Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

wonga77 wrote: »
    I don't know why ye bother lads...

Yeah I read that and thought "this coming from a Cork man :pac:" when his own cpunty teams are an absolute shambles and then he gets two bites. He must be skitting away at home to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Amprodude wrote: »
    Pretty desperate when one has to raid the archives that far back. I think things are going to be very bleak in the kingdom for a few years to come looking at how far Dublin and Mayo are ahead of them at the moment.

Was that the year that one of the Kerry lads had his eyes rolling around in the back of his head? I forget his name but remember reading what he said in some newspaper the day after. I think it was the same chap that assaulted one of the Cork mid fielders at the throw in and got away with it. There was a small little runt of a lad reffing it. Haven't seen him since. Was he stood down by Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

Cannot see MG being good enough at centerback or midfield. The obsession with the traditional type FB is from a bygone era unless teams have players like Donoghy in his prime. In modern football CB is the fulcrum of any team. He has to be a total footballer one of your best game readers, top class defender, physically strong, fast and a playmaker. IMO Crowley is the best CB we have. We lost the 2010 semi and 2011 final because we did not have a top class CB.

The 2009 team was not as good as people think 2006/7 was a more complete team with the O'Shea's at there prime as well Gouch, Donoghy and DOS and a few more. In 2009 Kennelly Micheal McCarthy filled a gap,Tommy Walsh fulfilled his potential for the once and only time. The following year without Walsh, Kennelly and M McC we were an poor team. The failure to replace EB earlier and not subbing DOS in 2011 when he got injured along with some brainless running BJK cost us that All Ireland.

There is not another All Ireland in the present team so it either sink or swim. If we do not start bringing in players we will have a situation like 1987-1996 0r worse. We have a core of players, Crowley , Murphy, Morley Moran, Barry, McCarthy, Buckley, Paul Geany, O'Donoghue That have 2-3 years before we start losing 2-3 of them. Maybe Walsh, Griffin, M Geany, O'Brien can offer something but lads like Savage, O'Sullivian' O'Shea, Bealaoich the Spillanes etc have to be left sink or swim we cannot afford another year of sitting on our hands. Cliffiord should go straight in next year and at least we would not be looking at bringing in BS for the last 3-4 minutes to take a free.

Eoin Brosnan shipped a very heavy shoulder from Paul Flynn with about 10 minutes to go in '11 final. It wasn't really captured on the TV. It really buckled him as he didn't see it coming. He went off not long after and there definitely was a hole down the middle after he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Apart from Division 2, there's playoffs for relegation or promotion in every other division.
    Ballyfoilmore continue their rapid descent from Division 1 two years ago to div 4.
    Na Gaeil will be playing Stacks next year in the county league, bet not many would have called that 3 or 4 years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

wonga77 wrote: »
    Apart from Division 2, there's playoffs for relegation or promotion in every other division.
    Ballyfoilmore continue their rapid descent from Division 1 two years ago to div 4.
    Na Gaeil will be playing Stacks next year in the county league, bet not many would have called that 3 or 4 years ago

Stacks celebrating 100 years and they get relegated from the top division,Keane will be delighted with that :D

Great to see An Ghaeltacht back at the top of Kerry club football.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Stacks celebrating 100 years and they get relegated from the top division,Keane will be delighted with that :D

It's awful sad.

At least they get a trip to mark the centenary.

Y0UJC.png

They will have all the lads that were playing in America for the summer back for the county championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

They will have all the lads that were drinking in America for the summer back for the county championship

Fixed your post

Same As wrote: »
    Fixed your post

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Yeah our schools, minors and club scene are pretty bleak at the moment alright, very few prospects coming through.

Don't mind this fella, he is wumming in the Waterford GAA thread as well.

I think he is looking for attention, seemingly the lads he cycles with don't like him either :rolleyes: Poor fella

They will have all the lads that were playing in America for the summer back for the county championship

I'm going to enjoy the moment all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Don't mind this fella, he is wumming in the Waterford GAA thread as well.

I think he is looking for attention, seemingly the lads he cycles with don't like him either :rolleyes: Poor fella
    He's been consistently posting well here since I've been following along but thanks for the tip off chief, we'll be sure to stay vigilant as we enter the more dangerous, winter months of GAA posting

Best of luck the U21 hurlers tomorrow in the All Ireland B Final against Wicklow in Thurles its on TG4 at 1pm

Team here: http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news/10028874/Kerry_Under_21_Hurling_Team_V_Wicklow

Great to see Dingles Barry O’Sullivan lining out at midfield

http://www.the42.ie/kerry-football-barry-osullivan-dingle-u21-hurling-3585058-Sep2017/?utm_source=facebook_short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

[QUOTE=D'Agger;104621674

thanks for the tip off chief, we'll be sure to stay vigilant as we enter the more dangerous, winter months of GAA posting[/QUOTE]

The spirit of Dad's Army lives on. Without brave people like you bad, and indeed dangerous, things might happen.

Any results from the town championship games that were going on around the place this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Fair enough it's at club level, but Sean Shea just put in a serious performance in the Club Championship final against Crokes this afternoon. Complete player, shame we didn't see him out this season but looking forward to hopefully seeing him next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Fair enough it's at club level, but Sean Shea just put in a serious performance in the Club Championship final against Crokes this afternoon. Complete player, shame we didn't see him out this season but looking forward to hopefully seeing him next year.

and was prevented from playing in the under 21 final the week before the Galway game also - never got 1 minute of senior football all season.

how on earth can these lads be developed if they are sitting in the dug out while the same lads get picked before them, over and over.

if we are not careful, they will all f off to america or australia. fitzmaurices biggest failure as a manager is his unwillingness to give these lads a fair crack.

• Advertisement

Stephen Wallace taking over the Offaly Footballers,subject to ratification

Be interesting to see how he gets on up there,did a great job with the Juniors down here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

As Martin McHugh said he'd want to bring a few pregnant women with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Be interesting to see how he gets on up there,did a great job with the Juniors down here

The whole outside manager thing is really getting out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

cms88 wrote: »
    The whole outside manager thing is really getting out of hand

In what way?

So we have John Evans up in Wicklow,John Sugrue was in line for the Laois job and now Stephen Wallace linked with the Offaly job

So we have John Evans up in Wicklow,John Sugrue was in line for the Laois job and now Stephen Wallace linked with the Offaly job

I just mean that how is it getting out of hand. It's surely to the GAA and Kerry's advantage for more coaches to get more experience.

I just mean that how is it getting out of hand. It's surely to the GAA and Kerry's advantage for more coaches to get more experience.

I wasnt quizzing your post :D

I was just wondering how many Kerry men we have managing other counties and had I left anyone out

Donie Buckley is involved with Mayo as a coach as well

I wasnt quizzing your post :D

I was just wondering how many Kerry men we have managing other counties and had I left anyone out

Donie Buckley is involved with Mayo as a coach as well

Oh aye. I just think initial post seems to think this is a bad idea. :)

You know how it can go if I post in this thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Oh aye. I just think initial post seems to think this is a bad idea. :)

You know how it can go if I post in this thread. :P

Managers, Coaches, the Brogan's, the O'Shea's... Jackie will be building a wall soon, out of tarmac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Really think Fitzmaurice is a good call for managing this Kerry team and should stay on. He did very well for managing a very average group of footballers and I think he has got the best out of them. At the moment there are just better teams ahead of Kerry no fault of Fitzmaurice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement