Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

dobman88 wrote: »
    Think you need to look at what O Shea did before that to get that reaction. It's no secret the two lads are friends off the pitch and I'm sure both players will forget about what happens in the heat of battle.

If it's shown that o Shea did nothing and Donaghy just threw a dirty dig then there's no defending him.

Not defending Donaghy, he deserved to walk, but it was also a very sneaky stamp by O'Shea on his instep.
    That aside, can anyone explain to me how Shane Enright got an All-Star.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

washman3 wrote: »
    Not defending Donaghy, he deserved to walk, but it was also a very sneaky stamp by O'Shea on his instep.
    That aside, can anyone explain to me how Shane Enright got an All-Star.?

Yeah I've watched it a pile of times now and I just can't see for certain. I'm not Donaghys biggest fan, he's from Tralee sure :pac:, but I don't think he reacts like that for no reason.

As for Enright, it must be very hard to lose your place once you're on the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

At least fionn fitz stuck tightly and at least threw himself about a bit

It was beyond belief how bad Enright was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

I just posted the video above. Complete cheap shots by Donaghy.

Why don't ye go on off now and enjoy yer victory, a pretty excellent one, especially after 21 years, and not be coming on here all holier than thou to us now that we're the ones who're down!

Ye were often sore enough losers yerselves down the years.

And remember, in real terms, ye've won feck all yet! We won quite a few semi finals ourselves only to lose the big one.

So forget about us now and leave us alone,ye've bigger fish to fry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

No major surprise in that result. Time to start blooding players from the successful minor teams and look to the future.

Well done Mayo.

On Donaghy, AoS was deliberately standing on his foot. With the game over Donaghy decided he'd had enough. Not the best way to close out his career but he's won his share in the Kerry jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone hear anything about this supposed new board set up to help the younger players coming through and showing them how to "maximise their profile" I think it was? Surely we can't be that far from covering college fees, rent, travel expenses etc for top talent to stop the lure of the afl. We'll do well to keep Clifford imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Beaten soundly. Got it wrong on the line. Not hungry enough either.

Lost every matchup.

Murphy the only one who showed hunger bar James when he came on. Mayo had no fear of us and bullied us on and off the ball.

Gough shouldn't referee another game at this level. Craves attention. How anyone rates him as a referee beats me. Not for a second do I think we would have won with a different referee but players get rated and criticized when they aren't up for it, so no reason for the same not to apply to officials. Call it sour grapes if you like, but it was a thoroughly one sided refereeing performance. Mayo didn't need the help either but such is life.

Fair play to Rochford. Stuck to his guns and faced down the criticism and got it right on the day. Stellar performances from Parsons, Boyle, Doherty, Moran and Seamus O'Shea.

Furious that Donaghy ended his career that way. He had two minutes to grin and take his medicine and retire with grace. Now O'Shea stood and ground down on his foot which obviously flicked a switch and he lost it. It's just a pity after such a brilliant career for it to end like that.

It certainly was a couple of shots, but nothing cheap about it.

Fellow squares up, stamps on his foot, he gives a couple of thumps. Not sneaky. In front of ref. Deserved to go, you can't react like that. But not cheap.

It certainly was a couple of shots, but nothing cheap about it.

Fellow squares up, stamps on his foot, he gives a couple of thumps. Not sneaky. In front of ref. Deserved to go, you can't react like that. But not cheap.

If it's any consolation guys,the great Zinedine Zidane ended a stellar career in much the same way.

And it didn't damage his legacy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Congratulations Mayo. Better. More organised and well deserved.

Ref was a self attention seeking clown. Equally useless for both team.

Will analyse more sober.

Really hope Mayo do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Cheap shot by Donaghy punching someone in the face in injury time because he knew he had lost and he would not miss the final(cowardly), showed himself up very badly.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kieran-donaghy-receives-a-straight-red-card-for-this-incident-with-aidan-oshea-36071839.html

Thanks for posting the video. Having watched it three or four times, Donaghy fully deserved his red.

However, it is a pity that there is no citing officer in GAA as O'Shea would be missing the final after his antics. Firstly, stamping on Donaghy's instep deliberately as shown by the way he lifted his other foot to shift his weight. Secondly, the throwing of the head and Thirdly, the way he went down like Cillian O'Connor. Keep posting the video everywhere you can and someone will pick up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

blanch152 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the video. Having watched it three or four times, Donaghy fully deserved his red.

However, it is a pity that there is no citing officer in GAA as O'Shea would be missing the final after his antics. Firstly, stamping on Donaghy's instep deliberately as shown by the way he lifted his other foot to shift his weight. Secondly, the throwing of the head and Thirdly, the way he went down like Cillian O'Connor. Keep posting the video everywhere you can and someone will pick up on it.

Back to facebook good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

To paraphrase dodgeball, David gough is about as useful as a cock-flavoured lollipop.

Serious questions to be asked about fitzmaurice now. Shane enright, when it was a 50/50 call to start him could have been hooked after 12 mins such was the deficiencies in his match-up.

Time to call the Jacko phone and start the rejuvenation process all over again.

Oh and when is soon enough to start questioning the hype surrounding David Moran?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

PARlance wrote: »

Back to the drawing board good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Same failings again. Too many lads just not good enough. Will Kelly get the same criticism Kealy would have had he had the same game? One of the worst I've seen from any keeper. I've said it before and i'll say it again what is the obstruction with Jonathan Lyne? Offers nothing. Did he even touch the ball after his point? Time and time again Buckley has shown he's not up to championship level, just doesn't have the pase.

Enright again taken to the cleaners. A question i've asked all summer is where is Ronan Shanahan? Was one of Kerr'y bet backs in the league but no sighn of him even on the panel for the championship

It's time for a bit of a clear out. Can see Star, Maher, Donnacha Walsh and probably Sheehan packing it in. Wouldn't be surprised if Darren did as well. Others its time to look of other options for are Kelly and Lyne from today and Mikey Geaney to name just a few.

Physically and tactically we were well off the pace today- selection was poor too- second weekend in a row where these glaring issues have been evident.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah I've watched it a pile of times now and I just can't see for certain. I'm not Donaghys biggest fan, he's from Tralee sure :pac:, but I don't think he reacts like that for no reason.

As for Enright, it must be very hard to lose your place once you're on the inside.

Because he deserved one in 2015 and should have won one last year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

PARlance wrote: »

But he's right!

Another thing i'd love to know is how Gough is let ref any game let alone big ones. Has there ever been such an the attention-seeking ref in GAA history?

14 yellow, 3 red and 2 black today in a game thaat was in no way dirty. Just seems to want to get the camera on him as much as he can

cms88 wrote: »
    Another thing i'd love to know is how Gough is let ref any game let alone big ones. Has there ever been such an the attention-seeking ref in GAA history?

14 yellow, 3 red and 2 black today in a game thaat was in no way dirty. Just seems to want to get the camera on him as much as he can

Completely agree! I was so annoyed when I heard it was going to be that eejit. When you think of the cost of those matches, and let's say the cost for your average family heading to Croker for the day from either Mayo or Kerry and then to have that utter notice box trying to steal the show. Maddening! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Cheap shot by Donaghy punching someone in the face in injury time because he knew he had lost and he would not miss the final(cowardly), showed himself up very badly.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kieran-donaghy-receives-a-straight-red-card-for-this-incident-with-aidan-oshea-36071839.html

A moment of temper. It happens. Donaghy acted the maggot plenty in his career but he never carried it off the pitch. I'd say he shook hands with O'Shea afterwards and genuinely wished him the best. Nothing to get upset about.

Actually found it hilarious if i'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

TheCitizen is provided with an impromptu holiday from GAA Forum.

I've had to delete posts that quoted the offending posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Enright was roasted but mainly due to his footwear as he kept on slipping

Savage improved is a substantial amount- the quality and amount of ball being played to our inside line inproved substantially with his introduction and it's frustrating that he didn't start as it shouted Fitz's conservative nature.

Moran was bloody woeful- so far off the pace it was worrying.

Our half forward line as cack again from the start- as we're our tactics- serious questions must be asked

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

David Gough, two words and I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Enright was roasted but mainly due to his footwear as he kept on slipping

Savage improved is a substantial amount- the quality and amount of ball being played to our inside line inproved substantially with his introduction and it's frustrating that he didn't start as it shouted Fitz's conservative nature.

Moran was bloody woeful- so far off the pace it was worrying.

Our half forward line as cack again from the start- as we're our tactics- serious questions must be asked

We have so so many questions that need answering after today. I really thought we would see a performance. So disappointing. The game is changing and we need to catch up and get ahead of the curve.
    We just seemed so clueless. Expecting a few players to win the game on there own. Some players noticeably gave up. Moran in particular was guilty of this.
    I'm sure we have the raw materials for a top top team but we need direction and leadership.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Doltanian wrote: »
    David Gough, two words and I'll say no more.

Very good?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Don't think it was on TV but before the ball was thrown as the the mayo forwards shook hands everyone of them was roughed up by their markers. If they were trying to intimidate them well they probably only got the refs attention.

And when your seven points down why do still play a double sweeper, nobody knew what they meant to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

kindly **** off from the kerry thread, what coc did today was a total disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The ref...well...he should have stamped more authority on that game if he wanted to reduce the amount of ****e that went on but he could have been more consistent in application too: a yellow offense at one point was a simple free 4 mins later. And what was Darren sent off for? Why was the black given?
    Kerry, for all the quality and talent, did nothing with it. The gameplan didn't work and was nowhere near good enough or didn't play to strengths. Too often there has been no plan B and that was repeated again today. We don't deserve to be in a Final.
    Mayo were better today, with a lot of room for improvement, but i don't think they have a Championship in them. And Mr.falls-like-a-sack-of-spuds-but-is-fit-to-play-after-the-ref-makes-a-decision...well, you gotta milk it somehow.

TrueGael wrote: »
    kindly **** off from the kerry thread, what coc did today was a total disgrace

Classy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

Classy :rolleyes:

It's the Kerry discussion thread, not the Kerry wind up thread try and win an AI before infiltrating us with garbage

My opinion is that Mayo won't beat either of tomorrow's teams and saved us an unmerciful beating in the Final

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement