Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's the stuff that's in Jack3d?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

^^^^^^

Yes Jack3d has been banned by WADA for a few years now

Good thing I was never tested :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

^^^^^^^

Would never get caught ;)

Given the fact that this is only coming to light now along with the 5 missed tests from teams last year since the introduction of blood testing looks as though GAA taking the tennis approach of secret bans disguised as "injuries" in order to manage these any embarassment or bad press on doping.

Save it for the "evil" sports like cycling and athletics.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

^^^^^^^

Would never get caught ;)

Given the fact that this is only coming to light now along with the 5 missed tests from teams last year since the introduction of blood testing looks as though GAA taking the tennis approach of secret bans disguised as "injuries" in order to manage these any embarassment or bad press on doping.

Save it for the "evil" sports like cycling and athletics.

Yes.
    There are a lot of misunderstandings that Sports Ireland are happy to accept but the GAA can't keep letting cases like this be explained away. They've got to make sure stuff like this isn't happening, full stop.
    Players have got a huge amount of information on the subject by all accounts. They have top nutritionists and medical personnel advising them on strength and conditioning. O'Sullivan and Kerry football have to be embarrassed about this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    Good thing I was never tested :eek: :pac:
    They don't test you on nights out Keano :pac:

D'Agger wrote: »
    They don't test you on nights out Keano :pac:

Plenty dopes around howl at the moon once upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

keane2097 wrote: »
    Plenty dopes around howl at the moon once upon a time.
    Lad who plays the bongos is a narc for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

will also try and get this to be played insted of the national anthem :pac:

That song is about a friend of Richard Ashcroft who failed to respond to cancer treatment.

That song is about a friend of Richard Ashcroft who failed to respond to cancer treatment.

I don't think that's accurate. I've heard Ashcroft say it was about his addictions. The original lyrics are 'the drugs don't work, they just make me worse' but they had to be changed for radio play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Juniors & Seniors next Sunday in Ennis so.

Adrian Spillane featured for Templenoe this weekend so looks like he's been omitted from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Munster final only a few weeks away, looking at booking train tickets down to it while the fares are still cheap enough, can anyone tell me where the final will be on this year?

If it's against Cork will it be in Cork? And what about if it's against Tipperary?

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mystic86 wrote: »
    Munster final only a few weeks away, looking at booking train tickets down to it while the fares are still cheap enough, can anyone tell me where the final will be on this year?

If it's against Cork will it be in Cork? And what about if it's against Tipperary?

Thanks

If it's Cork then it's Cork, not sure about where tip final would be, possibly a home an away agreement in place?

Hopefully home advantage will swing it and cork get to the final, would be nice to have both munster finals in the new Páirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If it's Cork then it's Cork, not sure about where tip final would be, possibly a home an away agreement in place?

Hopefully home advantage will swing it and cork get to the final, would be nice to have both munster finals in the new Páirc.

Are both Munster finals to be played there anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Are both Munster finals to be played there anyway?

Only if Cork get to the finals I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

mystic86 wrote: »

Thanks

Kerry have home and away arrangement with Tipp so Thurles or Cork will be where the finals on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any idea what kind of team will line out. Will it be Friday night before the team is named?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

BPKS wrote: »
    Kerry have home and away arrangement with Tipp so Thurles or Cork will be where the finals on

Have heard some talk from over the border that things will be very tight in terms of having PuC completed, so I wouldn't be booking any train tickets jsut yet.
    Radio5 wrote: »
    Any idea what kind of team will line out. Will it be Friday night before the team is named?

Doesn't seem to be any whispers around yet - there may be some tomorrow as the team has to be submitted to Croke Park by 9 am tomorrow.

Officially team will be named Friday night on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Actually there is very little talk coming from Cork regarding the Stadium. Maybe it won't be ready?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

finbarrk wrote: »
    Actually there is very little talk coming from Cork regarding the Stadium. Maybe it won't be ready?

This is from a few weeks ago

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Redevelopment-of-Pairc-Ui-Chaoimh-is-nearing-completion-53d2b319-8fde-4ac0-9180-9dea7b043b5e-ds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

County Board confident of PUC being opened should we beat Tipp

Bob Ryan insists P?irc U? Chaoimh opening on schedule for July 2

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/bob-ryan-insists-pairc-ui-chaoimh-opening-on-schedule-for-july-2-451894.html

Radio5 wrote: »

Team will be announced Friday night at 8pm.

I'd expect something like this...

Kealy

Enright
    Griffin
    Shanahan

Murphy
    Morley
    Beaglaoich

Moran
    Barry

Donnachadh
    Johnny Buckley
    Michael Geaney

JoD
    Paul Geaney
    SoB/BJK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Same As wrote: »
    Team will be announced Friday night at 8pm.

I'd expect something like this...

Kealy

Enright
    Griffin
    Shanahan

Murphy
    Morley
    Beaglaoich

Moran
    Barry

Donnachadh
    Johnny Buckley
    Michael Geaney

JoD
    Paul Geaney
    SoB/BJK

That's probably it. One possible change is Crowley at no.5 and Murphy at half forward for Buckley.

I would prefer Mccarthy at 15 over O'Brien or BJK. He improved with every game in the league and I though he looked the real deal. You know what you are getting at this stage with the other two. Savage is also an option there.

The Kerry Junior Football Team to play Limerick in the Munster Junior Football semi Final as a curtain raiser to the Senior Final on Sunday next in Cusack Park at 1:30pm contains seven players who have previously won Junior All Ireland medals; James Walsh and Conor Cox won All Irelands in 2012 and 2015 while Jack McGuire, Brendan O’Sullivan, Philip O’Connor, Jeff O’Donoghue and Killian Spillane were also on the 2015 winning side.

Five players, Michael Foley, Daniel O’Brien, Roibeard O Se, Killian Spillane and Tomas O Se have won All Ireland Minor medals during the last three years.

The team captained by Killian Spillane is as follows:

1 Tomas Mac an tSaoir - An Ghaeltacht

2 Eamonn Kiely - Brosna

3 Jack McGuire - Listowel Emmets

4 Pa Kilkenny - Glenbeigh-Glencar

5 James Walsh - Knocknagoshel

6 Michael Foley - Ballydonoghue

7 Daniel O’Brien - Glenflesk

8 Roibeard O Se - An Ghaeltacht

9 Brendan O’Sullivan - Valentia Young Islanders

10 Philip O’Connor - Cordal

11 Jeff O’Donoghue - Glenflesk

12 Eanna O Conchuir - An Ghaeltacht

13 Killian Spillane (C) - Templenoe

14 Conor Cox - Listowel Emmets

15 Tomas O Se - An Ghaeltacht

Fir Ionaid:

16 Kieran Fitzgibbon - Kenmare Shamrocks

17 Liam Carey - Beaufort

18 Ivan Parker - Churchill

19 Evan Cronin - Spa

20 Dara O Se - An Ghaeltacht

21 D.J. Murphy - Gneeveguilla

22 Brandon Barrett - Ardfert

23 P.J. Mac Lamh - An Ghaeltacht

24 Shane Stack - Moyvane

Bainistiocht

Bainisteoir: Jimmy Keane (Brosna)

Roghnoiri: Niall O’Mahony (Spa), Pol O Cuinn (An Ghaeltacht), John O’Connell (Tarbert)

The Kerry Senior Football Team to play Clare in the Munster Senior Football Championship Semi Final in Cusack Park Ennis on Sunday next sees Kevin McCarthy of Kilcummin make his Championship debut on a team that shows 5 changes in personnel from the side that defeated Dublin in the League final in their last outing;

Brian Kelly takes over from Brendan Kealy in goal; Shane Enright, who has recovered from injury comes in at corner back in place of Ronan Shanahan; Anthony Maher resumes in midfield in place of Jack Barry and up front, Barry John Keane and James O’Donoghue start in place of Jonathan Lyne and Jack Savage. Johnny Buckley returns to the match day panel and is included among the substitutes.

The team captained by Fionn Fitzgerald is as follows:

Ciarrai

1. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
    2. Fionn Fitzgerald(C) Dr Crokes
    3. Mark Griffin St Michaels-Foilmore
    4. Shane Enright Tarbert
    5. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
    6. Tadhg Morley Templenoe
    7. Paul Murphy Rathmore
    8. David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys
    9. Anthony Maher Duagh
    10. Michael Geaney Dingle
    11. Kevin McCarthy Kilcummin
    12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
    13. Barry John Keane Kerins O’Rahillys
    14. Paul Geaney Dingle
    15. James O’Donoghue Killarney Legion

Fir Ionaid:

16. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
    17. Jack Barry Na Gaeil
    18. Ronan Shanahan Austin Stacks
    19. Jack Savage Kerins O’Rahillys
    20. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
    21. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks
    22. Stephen O’Brien Kenmare
    23. Bryan Sheehan St Marys
    24. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
    25. Darran O’Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
    26. Brian O Beaglaoich An Ghaeltacht

Bainistiocht

Bainisteoir: Eamonn Fitzmaurice (Finuge)

Roghnoiri: Mikey Sheehy (Austin Stacks), Padraig Corcoran (Dingle), Liam Hassett (Laune Rangers), Maurice Fitzgerald (St Marys).

Additional Members of the Kerry Panel:

Sean O’Shea (Kenmare),

Gavin White (Dr Crokes),

Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue),

Gavin Crowley (Templenoe),

Brendan O’Sullivan (Valentia),

Adrian Spillane (Templenoe),

Cathal O Luing (An Ghaeltacht),

Denis Daly (St Marys).

Rehabbing from Injury:

Killian Young (Renard),

Tom O’Sullivan (Dingle).

Changes since Last Championship Game:

There are 5 changes in personnel from the side who played Dublin in their last Championship game – the All Ireland semi final of 2016;

Fionn Fitzgerald, Michael Geaney, Kevin McCarthy, Barry John Keane and James O’Donoghue replace the injured Killian Young, Aidan O’Mahony and Colm Cooper both since retired and both Darran O’Sullivan and Kieran Donaghy who are included among the substitutes.

That junior team is scary

• Registered Users Posts: 36 greysheep

cms88 wrote:
    Juniors trained for the first time yesterday, manager had 4 Brosna players in at training.

So only one of them made it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

keane2097 wrote:
    That junior team is scary

Our bench for the senior team is serious as well.

No qualms bringing any of those lads on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Delighted to see BJK get his start. I'm a big fan of his anyway but I always felt he got a raw deal with some selections. Hopefully a sign of things to come for him.

Also, I've seen some people complaining at the lack of Crokes players in the panel. But I can't think of anyone there that I would drop to bring in someone from Crokes tbh. Maybe someone that knows more than me could give an opinion?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement