Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Need a bit of this Sunday

Play with no fear and tear into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Triboro wrote: »
    Hope your wrong!

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Need a bit of this Sunday

Who are these fellas he was playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Whats the craic with the tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Stoner wrote: »

Was it Derry?? AI qtr final

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »

Laois in the Leinster Final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

liam7831 wrote: »

Plenty available. Was some on sale in the Kerry store yesterday. Should be able to pick one up on the day too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any predictions for the team on sunday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

liam7831 wrote: »

Pat Hickey has loads give him a call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

any predictions for the team on sunday?

Have no idea, hard they tried paul murphy in goals last monday night seemingly he played there for Rathmore at under 8 level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

dobman88 wrote: »
    Plenty available. Was some on sale in the Kerry store yesterday. Should be able to pick one up on the day too

All sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Kealy. Young, Griffin. O beaghlagh. murphy. Crowley, m o se. Lyne, moran. J Buckley, o sullivan, walsh, geaney, donaghy, o donoghue.

Kealy. Young, Griffin. O beaghlagh. murphy. Crowley, m o se. Lyne, moran. J Buckley, o sullivan, walsh, geaney, donaghy, o donoghue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Pat Hickey has loads give him a call.

I thought it was the Olympics tickets he had, prob Delaney be a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There will be no material change to the team line up to what we've seen all year imo. The biggest potential for change is that Murphy might go back to the backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/10010857/Kerry_Team_Announcements_for_All_Ireland_Semi_Finals
    Kerry Teams for All Ireland Semi Finals

Senior
    The Kerry Senior team will be announced on Friday evening and posted on the Kerry GAA Website at 9pm

Minor
    The Kerry Minor Team will also be announced on Friday evening and posted on the Kerry GAA Website at 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭50HX

so all the papers have gooch down as sub

would ye believe it???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

50HX wrote:
    so all the papers have gooch down as sub
    would ye believe it???

I'd be more surprised if he started.

I'm hearing:
    1. Kelly
    2. Enright
    3. Griffin
    4. Young
    5. Murphy
    6. Crowley
    7. Morely
    8. Moran
    9. Sheehan
    10. O'Brien
    11. Darren
    12. Walsh
    13. Geaney
    14. Donaghy
    15. O'Donaghue

I wouldn't move Donaghy or Murphy from positions they have done well in all year to be honest.

I also don't like taking Geaney out of Full Forward and putting him in the corner.

I'm also not sure if the team we see named tonight will start at all. We need to use every trick in the book to catch Dublin out this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I'd be more surprised if he started.

I'm hearing:
    1. Kelly
    2. Enright
    3. Griffin
    4. Young
    5. Murphy
    6. Crowley
    7. Morely
    8. Moran
    9. Sheehan
    10. O'Brien
    11. Darren
    12. Walsh
    13. Geaney
    14. Donaghy
    15. O'Donaghue

I wouldn't move Donaghy or Murphy from positions they have done well in all year to be honest.

I also don't like taking Geaney out of Full Forward and putting him in the corner.

I'm also not sure if the team we see named tonight will start at all. We need to use every trick in the book to catch Dublin out this time.

Donnchadh Boyle seems to think so anyway.

I can't see him starting.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/eamonn-fitzmaurice-set-to-hold-colm-cooper-in-reserve-for-dublin-clash-34997126.html

As the game gets closer I have a hundred different theories of how we might line out.

This one is buzzing around my head, and is one of the madder ideas I have for Sunday.

Maybe we could put Sheehan in corner forward, instead of bringing Donaghy in.

I think Donaghy has a lot more upside at midfield than Sheehan. I think he's faster, harder working and covers the angles well.

Having Sheehan on the field is vital for the the free taking.
    Sheehan is tall and tough, and would be a mismatch under the high ball for any of the Dublin fullback line.
    His lack of pace wouldn't be as exposed inside, and when on the ball, he can kick some lovely points.
    Sheehan is also a bit of a bully and loves the rough stuff.
    He might take some of the rough stuff that Geaney and James would be getting from Cooper and Philly.

He played the position for years, and while he was never a superstar at Corner Forward, that was certainly a different era for Kerry football, where the focus would have been on speedy and skillful Corner Forwards.

Best of all it would enable Kerry to keep Geaney at Full Forward, where he has excelled far more often then at Corner Forward. The dual high ball threat, would create a bit of a dilemma for Cian O'Sullivan as the sweeper, and might pull him a bit towards the corner where Sheehan would be. This could give James that half a yard extra space to really do damage.

All in an ideal world.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is there a chance (as has been suggested before and mentioned by corny over in our thread) that Donaghy in the middle is a ruse and that he'll be stationed on the square? There's a fair reasoning to that tbf.

Is there a chance (as has been suggested before and mentioned by corny over in our thread) that Donaghy in the middle is a ruse and that he'll be stationed on the square? There's a fair reasoning to that tbf.
    A massive chance, but as I have said above I'd prefer him out the field.

He gets fúck all from referee's at Full Forward because he is a mouth. Philly will be like a jockey for the match and get away with it.

Sheehan would be a different prospect in there, and might be a bit cuter to go down and win himself some frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

If Donaghy plays in midfield here, forget about it. One of the few sensible articles all week on this game was by Ger O'Keeffe (a club mate of Donaghy's) in the Examiner and he hit the nail on the head. It's full forward or nowhere for Donaghy. If he does nothing other than suck in Philly and Cian O'Sullivan and breaks a bit of ball to Geaney and Jameso, that's enough.
    He'd be lost out around the middle in this game. He's a bad kick passer, always was. He is also a terrible tackler and would be a likely candidate to see the line with Gough in charge as he (through malice or just poor technique) usually high-tackles someone in every game. He wouldn't handle McAuley who isn't having the greatest of years so far and he certainly wouldn't cope with Fenton.

I have to say, usually I ignore most of the media during the week of a game and laugh at opposition fans getting irked by articles by so and so..but, this week there has been an absolute deluge of ex-Kerry player and other pundits banging on with nonsense about how Kerry should go about stopping Dublin. I've never seen anything like it and this time I can't blame anyone for being sick of it. Don't think it helps Kerry in any way either. The likes of Tomás O'Flaharta and Mickey Ned have had big pieces in daily's or RTE for example..I mean, you may aswell ask Dustin the turkey who he thinks should mark Diarmuid Connolly. :rolleyes:

I think we will see some kind of performance from Kerry, at least I hope we will, but whether or not it's enough depends on the legs in the final quarter, the defensive plan and the effectiveness of the bench. I actually think Dublin have quite a few chinks in the armour that haven't been fully exploited this year to date, but my head is telling me they probably still have enough to edge this game.
    If Buckley, JOD and Maher were 100% fit and had 1 or 2 games under the belt I'd be more confident, but it's just hard to know where they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Donaghy and Sheehan could rotate between midfield and the FF line as neither have the legs for a full game in the middle. Both must start surely.

Cooper will likely be a sub. It gives the opposition a lift seeing him subbed in the second half. I'd prefer to see him coming in fresh at this stage. Remember how brilliant canavan was for Tyrone doing this in the 00s.

Midfield is a big issue. We were totally overrun there last September and that's when Moran / maher were fully fit. If there's a surprise in the lineup it'll be here. I don't believe the Sheehan in goals theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭50HX

mickeyk wrote: »
    Donaghy and Sheehan could rotate between midfield and the FF line as neither have the legs for a full game in the middle. Both must start surely.

Cooper will likely be a sub. It gives the opposition a lift seeing him subbed in the second half. I'd prefer to see him coming in fresh at this stage. Remember how brilliant canavan was for Tyrone doing this in the 00s.

Midfield is a big issue. We were totally overrun there last September and that's when Moran / maher were fully fit. If there's a surprise in the lineup it'll be here. I don't believe the Sheehan in goals theory.

maher won't start - zero proper game time, just getting back to fitness

that leaves moran +1.......sheehan?, buckley, griffin??

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

50HX wrote:

Mark O Connor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

50HX wrote: »

50HX wrote: »

Who knows. Depends on how lads are going in training I guess. If I had to guess right now ids say we will start with a two man FF line of Geaney / Donaghy. Half forward line JOD / Sullivan / Walsh. This means Moran and maher or Sheehan starting in the middle. Murphy is the extra forward and probably drops back for a lot of the game.

Throwing a wildcard like mark o Connor or Barry o Sullivan in is a bit of a gamble and won't happen although both could be huge players for Kerry in the future. I think O'Connor is injured anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Kelly,Begley,killian,enright, lyno, griffin, Crowley, donnchadh, moran, murphy, darran, stephen, james, donaghy, geaney

Text from Kerry from reliable source

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement