Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

TrueGael wrote: »
    It's the Kerry discussion thread, not the Kerry wind up thread try and win an AI before infiltrating us with garbage

My opinion is that Mayo won't beat either of tomorrow's teams and saved us an unmerciful beating in the Final

Well Mayo have a better chance than Kerry anyway to win the All Ireland Final of 2017 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

Amprodude wrote: »
    Well Mayo have a better chance than Kerry anyway to win the All Ireland Final of 2017 :-)

Well if I'm proved right today's win will mean absolutely nothing

I hope I'm wrong in spite of our 'friend' trolling this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

And Mr.falls-like-a-sack-of-spuds-but-is-fit-to-play-after-the-ref-makes-a-decision...well, you gotta milk it somehow.

Aidan O' Mahony says hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

It's the Kerry discussion thread, not the Kerry wind up thread try and win an AI before infiltrating us with garbage

My opinion is that Mayo won't beat either of tomorrow's teams and saved us an unmerciful beating in the Final

How on earth this tyrone team seem to be elevated to godlike status is beyond me

When did they even beat a top team last?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Aidan O' Mahony says hello.

So your rationale is that because a former Kerry player went down for something about 10 years ago- it is fair game for players to systematically dive against Kerry?

That's a fairly odd logic son.

• Advertisement

kindly **** off from the kerry thread, what coc did today was a total disgrace

What COC did was no different to the gamemanship from countless other players on both sides, something the likes of Aiden O'Mahoney thought us. Spillane would call it been "cute".

So you think its perfectly ok for Donaghy to punch someone in the face twice. Maybe you should kindly **** off also from the Kerry thread also as you certainly do not sound like a genuine Kerry supporter, otherwise your about 7 years old and can't handle losing yet.

We very likely won't win, but you have to be in it to win it.

So you think its perfectly ok for Donaghy to punch someone in the face twice. Maybe you should **** off also from the Kerry thread as you certainly do not sound like a genuine Kerry supporter, otherwise your about 7 years old and can't handle losing yet.

Arra 'twas hardly 1996 stuff. Though when you think about it, McHale, Star...maybe dual basketball/football players are used to the rough and tumble. I'm sure O'Shea and Donaghy will laugh it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭TrueGael

What COC did was no different to the gamemanship from countless other players on both sides, something the likes of Aiden O'Mahoney thought us. Spillane would call it been "cute".

So you think its perfectly ok for Donaghy to punch someone in the face twice. Maybe you should kindly **** off also from the Kerry thread also as you certainly do not sound like a genuine Kerry supporter, otherwise your about 7 years old and can't handle losing yet.

We very likely won't win, but you have to be in it to win it.

Has anyone here even suggested we deserved anything more than what we got?

OK. Good, now clear out of our thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Not a great football supporter, but was surprised to see how poor kerry are.

They are supposed to be the aristocrats of the game, yet they were reduced to rubble. Punching off the ball, red cards, sweepers, and all against a rather limited mayo. Let's give mayo credit though. They are a top 3 team. Not hard.

How poor must cork and all the other munster counties be? I'll give GAA, how they are able to sell that shi!e is beyond me.

Rightwing wrote: »
    They are supposed to be the aristocrats of the game, yet they were reduced to rubble. Punching off the ball, red cards, sweepers, and all against a rather limited mayo.

What was the punching off the ball?

• Advertisement

What was the punching off the ball?

wasn't the big lad donaghy punching someone? 1 of the best players kerry have had too for the last decade imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Why is it every media outlet seem to have missed O' Shea's stamp before he got a box?

wasn't the big lad donaghy punching someone? 1 of the best players kerry have had too for the last decade imo.

Oh, by off the ball thought you meant something sneaky or underhand.

He thumped O'Shea in front of the ref, in front of the keeper taking a kick out. Game was long since over. He was sent off, and deserved it. But certainly would link that to some demise of Kerry.

Think Mayo were physical last week, not in a dirty way, just hard, and Kerry focussed too much on countering that.

Oh, by off the ball thought you meant something sneaky or underhand.

He thumped O'Shea in front of the ref, in front of the keeper taking a kick out. Game was long since over. He was sent off, and deserved it. But certainly would link that to some demise of Kerry.

Think Mayo were physical last week, not in a dirty way, just hard, and Kerry focussed too much on countering that.

Agreed.

Truth be told game was over before it started. Must be the worst kerry team in about 30 years. I'd say the minors would beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

I thought yesterday would bring mayo fans obsession with Kerry to an end, seems it has just made it worse!

Agreed.

Truth be told game was over before it started. Must be the worst kerry team in about 30 years. I'd say the minors would beat them.

Ach, wouldn't read too much into it. Tactics were wrong. It's not like the dip in the late 80s/early 90s, or even that whole end of an era feel after the Down defeat in the quarters in 2010. Bad day at the office. National League win seems like a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

corny wrote:
    A moment of temper. It happens. Donaghy acted the maggot plenty in his career but he never carried it off the pitch. I'd say he shook hands with O'Shea afterwards and genuinely wished him the best. Nothing to get upset about.

Missing the point. Donaghy has always been a bad example to youngsters. Not important whether they hug and kiss after the game; it's what goes on on the pitch that the public see. Looks awful. Wouldn't be tolerated in rugby.

Ach, wouldn't read too much into it. Tactics were wrong. It's not like the dip in the late 80s/early 90s, or even that whole end of an era feel after the Down defeat in the quarters in 2010. Bad day at the office. National League win seems like a long time ago.

Where was kerry's scoring? i thought they had good forwards, and mayo poor forwards, but over the 2 games, you'd have to say the 33yr old was the best player on the park. that's not a good sign for either team.
    it's hard to judge mayo. i'd back tyrone/dub over them, but they are dogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Didnt deserve anything from yesterday,thought there would be some reaction from the team to last weeks result but we were worse then last week,slow on the ball and we werent able to handle the pressure Mayo put us under

Mayo were the far fitter and hungrier team who went right at us from the start

No excuses the better team won,best of luck to Mayo in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not a great football supporter, but was surprised to see how poor kerry are.

They are supposed to be the aristocrats of the game, yet they were reduced to rubble. Punching off the ball, red cards, sweepers, and all against a rather limited mayo. Let's give mayo credit though. They are a top 3 team. Not hard.

How poor must cork and all the other munster counties be? I'll give GAA, how they are able to sell that shi!e is beyond me.

Well it's a s**** that a considerable percentage of the population love!

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote: »
    Well it's a s**** that a considerable percentage of the population love!

i mean the munster championship. seriously, that's poor by any definition, and the same with the other ones. kerry can breeze thru munster and yet look so ordinary against a team that hasn't won anything for decades. something wrong somewhere.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Missing the point. Donaghy has always been a bad example to youngsters. Not important whether they hug and kiss after the game; it's what goes on on the pitch that the public see. Looks awful. Wouldn't be tolerated in rugby.

He has 4 All Ireland medals and a Player of the Year to his name. Sure, he was able to dole it out and was never afraid to square up. But it wasn't tolerated, he was sent off, and rightly so.

I've seen plenty of digs thrown in rugby.

He has 4 All Ireland medals and a Player of the Year to his name. Sure, he was able to dole it out and was never afraid to square up. But it wasn't tolerated, he was sent off, and rightly so.

I've seen plenty of digs thrown in rugby.

Such a thing would never happen in rugby....

Remember Donaghy grabbing the Galway full back around the throat. Ridiculous carry on. In a well policed sport he would have been cited afterwards and got a 2 or 3 match ban which would have hopefully softened his cough.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Remember Donaghy grabbing the Galway full back around the throat. Ridiculous carry on. In a well policed sport he would have been cited afterwards and got a 2 or 3 match ban which would have hopefully softened his cough.

Remember when he got a box before that? Of course you don't....

cms88 wrote: »
    Remember when he got a box before that? Of course you don't....

2 wrongs don't make a right. Donaghy shouldn't have got off. Was it tomas o se was saying it was no big deal. I wonder if it was someone from another county would it have been no big deal. A bit like E brennan recently re A Gleeson. If that were a KK player would be have the same opinion.?

RTe need to clamp down on their so called analysts,

Galway guy should have been done too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Alot of concentration on the Donaghy/O'Shea incident here on boards.ie but I've just been reading the analysis of the match in the Sunday Indo and there's barely a mention of Donaghy's spectacular punch. I'm wondering if that is a lack of desire from the football pundits to discredit Donaghy or is it Aidan O' Shea they are actually protecting ie Donaghy got this punishment on the day but if the incident is highlighted too much, AoS could be in trouble ???

Rightwing wrote:
    2 wrongs don't make a right. Donaghy shouldn't have got off. Was it tomas o se was saying it was no big deal. I wonder if it was someone from another county would it have been no big deal. A bit like E brennan recently re A Gleeson. If that were a KK player would be have the same opinion.?

Spot on.

• Advertisement

i mean the munster championship. seriously, that's poor by any definition, and the same with the other ones. kerry can breeze thru munster and yet look so ordinary against a team that hasn't won anything for decades. something wrong somewhere.

For someone who's ''not a great football supporter'' you sure do know a lot about the championship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement