask him a few questions :D

Sylvester Hennessey challenged him to come on a few weeks back, something Brolly said about Kerry fouling and Sylvester having stats to day otherwise.

Looking forweto the podcast.

Sylvester Hennessey challenged him to come on a few weeks back, something Brolly said about Kerry fouling and Sylvester having stats to day otherwise.

Looking forweto the podcast.

Timmy said they should try and get him back on next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Timmy said they should try and get him back on next week

Timmy ?, Timmy ?

Don't tell me Weeshie is still on holidays ?

Its brutal with Timmy presenting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement