Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

keane2097 wrote: »
    That junior team is scary

Scary good you mean? Meh, it's ok. Spillane probably the standout player there. Tomás (dancer) O'Sé was very good for Gaeltacht last week so I'd expect he could thrive. Of the rest, there's good players there but few lads like Pa Kilkenny and James Walsh that appeared at senior level but have dropped off a good bit. Be interesting to see how Brendan Sullivan goes given recent events.

Senior team, underwhelming a bit. The rotating goalies thing..it's a farce at this stage. Shane Ryan is probably better than either of them, did he even get a go?
    Fionn Fitz corner back, whats the point? Not up to it and not going to improve at this stage. Half forward line will be in trouble if Clare are sharp and have pace.

Full forward line is potentially explosive and would love to see this trio given a good spin together. Based on history though, if BJK scores less than 6 from play he'll be dropped no matter what happens.

Clare will be up for it and have a good midfield and a couple of good forwards in Eoin Cleary and Keelan Sexton but Kerry should be comfortable winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

dobman88 wrote: »
    Delighted to see BJK get his start. I'm a big fan of his anyway but I always felt he got a raw deal with some selections. Hopefully a sign of things to come for him.

Also, I've seen some people complaining at the lack of Crokes players in the panel. But I can't think of anyone there that I would drop to bring in someone from Crokes tbh. Maybe someone that knows more than me could give an opinion?

To be fair Daithi Casey is a far better player than Mikey Geaney or Kevin McCarthy IMO. I think that's a bone of contention with some people and I can empathise a bit with that. I thought he would get a look after Crokes run to the club title.

There's little to complain about apart from that though. Johnny Buckley will start or be in contention at least when fully fit. After that, Shane Murphy might be worth a look given the goalie situation. Gavin White is on extended panel and still only 20/21. Nobody else that is close to contention really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

My understanding is that Shane Murphy was told he would not be involved this year. They have preference for Shane Ryan who I believe has been in training a few times since the league ended but then is not listed in the extended panel.

Agree very much so re: Daithi, I would love to see him in there, but we don't seem to want scoring half forwards, moreso work horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Daithi Casey also going very well in the soccer for Killarney Athletic. Banged in a few important goals recently. Could that influence Fitzs decision to not bring him in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Jack Barry starting for David Moran, who is injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Good second half performance by Kerry today. Never felt like we were going to lose even when Clare hit the bar early in the second half.

Were well beaten at midfield in the first half. Took over in the second.

I thought Mikey Geaney had a good game. Got on a lot of ball and distributed well. James O'Donoghue had an excellent second half. The lad marking him was hanging off him all day.

Brian Kelly is very dodgy under the high ball. Your heart would be in your mouth every time as you don't know what he might do.

Ref was hopeless. For both teams I might ad.

One very sour point in the game was when Jack Savage's boot came off. The thug that was marking him threw it to the side line. Jack went over after it and then the maor uisce threw it further again. No need for that carry on.

Anyway good tough game to come through.

Looking forward to the Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i imagine eamon fitz will be happy with today's work out ,

down to 14 men , presented with a battle , every question asked of them was answered , already kerry are in a better place then this time last year , we probably showed all our division 2 frailties in the 2nd half but at least it was a battle for most of the game and which both teams should benefit from and not another 10 point+ walkover

james o'donoghue looks to be better then ever at the moment , had a great game , plus stephan o'brien should have enough done to get a starting place the next day , scored a fine goal too

jury is still out regards michael geaney had a descent game today but its latter stages of the championship you would worry about him

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

That's a pity but rumours have been there for weeks that PUC wouldn't be ready on time

LolCork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Lots of smiling publicans around Killarney today.

I'd love to know what sort of sceal the Cork county Board would have been spinning if Tipp had won in the football and hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Not a hotel room to be got in Killarney that Saturday night. That cycle thing is on seemingly.

finbarrk wrote: »
    Not a hotel room to be got in Killarney that Saturday night. That cycle thing is on seemingly.

They clash every year. Awful pity the cycle wouldn't move a week earlier or later

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Cyclists are assholes remember

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Excellent result by the Kerry ladies - two late goals give them a late win over Cork, and see them through to a Munster final with Waterford. Also, the first time since 2010 that there will be new All-Ireland champions in that competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Excellent result by the Kerry ladies - two late goals give them a late win over Cork, and see them through to a Munster final with Waterford. Also, the first time since 2010 that there will be new All-Ireland champions in that competition!

Brilliant news.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Great result by Kerry -- but Cork are still in the All Ireland series - they just won't be Munster Champions this year. Will make an exciting Munster final.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Draw for round 3 of the county championship

St Brendans v East Kerry

Killarney Legion v West Kerry

Feale Rangers v Kenmare Shamrocks

Dingle v South Kerry

Games will be played on the weekend of July 9th at neutral venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who would be fancied to come through those?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Draw for round 3 of the county championship

St Brendans v East Kerry

Killarney Legion v West Kerry

Feale Rangers v Kenmare Shamrocks

Dingle v South Kerry

Games will be played on the weekend of July 9th at neutral venues.

East Kerry and Legion will surely be favourites in the first two games, based on recent form and likely teams.
    In the other two I would imagine that it's not that far off 50/50 whoever turns up on the day. One of big hitters will be gone out of Dingle or South Kerry so I could see that being fiercely contested. Dingle have been underwhelming so far this year with the talent available to them and you can't write off South Kerry either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Pays to listen to Radio Kerry on a Saturday - got Munster final stand tickets online at 11, and after checking the same site now, seems they're already sold out!

Pays to listen to Radio Kerry on a Saturday - got Munster final stand tickets online at 11, and after checking the same site now, seems they're already sold out!

Handy. Can't wait to see where the season ticket holders are plonked this year. Seats in Fitzgerald stadium have been garbage the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Chanced my arm by asking for two terrace tickets with my two season tickets. No good said she couldn't do it. Might as well have been sitting outside a pub looking in the window watching the game with the quality of tickets the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

stuba wrote:
    Chanced my arm by asking for two terrace tickets with my two season tickets. No good said she couldn't do it. Might as well have been sitting outside a pub looking in the window watching the game with the quality of tickets the last couple of years.

No problem strolling across to the terrace last year. Was down in the corner in the first row of seats. Couldnt see a thing because of the wire.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    No problem strolling across to the terrace last year. Was down in the corner in the first row of seats. Couldnt see a thing because of the wire.

Ya that's what I'm hoping anyway, although the crowd that will be there this time around would be much larger you'd think and they'll probably limit movement. I'll be in early anyway chancing my arm like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Neutral here....whats best terrace ticket to buy for Munster final in Fitzgerald stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Triboro wrote: »
    Neutral here....whats best terrace ticket to buy for Munster final in Fitzgerald stadium.

Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Hasn't made a difference in recent years as you can go wherever you want once on the terrace. Even when buying tickets for apparent zones Cork people will buy tickets in Kerry and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Hasn't made a difference in recent years as you can go wherever you want once on the terrace. Even when buying tickets for apparent zones Cork people will buy tickets in Kerry and vice versa.

Ah ok, thought the different colour terraces were sectioned off,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ah ok, thought the different colour terraces were sectioned off,thanks.

They tried that a few years ago but gave up I'd say. Haven't been stopped walking across the terrace in years.

Will be there early for the minor match so I plan to have a good central position :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement