Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

290461.jpg

Dan is obviously not happy to hear this lads, He's clearly not made of glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

kerry team v monaghan for sunday april 9, 2010, killarney, 15:30 hrs

01 B Kealy
    02 M O'Se
    03 T Griffin
    04 T O'Sullivan
    05 D Bohan
    06 T O'Se
    07 K Young
    08 S Scanlon
    09 A Maher
    10 P Galvin
    11 Dec O'Sullivan
    12 D Walsh
    13 C Cooper
    14 K Donaghy
    15 Dar O'Sullivan

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

fresca wrote: »
    kerry team v monaghan for sunday april 9, 2010, killarney, 15:30 hrs

01 B Kealy
    02 M O'Se
    03 T Griffin
    04 T O'Sullivan
    05 D Bohan
    06 T O'Se
    07 K Young
    08 S Scanlon
    09 A Maher
    10 P Galvin
    11 Dec O'Sullivan
    12 D Walsh
    13 C Cooper
    14 K Donaghy
    15 Dar O'Sullivan

Interesting team that. Good to see our possible championship midfield, while the half back line is intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Great to see Bohane playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

hi dudes , dudesses , game on any tv station today ? Im from monaghan lol . But we have no discussion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Not on tv . Probably on GAA 2010 on TG4 tomorrow

thesultan wrote: »
    Not on tv . Probably on GAA 2010 on TG4 tomorrow

Any way we can find out for sure?

Got this on the TG4 website fwiw:
    Monday, 12.04.2010
    20:00 GAA 2010
    Highlights from the weekend’s GAA matches in the 7th round of the National Football League. Commentary by Brian Tyers and Mac Dara Mac Donncha.

1st round of the munster minor football championship this wednesday (14 april) in tralee. throw in 7pm.
    best of luck to pat driscoll on his first day out....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

1st round of the munster minor football championship this wednesday (14 april) in tralee. throw in 7pm.

is this knockout? tipp have been dangerous over the last few years.any idea of the panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I suppose Gooch's recuperation will give him more time to go to the pub now ;)

Seriously though, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery from it. It looked like a sore one alright.

How did Barry John Keane play?

He gave a nice ball in to Star there in the build up to the goal.

keane2097 wrote: »
    How did Barry John Keane play?

He gave a nice ball in to Star there in the build up to the goal.
    overall, contributed well.
    he needs to calm down a small bit though.
    and be a bit more clinical.
    but given the intensity of this game, i think that he should be happy and it will do him good.
    he showed well and went looking for the ball... which is more than can be said for other forwards.
    perhaps, he needs to do some work with Kieran, to get that "playing-off" game working.
    but then, i suspect, he would be more comfortable on the half-forward line than full-forward line.
    but, all in all, i think that he should be happy enough and be confident about his game...

kerry played well ... faded a bit in the end and conceeded 2 goals.

they now qualify for the semi-final v Limerick on May 12.

best of luck...

Was anyone at the Kerry - Laois challenge game at the weekend?
    Anything to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Just bumping this for the Tipp game as otherwise we'll have a million threads clogging the place up tomorrow.

Kerry by 4 for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just bumping this for the Tipp game as otherwise we'll have a million threads clogging the place up tomorrow.

Kerry by 4 for me anyway

You're some gent :)

Kerry by 6 for me, Tipp have come along way tbf but I think the blooding in of young fellas over the course of the league has only served to further strengthen the squad and we'll have that bit too much....I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Twas a bit more than the four :p

They looked very comfortable yesterday. Donaghy reigned supreme around the square.

Tipp's first goal though (Acheson I think?), right out of the top drawer. I'll be surprised to see a better one scored this championship.

Walsh's point was the score of the day for me, pure confidence from 30 yards out on the wing.

Going to be the up and coming star of the summer.

Pure class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Walsh's point was the score of the day for me, pure confidence from 30 yards out on the wing.

Going to be the up and coming star of the summer.

Pure class.
    Walsh? As in Donnacha Walsh.

Or do you mean Keane... as in Barry John Keane?

I know Donnacha got a good score but BJ Keane's stood out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kerry were impressive on Sunday. That's not a bad Tipperary team but Kerry brushed them aside very easily in the end. Favourites again on the basis of that.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Walsh? As in Donnacha Walsh.

Or do you mean Keane... as in Barry John Keane?

I know Donnacha got a good score but BJ Walsh's stood out for me.

Lol

BJW wasn't on the panel.

BJK kicked that point.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Lol

BJW wasn't on the panel.

BJK kicked that point.

As a matter of interest why's BJW not on the panel, injury??

Barry John Keane did very, very well when he came on though have to say - gave a good ball into Star for Sheahans second goal, scored a good point after a well timed run off Star and his one from the right wing with his right foot was sublime - I know he had time but it's a difficult skill to pop one over from a tight angle like that

I had it in my head it was Tommy Walsh's younger brother. What ever happened to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Played poorly in the U21s vs Tipp. Was made a bit of a scapegoat that night IMO. Told go take a rest after that. Saw him supping pints on the Good Friday of the Munster match. Brought back onto extended panel now to make up numbers for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Think barry john walsh needed a break from the game anyways... he had lost his form, and to think of it how long is he playing senior for Rahillys! He's only 20 lik... College exams are stressful enough without having to travel to killarney to train during the week... Can see this lad making a huge impact on the panel in the coming months if he regains the form he had as a minor... Huge potential!..

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Think barry john walsh needed a break from the game anyways... he had lost his form, and to think of it how long is he playing senior for Rahillys! He's only 20 lik... College exams are stressful enough without having to travel to killarney to train during the week... Can see this lad making a huge impact on the panel in the coming months if he regains the form he had as a minor... Huge potential!..

Only since he was ~18.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

For any season ticket holders out there, you won't be able to buy any additional Guest tickets for the Kerry V Cork match in Killarney. Got an email from Croker today. They don't have an allocation for additional tickets.

• Advertisement

Have to say - played a challenge match in the park last night for my club and the pitch is in superb condition - absolutely immaculate for playing football on, hopefully now we'll get some fine weather and it'll be a cracking game, can't wait now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement