Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    I know that he probably wouldn't be in the starting line up on form but M. Geaney is being reported as an injury concern.

Yes just heard that on Radio Kerry.

He may not be starting as you say but if Walsh is also out then that's two regular starting half forwards missing, it really reduces Kerry's bensh options in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

TITANIUM. wrote:
    I know that he probably wouldn't be in the starting line up on form but M. Geaney is being reported as an injury concern.

He actually came off injured the last day. Groin injury after getting turned inside out for Boyles goal I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conor52

Yes just heard that on Radio Kerry.

He may not be starting as you say but if Walsh is also out then that's two regular starting half forwards missing, it really reduces Kerry's bensh options in that area.

Kevin McCarthy out too so option in the Half line very limited. Seanie Shea will surely get a run from the bench tomorrow.

An hour before the team is named. Can't wait to see what way we decide to go.

I'm expecting Fionn or Lyne in for Geaney and Murphy named at 10.

Maybe Barry in for Maher, but Barry's inpact off the bench might see him stay there. Maher gives nothing coming on IMO.

I think we'll stick with the same personnel otherwise, just move the matchups around. Griffin has to start in case O'Shea is played out the field. Maybe there is a free role for him between the dull back and half back lines.

Kerry Team named:
    The team captained by Johnny Buckley is as follows:
    Brian Kelly
    Killarney Legion
    Shane Enright
    Tarbert
    Mark Griffin
    St Michaels-Foilmore
    Killian Young
    Renard
    Peter Crowley
    Laune Rangers
    Tadhg Morley
    Templenoe
    Paul Murphy
    Rathmore
    David Moran
    Kerins O’Rahillys
    Anthony Maher
    Duagh
    Stephen O’Brien
    Kenmare Shamrocks
    Johnny Buckley(C)
    Dr Crokes
    Donnchadh Walsh
    Cromane
    Paul Geaney
    Dingle
    Kieran Donaghy
    Austin Stacks
    James O’Donoghue
    Killarney Legion

Fir Ionaid:
    Shane Ryan
    Rathmore
    Jack Barry
    Na Gaeil
    Fionn Fitzgerald
    Dr Crokes
    Barry John Keane
    Kerins O’Rahillys
    Jonathan Lyne
    Killarney Legion
    Jack Savage
    Kerins O’Rahillys
    Darran O’Sullivan
    Glenbeigh-Glencar
    Tom O’Sullivan
    Dingle
    Sean O’Shea
    Kenmare Shamrocks
    Bryan Sheehan
    St Marys
    Gavin Crowley
    Templenoe

Delighted to see Donnacha Back. Mikey Geaney and McCarthy still injured. Won't be surprised to see a change or two on matchday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I know it's not Fitzmaurice's style, but surely we have to play a sweeper tomorrow - Buckley generally moves around the pitch anyway, so he would be a good candidate?

I'd prefer to see Murphy as the sweeper and have Buckley tasked with Keegan. He smothered Chrissy McKaigue in the All Ireland club final after McKaigue took Connolly for 3 or 4 points in the Semi. A similar job on Keegan would go a long way towards winning tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see Murphy as the sweeper and have Buckley tasked with Keegan. He smothered Chrissy McKaigue in the All Ireland club final after McKaigue took Connolly for 3 or 4 points in the Semi. A similar job on Keegan would go a long way towards winning tomorrow.

Would Keegan not skin him for pace?

dobman88 wrote: »
    Would Keegan not skin him for pace?
    Yeah if Buckley played him side by side. Play off him a few yards and get his body on him and he'd be fine I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Are mayo gonna bless us with there line at all?

• Advertisement

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Are mayo gonna bless us with there line at all?

The dummy team is usually released around 10 on the Friday.

The real one will be out at 2:45pm tomorrow

Mayo team just out actually, no changes

http://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10028369/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭50HX

murphy will be asked to do exactly what he did last sunday against keegan again........i hope to god they leave him on him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Good morning everyone. It's Game Day!
    Looks like a good day for football as well. Eamonn and the lads won't let us down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Cant ask for better weather, hopefully holds up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think the lads are going to be right up for this today,time to show everyone that there is plenty of life left in this Kerry team,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I expect kerry to win today I think there is a lot of pressure on fitz this year with the talent at his disposal we are still very dependent on the older guys I have been beating this drum for a while we have to bring Clifford in as soon as his electable ang give him game time and get him up those steps in the hogan stand I get the feeling if we can win sam soon the flood gates might open for us and we could become kings again, We should win this one today because Kerry don't loose replays and Mayo don't win them so its a kerry win for me by about 5

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭john9876

"Kerry don't lose replays" ... dangerous talk ...

This is absolutely shocking from Kerry. From 1-15. It's a pure disaster. They look lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Not a great end to the season for kerry ,Mayo were far better than us no doubt about that good luck to mayo in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Better team clearly won today. Wasn't a dirty game, apart from Donaghy's punch, but 3 reds and countless yellows and black cards was a real pity, the amount of fouls was seriously high.
    Kerrys defence was awful, nothing but fouling and kerrys kickouts- including the one that went straight out for a 45 - were abysmal.
    Fitzmaurice clearly got his tactics wrong, he will have a lot to think about. I wonder if he went man for man from the beginning how much of a differnece would it have made, after all there was only about 5 in it at the end.
    There will no doubt be a few retire from the squad but ye have enough talent coming through to shake up the team again next year.

I was told I was mad 2 years ago when I said Shane Enright was shocking under a high ball. I'm not happy to see him prove me right. A disaster from start to finish. Mayo some team for the heart, they just keep coming.

Cheap shot by Donaghy punching someone in the face in injury time because he knew he had lost and he would not miss the final(cowardly), showed himself up very badly.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kieran-donaghy-receives-a-straight-red-card-for-this-incident-with-aidan-oshea-36071839.html

Cheap shot by Donaghy punching someone in the face in injury time because he knew he had lost and he would not miss the final(cowardly), showed himself up very badly.

Think you need to look at what O Shea did before that to get that reaction. It's no secret the two lads are friends off the pitch and I'm sure both players will forget about what happens in the heat of battle.

If it's shown that o Shea did nothing and Donaghy just threw a dirty dig then there's no defending him.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Think you need to look at what O Shea did before that to get that reaction. It's no secret the two lads are friends off the pitch and I'm sure both players will forget about what happens in the heat of battle.

If it's shown that o Shea did nothing and Donaghy just threw a dirty dig then there's no defending him.

I just posted the video above. Complete cheap shots by Donaghy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

To all the confident Kerry fans that said the replay would be a walk through for Kerry. I said it here last week Mayo were the better team and today proved that. This Kerry team I felt were overrated based on past success. And to hear people on here saying kerry don't lose replays, what such nonsense, what do people base that on without turning to the archives. Nothing is guaranteed in sport I said that too. It's all on the day and today Mayo were fantastic and hope they go on now and win the All Ireland they deserve to.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think Aidan was just reminding him which O'Shea he was.

Donaghy went up to him after the 2014 Replay with a "hard luck Seamus".

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Well done Mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Fair play to Fitzmaurice. Managed to replace a proven All Ireland winning coach with a PhD in Sports Science with a buddy of his who runs a pub in Dingle and convince people we were a top 4 team with a professional setup.
    Chickens came home to roost today in a big way. Terrible team selection and tactics, terrible discipline, poor substitutions etc.
    Big rebuild now needed and have to blood the young lads. Fitzmaurice took the job when we were at a very low ebb and did a decent enough job for 2 years but 2014 was his peak. Time to start a new era with a new manager in place I think.
    No absorbing some of the players there also. A lot of them need a good hard look at themselves.
    Overall a very frustrating day. Made no difference to the result at all, but that pr*ck Gough annoyed me aswell. Any ref who stops the play when a team are building a move to issue a yellow card is an attention-seeker, nothing more.

• Advertisement

Looks bad for Donaghy. He'll have to accept whatever punishment comes with that.

I would like to see a clearer image though so hope the sunday game discuss it tonight. Donaghy limps away so O Shea may have stamped on his foot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement