Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Yep opposite the stand, enter from the upper Lewis road side of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Im in a dilema, Im from Limerick but both my parents are from Kerry, I spent alot of time in Kerry growing up and spent college time in kerry, always supported the kerry footballers since I was a tot.... But who will I support on July 4th?!!! :eek:

Anyway my question for now is, can someone please tell me where in the terrace in Fitzgerald Stadium is the blue section??
    Its divided into BLUE, RED and YELLOW

I think you should support Limerick. You are a Limerick Lass after all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

big weekend ahead, 3 titles on the line and i hope to be in croke park on saturady for the hurlers, all the family are coming up....

will be my first time watching Kerry in croke park in hurling. should be a big crowd coming up from the hurling region.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

anyone got any thoughts on next sat's game?

will be a difficult one, but i see us to come home by 5 or 6. we will get a couple of goals in this one and hopefully win enough ball around the middle to get the likes of declan, gooch and star in the mix. i expect -

BK
    MOS_TG_TOS
    AOM_MMc_KY
    MQ_ SS
    BJK_Dec_DW
    CC_KD_BS

darran could well start at 10 also with barry john to come on. we dont have a huge amount of options then with the 2 lads suspended. Bohane and Reidy i suppose, Moran also will get a spell on the pitch and kieran O leary. surprises Buckley has not got a run this year, maybe the Tipp U-21 match has knocked him back a bit.

also, does anybody know whats happened to paul o connor, where is he disappeared to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

I think Quirke is injured,saw it on hoganstand iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

This could be a tight enough one.. Haven't seen much of Down and don't really know how good they are. Kerry most vulnerable at the QF stage so it'll be good to get over this one...

I think that Down were the best pick for Kerry of the 4 in the draw so the path is open for them... unless of course Down really have a curse on us :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

Think O'Connor is in the states at the moment. I think Down will fancy their chances against us but I think we'll take a high scoring game by a few points. Hopefully our midfield will impress, because they have struggled so far this year imo.

reidy definately out.
    bohane has hip problem.
    quirke has calf problem.

i think the midfield will be interesting.
    i expect maher will get the nod due to mobility, but this will be a big test.

jaysus, we are down to the bare bones so if thats the case. im more worried about this game than any other this year, mostly due to the 2 suspensions. if we get over down, i think we will win it this year again.

i also think quirke will play some part anyway.

• Advertisement

expecting a tough, physical encounter.
    down are a good side.
    but can they hold cooper?
    on the assumption he actually gets some ball from the midfield...

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Jack really needs to start new blood in defence and he is keeping players in on reputation than performance. With Tomás out he had give a new guy a go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

thesultan wrote: »
    Jack really needs to start new blood in defence and he is keeping players in on reputation than performance. With Tomás out he had give a new guy a go

Like who?

In relations to old or new players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

Reckon Kerry should prevail in a tight match be around two points, but we are capable of beating kerry if any complacency sets in. I doubt that will happen however. Remember our Ulster QF replay against Tyrone in Newry 2008 if any reminders are needed.

Our half back line is very poor, whereas our forwards can all get points from play. In truth for the last 20 minutes of the Sligo match we ran through them, not the greatest preparation for taking on the Kerry defence.

In relations to old or new players?

Well both I guess.

Who is being kept on reputation and who are the new players that should be replacing them?

nordydan wrote: »
    Reckon Kerry should prevail in a tight match be around two points, but we are capable of beating kerry if any complacency sets in. I doubt that will happen however. Remember our Ulster QF replay against Tyrone in Newry 2008 if any reminders are needed.

Our half back line is very poor, whereas our forwards can all get points from play. In truth for the last 20 minutes of the Sligo match we ran through them, not the greatest preparation for taking on the Kerry defence.

Our major problem will be winning ball around midfield, which means both half-back and half-forward lines will be vital.

What's your half forward line like? I'll admit to not knowing much about them?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Well both I guess.

Who is being kept on reputation and who are the new players that should be replacing them?
    I don't think that Tom O'Sullivan is playing well at all. Got two awful roastings against Cork and Limerick. Riedy should come in. Cordigan too and in fairness Walsh has to start wing forward and I would put Keane corner and Sheehan on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

keane2097 wrote: »
    Our major problem will be winning ball around midfield, which means both half-back and half-forward lines will be vital.

What's your half forward line like? I'll admit to not knowing much about them?

Our midfield did very well against Sligo, again no benchmark but are generally solid. I think Ambrose Rodgers' da (of the same name) may have appeared as a sub in the '91 SF.
    Marty Clarke did play well, after some indifferent performance. Benny is well known for his abilities, but can disappear from matches. Murtagh came off the bench to score 1-5 on Saturday.

Half forwards; McComiskey is a very good dynamic player, graduating from the U21 team that reached the AI final last year. Danny Hughes is hit and miss, Poland started against Sligo, not a consistent player.

I don't think that Tom O'Sullivan is playing well at all. Got two awful roastings against Cork and Limerick. Riedy should come in. Cordigan too and in fairness Walsh has to start wing forward and I would put Keane corner and Sheehan on the wing

write Tom Sullivan off at your pearl. and for what its worth he was pretty damn good against cork in both games, Goulding was taken off in one game and did little in the replay.

yes he was poor in the final v limerick, but that happens to Tom and he normally doesnt come alive until August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Really looking forward to this now on Saturday. Definitely have got the best of the two matches. Minors are on at noon so it will be a long day. Must remember to pack the tae and hang sandwiches.

A few Dubs I know are going to the Aviva first for the rugby and then to Croker "for the main event" :rolleyes: What a waste!

No Surprises really, team is picked as selected. Still strong and still good enough to win Saturday. bench is a bit light without Thomas, Reidy and Galvin.
    The Kerry Senior Football Team to play Down in ALL Ireland Quarter Final Saturday 31st July has just been released and is as follows: 1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin

2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht 3. Tommy Griffin Dingle 4. Tom O' Sullivan Rathmore

5. Aidan O'Mahony Rathmore 6. Mike McCarthy Kilcummin 7. Killian Young Renard Renard
    8. Seamus Scanlon Currow 9. Micheál Quirke Kerins O'Rahillys
    10. Darran O' Sullivan Glenbeigh /Glencar 11. Declan O' Sullivan Piarsaigh Na Dromada 12. Donnacha Walsh Cromane
    13. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes 14. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks 15. Bryan Sheehan (Captain) St. Mary's

Subs: 16 David Hennessey Kerins O'Rahillys 17. Anthony Maher Duagh 18 Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahillys
    19. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys 20. Daniel Bohan Austin Stacks 21. Kieran O'Leary Dr. Crokes
    22. Adrian O'Connell St Michael's Foilmore 23. Niall O'Mahony Spa 24. Jonathan Lyne. Legion
    25. Johnny Buckley Dr. Crokes 26. Brendan Guiney Listowel Emmett's 27. David O'Callaghan St. Pat's Blennerville

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 hunkygardener

The Kerry Senior Football Team to play Down in ALL Ireland Quarter Final Saturday 31st July has just been released and is as follows: 1. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin

2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht 3. Tommy Griffin Dingle 4. Tom O' Sullivan Rathmore

5. Aidan O'Mahony Rathmore 6. Mike McCarthy Kilcummin 7. Killian Young Renard Renard
    8. Seamus Scanlon Currow 9. Micheál Quirke Kerins O'Rahillys
    10. Darran O' Sullivan Glenbeigh /Glencar 11. Declan O' Sullivan Piarsaigh Na Dromada 12. Donnacha Walsh Cromane
    13. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes 14. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks 15. Bryan Sheehan (Captain) St. Mary's

Subs: 16 David Hennessey Kerins O'Rahillys 17. Anthony Maher Duagh 18 Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahillys
    19. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys 20. Daniel Bohan Austin Stacks 21. Kieran O'Leary Dr. Crokes
    22. Adrian O'Connell St Michael's Foilmore 23. Niall O'Mahony Spa 24. Jonathan Lyne. Legion
    25. Johnny Buckley Dr. Crokes 26. Brendan Guiney Listowel Emmett's 27. David O'Callaghan St. Pat's Blennerville

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Two amazing results in the senior games today. The team of the decade beaten in one match, and in the other one Down beat Kerry. That makes it 5 - 0 to Down. It was great stuff. It was a bit like the 2004 quarter final day when Fermanagh beat Armagh and Mayo beat Tyrone. Two great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Flukey wrote: »
    Two amazing results in the senior games today. The team of the decade beaten in one match, and in the other one Down beat Kerry. That makes it 5 - 0 to Down. It was great stuff. It was a bit like the 2004 quarter final day when Fermanagh beat Armagh and Mayo beat Tyrone. Two great results.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Lu Tze, did you not hear the results? Down 1 - 16 Kerry 1 - 10 and Dublin 1 - 15 Tyrone 0 - 13. No joke. That was happened. I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. Unexpected though they may have been, those were the results. It's no laughing matter, unless of course you wanted the two underdogs to win. So from that perspective, yes you are right. I suppose it was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Lu Tze, did you not hear the results? Down 1 - 16 Kerry 1 - 10 and Dublin 1 - 15 Tyrone 0 - 13. No joke. That was happened. I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. Unexpected though they may have been, those were the results. It's no laughing matter, unless of course you wanted the two underdogs to win. So from that perspective, yes you are right. I suppose it was very funny.

Since Kerry won 5 of the 10 matches of the last decade, I'd call them the team of the decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Will Paul Galvin be back for the Semi final?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Will Paul Galvin be back for the Semi final?

Next year :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Trolling :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement