Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

They tried that a few years ago but gave up I'd say. Haven't been stopped walking across the terrace in years.

Will be there early for the minor match so I plan to have a good central position :)

So would half time of the minor or about 1 o clock do to get a daycent spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Triboro wrote: »
    So would half time of the minor or about 1 o clock do to get a daycent spot?

Shud be ok, to be on safe side be in towards end of first half of minor. Some good players in minor match worth seeing anyway, what else would you be at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Shud be ok, to be on safe side be in towards end of first half of minor. Some good players in minor match worth seeing anyway, what else would you be at!!

Scotts?

Same As wrote: »
    Scotts?

Pffft

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Same As wrote:
    Scotts?

Drinking is for after the games. Need a clear head to watch the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Better off do your drinking in Tralee anyway, Killarney is a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

keane2097 wrote: »

How do you drive to the game then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

keane2097 wrote: »

haha! good one :cool::rolleyes:

How do you drive to the game then?

In zig zags.

I'm from Tralee and even I know that's a joke :)

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Drinking is for after the games. Need a clear head to watch the football.

Assumed OP was a Cork man, mea culpa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They tried that a few years ago but gave up I'd say. Haven't been stopped walking across the terrace in years.

Will be there early for the minor match so I plan to have a good central position :)

I wouldnt bank on that. They have had to improve health and safety standards on the Terrace at Fitzgerald Stadium with additional exits built on the boundary wall with Finians. They also need to control numbers in the various areas of the terrace to allow for safe exiting.

They have barriers now they can put across across the walkways at top and bottom between the various zones. While they position stewards on the steps between the zones you can still slip across the steps from one zone to another.

There is a heightened safety awareness now in terms of everything going on in the UK and Continent and I'd expect things to be a bit more stringent on Munster Final day.

Anyone know what they mean by seat '22 25'? Maybe just a count of the number of tickets sold in that section or something? :confused:

wZcjkTY.jpg

mystic86 wrote: »
    Anyone know what they mean by seat '22 25'? Maybe just a count of the number of tickets sold in that section or something? :confused:

wZcjkTY.jpg

Just to keep track of how many sold. There's no seats or designated spot to stand

Just to keep track of how many sold. There's no seats or designated spot to stand

Imagine the chaos!

€35 for the stand tickets. Has it been that high the last few years. I was expecting €30. Still it'll be worth it if we win.

well that is what I thought, just thought that they would keep the count of tickets sold for internal use and not mark it down as a 'seat number' for the terrace tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Imagine the chaos!

€35 for the stand tickets. Has it been that high the last few years. I was expecting €30. Still it'll be worth it if we win.

I keep match tickets. In 2007, a stand ticket for the Munster Final in Killarney between Kerry and Cork cost.................................€35:D

Fair play to the GAA in terms of ticket prices, really are fantastic value in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

No problem strolling across to the terrace last year. Was down in the corner in the first row of seats. Couldnt see a thing because of the wire.

I wish I could say Id the same luck. We were in before the minor game and told we couldnt go to the terrace even though we had done it already that year. Madness and very disappointing.

Kerry were 2 points down in the Juniors going unto injury time.

Went a point up with 3 points.

Then conceded a point after a silly black card tackle left them a man short.

Extra time on now. Streamed on Kerry Gaa Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Eight points down at one stage in the second half,now winning 4-24 to 2-20

Fair scoring by both teams

Nice win in the end.

4-24 to 3-20.

Third Cork goal came after some ****ing around the back and Mac an tSaoir got caught in posession and the ball tapped into the empty net.

Brendan O'Sullivan and Phillip O'Connor were very good in extra time.

• Advertisement

How Rob O Se didn't start for the under 21s is beyond me. Next Senior Midfielder without a doubt, most impressive player on display tonight. Liam Carey did very well when introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Same As wrote: »
    How Rob O Se didn't start for the under 21s is beyond me. Next Senior Midfielder without a doubt, most impressive player on display tonight. Liam Carey did very well when introduced.

Rob made a difference when he came on against Galway. There was a serious amount of hiding around the middle during that game but he was game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Midfield was nuts last night....CBs didn't hold and so Cork and Kerry took turns absolutely pissing through the middle. O'Toole from Eire Og finished with 2-1 and he was in and out of the match, I actually think he could have done more damage.

Kerry were away at the fairies for kickouts first half, pushed up in the 2nd and kept Cork penned in

7-44 scored, well worth €10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Jack Savage out with appendix op.

Lads long shot but does anyone have a stand ticket for Sunday going spare. I have my season ticket but the fiance is down and I can't leave her in the terrace.

Thanks

Lads long shot but does anyone have a stand ticket for Sunday going spare. I have my season ticket but the fiance is down and I can't leave her in the terrace.

Thanks

Ha Donaghy named to start.

Full team here:
    1. Brian Kelly
    Killarney Legion
    2. Fionn Fitzgerald(C)
    Dr Crokes
    3. Mark Griffin
    St Michaels-Foilmore
    4. Shane Enright
    Tarbert
    5. Peter Crowley
    Laune Rangers
    6. Tadhg Morley
    Templenoe
    7. Paul Murphy
    Rathmore
    8. David Moran
    Kerins O’Rahillys
    9. Anthony Maher
    Duagh
    10. Michael Geaney
    Dingle
    11. Kevin McCarthy
    Kilcummin
    12. Donnchadh Walsh
    Cromane
    13. Paul Geaney
    Dingle
    14. Kieran Donaghy
    Austin Stacks
    15. James O’Donoghue
    Killarney Legion

Fir Ionaid:

16. Brendan Kealy
    Kilcummin
    17. Jack Barry
    Na Gaeil
    18. Barry John Keane
    Kerins O’Rahillys
    19. Stephen O’Brien
    Kenmare
    20. Jonathan Lyne
    Killarney Legion
    21. Johnny Buckley
    Dr Crokes
    22. Killian Young
    Renard
    23. Darran O’Sullivan
    Glenbeigh-Glencar
    24. Ronan Shanahan
    Austin Stacks
    25. Sean O’Shea
    Kenmare
    26. Tom O’Sullivan
    Dingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

As a outsider would be interested to know what is thought of donaghy starting. Is it a dummy move? Would have thought his only role is as an impact sub these days. Seems to be an absolute ****load of wing forwards on the bench but lacking cover 13-15?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Dots1982 wrote: »
    As a outsider would be interested to know what is thought of donaghy starting. Is it a dummy move? Would have thought his only role is as an impact sub these days. Seems to be an absolute ****load of wing forwards on the bench but lacking cover 13-15?

He was one of the two names I heard were burning it up in training the last while, so I'd really doubt it's a dummy team. The other name I heard was Sean O'Shea and the person I was talking to said he'd be in the panel ahead of Sheehan which was correct as well.

Personally I'd like a bit more attack-minded players in the half-forward line, the three selected aren't really attacking enough to my min as a unit and I think Cork are likely to be weak enough there.

Very few expected Fionn Fitz to keep his place after the last day - the talk was that Killian would be back and it would be between him and Shanahan.

Both Stephen O'Brien and BJK are better in the full-forward line to my mind so definitely not concerned about a lack of cover there.

• Advertisement

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Very few expected Fionn Fitz to keep his place after the last day - the talk was that Killian would be back and it would be between him and Shanahan.

I heard Killian has a hip injury.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement