Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

keane2097 wrote:
    Really you look at that team and it's hard to avoid the feeling that the intention is to not get tattooed.

I think that is true to some extent, but he wants to be in the game as long as possible and try to sneak a goal and win the game.

However 14 of this team blitzed Tyrone early last weekend. Maybe they have a fast start in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I think that is true to some extent, but he wants to be in the game as long as possible and try to sneak a goal and win the game.

However 14 of this team blitzed Tyrone early last weekend. Maybe they have a fast start in them?

This is going to sound like I'm being overly negative but I honestly don't think Tyrone had the slightest bit of interest last week so wouldn't read much into that game. Fair enough guys took advantage of the fact and put in a fairly good display.

I imagine Murphy will be centre forward and wouldn't be at all surprised if JB starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Happy enough with this considering our injuries.

4 hard working forwards is the way to go against the Dubs.

Loving our number 26. Mind games central.

It should be a tight enough game. Hoepfully finishing with Savage, Barry, Spillane and Darren will keep us strong through 70/75 mins.

Pity the Dubs will be calling on Brogan, Connolly, McManamon, O'Sullivan and McAuley!

If this is the best "mind games" they can come up with Kerry wouldn't want to be relying on them. Dublin seem to be able to suck him into a running conflict and he has been ineffective against them in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Powerhouse wrote: »
    If this is the best "mind games" they can come up with Kerry wouldn't want to be relying on them. Dublin seem to be able to suck him into a running conflict and he has been ineffective against them in recent years.

It's not mind games. He is finished the basketball and is back in the squad. Nothing more.

Not sure how much he will feature this year but I'm happy to see him back as he is a big presence in the dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Croke park looked pristine yesterday on the telly it is a beautiful playing surface and and I am l looking forward to see how the Kerry boys perform today , it's a pitty he doesn't have more of the under 21s at his disposal today I would through them in and have a go .The good news is we are on the way up the dubs are on the way down so hopefully today is the day of the changing of the guard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kerryjack wrote: »
    The good news is we are on the way up the dubs are on the way down so hopefully today is the day of the changing of the guard.

That gave me a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Could get a serious hiding today. Hope we don't but have to be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Why?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

acequion wrote: »
    Why?

Kerry on the way up? On the way up to Dublin possibly but about the same as they've been really.

Dublin on the way Down? Unbeaten in how long?

Hard not to see the comical nature of that comment.

• Advertisement

Kerry on the way up? On the way up to Dublin possibly but about the same as they've been really.

Dublin on the way Down? Unbeaten in how long?

Hard not to see the comical nature of that comment.

Oh don't be ridiculous,you'd swear you were talking about yourselves in Cork!

Nothing lasts forever. Kerry dominance didn't. Tyrone dominance didn't. And Dublin dominance won't either. And that isn't taking away from how brilliant this Dublin team is.

This history of Kerry football, plus our recent underage success suggests strongly that Kerry football is on the way back to the top. Perhaps not today. Perhaps not this year or next. But Kerry will be back.And will dominate again for a while before that day will also end as another brilliant team somewhere emerges.

And your silly remark about such a fact being comical is either total ignorance or jealousy.

acequion wrote: »
    Oh don't be ridiculous,you'd swear you were talking about yourselves in Cork!

Nothing lasts forever. Kerry dominance didn't. Tyrone dominance didn't. And Dublin dominance won't either. And that isn't taking away from how brilliant this Dublin team is.

This history of Kerry football, plus our recent underage success suggests strongly that Kerry football is on the way back to the top. Perhaps not today. Perhaps not this year or next. But Kerry will be back.And will dominate again for a while before that day will also end as another brilliant team somewhere emerges.

And your silly remark about such a fact being comical is either total ignorance or jealousy.

Who rattled your cage :pac:

Why are you bringing Cork into it? Underage success counts for little as we have often seen it not transferred to senior level in many counties in both codes. Better to have it, yes but as you mentioned Cork, our record at u21 v Kerry in the last 4 or 5 years was seriously impressive and yet our senior team is all over the place currently.

Yes, I'm sure in years to come Kerry will be back at the top. But the comment I quoted was about the here and now. To think Kerry are on the way up as Dublin are on the way down is either total ignorance or maybe.... jealousy, as you yourself have said.

Enjoy the match

Who rattled your cage :pac:

Why are you bringing Cork into it? Underage success counts for little as we have often seen it not transferred to senior level in many counties in both codes. Better to have it, yes but as you mentioned Cork, our record at u21 v Kerry in the last 4 or 5 years was seriously impressive and yet our senior team is all over the place currently.

Yes, I'm sure in years to come Kerry will be back at the top. But the comment I quoted was about the here and now. To think Kerry are on the way up as Dublin are on the way down is either total ignorance or maybe.... jealousy, as you yourself have said.

Enjoy the match

Actually you rattled my cage! :pac:

Just because you disagree with something doesn't make it comical. Many people feel that the current Dublin squad have peaked,three draws in the League! Are they on the way down? A fair few of their top players are moving on. So time will tell.

Kerry on the way up? Transition in Kerry with a young team generally means on the way up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Well lads good luck to both Teams :-) Any late forecasts for who the winner will be at this late time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

After a sluggish start, we're slowly getting back into the game - certainly the handling errors dried up as the half progressed. Interesting contrast in styles - Dublin making hay with long, targeted balls towards the forwards, while Kerry faring best with short, direct running. Achilles heel again is the concession of soft frees, remains a mystery why we're tackling from behind, instead of in front of, the Dublin forwards. Still, game's there for the winning, if the subs bench is used well.

Achilles heel again is the concession of soft frees,

/QUOTE]

Ref more than making up for it now. Kerry's to lose at this stage.

Fair play to all involved. Happy with the win, hard work for the summer starts now.

Young lads done great today

Dublin were more concerned with punching today instead of playing football, the score flattered Dublin. Ye know how to upset them.

Still surprised to see Dublin bottle so many chances at the end.

Dublin were more concerned with punching today instead of playing football, the score flattered Dublin. Ye know how to upset them.

Still surprised to see Dublin bottle so many chances at the end.

The score never flatters anyone. It's the only way a game is judge ultimately. It is always the truth. I didn't see too much punching to be honest. McCarthy and Walsh - there was a pair of them at it. Philly MacMahon on Geaney was not a punch, just a slightly unnecessary tackle. Kerry 'bottled' (to use your word') far more chances in the second half and should have been out of sight. On balance I think the defeat will stand to Dublin as it highlights their tendency to fade out of games which they have gotten away with for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

Great performance from David Moran and the potential for a great partnership with Jack Barry in the middle. The two of them schooled Fenton all day and were driving everything that went through the middle.

I'm sure no one will be getting carried away with this, but purely from the point of view of rebuilding, it was a good showing from the youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

;)

At last I can go down in the morning and buy a paper

mystic86 wrote: »
    ;)

Very mystic of you :pac:

Most enjoyable game. Kerry ran at them in the second half and some of the dubs defending was comical. They simply fouled time and time again. When Dublin got the goal with 10 to go Kerry did well to recover. Nice to see Sheehan score the all important point at the end, lovely footballer.
    Dublin really need to look at the way they play longer balls into their ff line, some of the passing was brutal, leaving brogan in particular, living off scraps.

Lots to decipher from the final.
    Philly McMahon had a very interesting day. Scoring, punching, blocking and missing a crucial one near the end.
    Deserved black for Connolly, dubs really missed his incisive running and scoring ability.
    Still not sure why the ref have Kerry a free near the end after a Kerry shot went wide, thought philly challenged fairly.
    Some poor wides by both sides but some great points also.
    Cluxton getting booked for apparently talking to the ref at HT, might have unsettled him a bit as some of his kickouts in the second half were quite poor.
    Crowley saw an awful amount of ball at both ends, I wonder could he have made a better attempt to stop the goal?
    53000 certainly got their money's worth.
    You could clearly see how much the win meant to Kerry, think they wanted it more.
    Although with the 'monkey' of the unbeaten stat now gone I wonder will this loss simply focus Dublin more on Sam this year.
    Looking forward to watching again tonight at 9.30, don't normally say that about a lge final.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ye know how to upset them.

And they know how to upset Ye even more!!

Good game today men. Well done. Great scoring won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

What a feeling to walk up the Clonliffe road with the head up and the chest out. Credit to Dublin for a setting the bar so high these last number of years. A few players came of age today. McCarthy, Morley and Savage are three certain championship starters. Murphy played sweeper very well but his kick passing again let him down. Kealy has improved his kick outs by 100%. Moran deserved MOTM and was immense. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Brolly is such a ****head

quad_red wrote: »
    Brolly is such a ****head

An absolute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Delighted is not the word. Was not expecting that. Moran is playing like a man possessed and Mikey Geaney was a key man again today. All the younger players did very well and we seemed to want it more than Dublin, who had a bad day out overall, despite kicking some class scores in the first half.

It's only April of course, but if we carry that application and determination into the championship we'll be fine. It's amazing what a week can do for a team. Add the injured players and U21's back in and we are in good shape to have a run in 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Way to put a downer on the day Brolly.

Absolute **** of the highest order.

Tomas is getting sick of his rubbish now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement