Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Amprodude wrote: »
    Mayo are not beaten yet before you go thinking of the final.

Kerry don't loose replays and if they do its very rare I can't really think of any off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

kerryjack wrote: »
    Kerry don't loose replays and if they do its very rare I can't really think of any off the top of my head

Nothing guaranteed in sport. They should have lost the 2014 encounter only for a one dimensional referee who gifted Kerry the game with some controversial decisions. Records there to be broken. This isnt a great Kerry team and are very beatable....just saying I think you will agree.

87 munster final I reckon was the last replay we lost

87 munster final I reckon was the last replay we lost

History accounts for nothing for the replay next Saturday.

History accounts for nothing for the replay next Saturday.

To be honest I wasn't very confident before todays game, kerry needed that game today I expect kerry to be better next Saturday, Mayo have missed there chance again and they know it and they have a horrible record in replays.

• Advertisement

To be honest I wasn't very confident before todays game, kerry needed that game today I expect kerry to be better next Saturday, Mayo have missed there chance again and they know it and they have a horrible record in replays.

I wouldnt be so confident if i were you. Records there to be broken. Either team will not win the All Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hard to know what to think.

Mayo outperformed us for much of the match.

Definitely need to watch it back to get a good sense of who performed well and poorly.

Hard to tell if the rain helped or hindered us.

Weird feeling.

Definitely need to watch it back to get a good sense of who performed well and poorly.

Weird feeling.

One thing is for sure, Dublin will beat either of those teams without massive improvements,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

One thing is for sure, Dublin will beat either of those teams without massive improvements,

I rather Kerry go out now than get a trimming in the final.

Don't think this Kerry team is good enough to win it out. Not enough of a spread of scores in the forwards and open when run at.

Players not wanting for effort though. David Moran and Paul Geaney are top talents, we just don't have enough of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Nothing guaranteed in sport. They should have lost the 2014 encounter only for a one dimensional referee who gifted Kerry the game with some controversial decisions. Records there to be broken. This isnt a great Kerry team and are very beatable....just saying I think you will agree.

Ridiculous talk! Ifs and buts don't make realities.We could claim that we were robbed the 2011 final by a dodgy referee who gifted frees to Dublin especially the winning one at the death.

Point being it's all hypothetical and hypothetical is not real.

You may or may not be right about this Kerry team's ability but you certainly seem to have an anti Kerry bias.

acequion wrote: »
    Ridiculous talk! Ifs and buts don't make realities.We could claim that we were robbed the 2011 final by a dodgy referee who gifted frees to Dublin especially the winning one at the death.

Point being it's all hypothetical and hypothetical is not real.

You may or may not be right about this Kerry team's ability but you certainly seem to have an anti Kerry bias.

You can say what you want but that was the realities of the 2014 encounter. You can talk away about 2011 but reality is Kerry threw away that game and we're the better team until the last 10 mins of that game. Suck it up! There is nothing between Kerry and Mayo teams in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

DDC1990 wrote: »

Weird feeling.

Got the feeling from both sets of supporters leaving that no one really knew what to think about it.
    There were poor performances all over the pitch for both sides and probably scope for improvement from both. I think Mayo were probably the marginally better team on the day, but we were also second best in some key positions. The O'Shea/Donaghy thing was ridiculous. Aidan just isn't a defender and Donaghy exploited this. The aerial battle didn't even really matter. Felt Kerry did better in midfield and put a lot of pressure on Clarke's kickouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

You can say what you want but that was the realities of the 2014 encounter. You can talk away about 2011 but reality is Kerry threw away that game and we're the better team until the last 10 mins of that game. Suck it up! There is nothing between Kerry and Mayo teams in 2017.

There is rarely much between Kerry and Mayo in recent years. But stop trying to twist realities.The reality,at the end of the day, is the scoreboard and rightly or wrongly, the winner takes all. Therefore the 2011 AI champs were Dublin and the 2014 were Kerry. That's the reality,ifs and buts are an irrelevance.

acequion wrote: »
    There is rarely much between Kerry and Mayo in recent years. But stop trying to twist realities.The reality,at the end of the day, is the scoreboard and rightly or wrongly, the winner takes all. Therefore the 2011 AI champs were Dublin and the 2014 were Kerry. That's the reality,ifs and buts are an irrelevance.

You have a poster on here saying history will influence the score the next day out and that Mayo haven't a hope. I just highlighted a few realities of recent encounters between the two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

You have a poster on here saying history will influence the score the next day out and that Mayo haven't a hope. I just highlighted a few realities of recent encounters between the two sides.

What are the realities? Mayo haven't beaten Kerry in the championship since 96. Twenty one years. That's the reality of encounters between the sides. Weather Mayo won the next day or not, that's what the current reality is.

Watching the Sunday Game. Looks like we were beaten by 10 points. Whelan and Dolan are painful. Overnight we've become a bad team who will be lucky to compete with Mayo next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jesus lads. Amprodude is a Cork man and he's on a wind up. For yer own sake will ye stop biting :pac:

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Watching the Sunday Game. Looks like we were beaten by 10 points. Whelan and Dolan are painful. Overnight we've become a bad team who will be lucky to compete with Mayo next week.

I find Whelan is usually impartial in fairness to him. Dessie seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder for some reason

Hope Clifford reaches his potential in next few years

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Jesus lads. Amprodude is a Cork man and he's on a wind up. For yer own sake will ye stop biting :pac:

Not at all. Kerry are a great team.

dobman88 wrote: »

Ah the poor fella, leave him alone. August/Sept has been a lonely, boring place for them the last few yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

Its good to be written off anyway.

I had Mayo as slight favourites in first game, but Kerry are slight favourites in replay.

Kerry needed a tough, scrappy, 80 minute dogfight and thats what they got.
    They have more room for improvement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I agree. This will really stand to Kerry in the final

The winners of the replay will lift Sam Maguire because if Mayo finally beat the Kingdom (unlikely) then it would prove enough of a pyschological boost to see them overcome either Tyrone or Dublin and I've a sneaky suspicion Tyrone may take the Dubs next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Its good to be written off anyway.

Who's written off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

jr86 wrote: »
    Who's written off?

Lads on Sunday Game very critical of Kerry

Ah the poor fella, leave him alone. August/Sept has been a lonely, boring place for them the last few yrs.

Same for your own county this September.

Same for your own county this September.

Come back in here wumming when your footballers make a 1/4 final, deal?

Maybe poach a few kildare lads, give ye a chance :)

Come back in here wumming when your footballers make a 1/4 final, deal?

Maybe poach a few kildare lads, give ye a chance :)

Nice argument you have going there. We are talking about kerrys performance in the mayo match aren't we? Everything else doesn't apply here. Your team has alot to do to win the All Ireland in 2017. Defence is poor and a team like Dublin will take full advantage of that. Mayo are not Dublin. Kerry are lucky to be in the championship based on today's performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Lost replays to Cork in 2009 and 2006. The last time Mayo won the All Ireland in 1951 they beat Kerry in a replay in the semi final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement