Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

blackbelt wrote: »
    teednab-el wrote: »
    What Brolly is saying will be true if Kerry don't win today. Home venue, large Kerry crowd, are a huge advantage for Kerry.

I think it is hard to disagree with Brolly but I would be PO'ed big time if I were from Kerry.He seems to single out Colm Cooper and his criticism of Kerry seems to be that of a childish nature. Can;t remember off the top of my head but didn't Kerry beat Derry in 2004?

Unfair the way Colm Cooper is singled out though. Cooper is s super player who nearly always delivers against oppositions. Brolly should be on team tactics more than singling.out one of Kerrys greats.

There is super confidence down in Kerry this week. I suppose they won't get a better chance of beating Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,239 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

teednab-el wrote: »
    Unfair the way Colm Cooper is singled out though. Cooper is s super player who nearly always delivers against oppositions. Brolly should be on team tactics more than singling.out one of Kerrys greats.

There is super confidence down in Kerry this week. I suppose they won't get a better chance of beating Tyrone.

They are confident all right, but it's based on nothing more than it's in Killarney and we did something similar in 09 and won the all Ireland

Nothing Kerry have done this championship inspires confidence.

An hour to go, lets see how it pans out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 TheJoker101

Is this on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

TV3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Half time lads, your playing the better football, some nice points hope ye beat them out the door in the second half ..... Best of luck from tipp:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

this gme is far from over. Breeze/wind? with tyrone now, and this looks like maybe it was a gameplan to try to use their fitness in the second half, which should be superior to Kerry's.

Can someone tell the Kerrymen to stop diving to the ground clutching their faces for no reason? It's pathetic and sad.

Jesus, i haven't watched kerry for a while, but this is seriously embarrassing.

O'sullivan goes down like he was shot by a sniper after a bump in the back, all while he was holding out his arm crying and running to teacher.

Tyrone man sent off.

Absolutely Pathetic. I wouldn't be proud if I were a Kerryman.

O Mahony leaps through the air after a minor push on 62 minutes.

I'm genuinely not trolling here, im just compleely shocked at the women playing for Kerry these days. Pansies.

64 minutes, kerry man on the line holding his face and calf, when neither were touched.

We need to put Benny Hill clown music to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Well done Kerry good win, way better team delighted for ye.... No one will want to meet ye in the next round best of luck ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Well done Kerry good win, way better team delighted for ye.... No one will want to meet ye in the next round best of luck ...

Congrats Kerry, a good win.

so is this sort of soccer fairy crap accepted now without so much as an acknowledgement by everyone? Just one of those things eh?

great Kerry win, and they moved the ball quickly too, which is something they did not do previously.

I still do not believe that they will be all Ireland winners though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I thought galvin was going to start crying.... I though he'd only do that if his skinny jeans ran in the wash!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great win,some great performances all over the field and fully deserved the win,delighted for the players,maybe now the likes of Brolly will start giving these Kerry players the respect they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

Jesus, i haven't watched kerry for a while, but this is seriously embarrassing.

O'sullivan goes down like he was shot by a sniper after a bump in the back, all while he was holding out his arm crying and running to teacher.

Tyrone man sent off.

Absolutely Pathetic. I wouldn't be proud if I were a Kerryman.

I'm a Kerryman and I am very proud. It is a game of skill after all isn't it and the players with genuine talent should be protected from those with...errrr...less ability.

One of the poorest Tyrone teams of the past decade, shooting, defending, tackling, fielding all poor. Kerry still getting the rub of the green from the referees i see ;) should of been a Kerry red shocking high running tackle to the throat and head, and a Tyrone Yellow for the dig in the ribs followed by another "i've been shot fall".

Kerry of the past few years will soon be matching the worst of the Dublin/Meath teams for scrapping on and off the ball. The next game should be another practice match for Kerry. Maybe they could use next week to should brush up on there drama lessons it was cringeworthy...Kerry will still be the team to avoid in the quarters.

I see all those having a go at Kerry failing to mention the fact that Gormley should have been sent off about 3 times, absolute joke how he stayed on the field, as for Ryan McMenamin, what an embarrassment :rolleyes:

Great win,some great performances all over the field and fully deserved the win,delighted for the players,maybe now the likes of Brolly will start giving these Kerry players the respect they deserve

I doubt he will, and nor should he, remember Tyrone are not the force they were.
    The all Ireland is still 4 games away remember, and apart from Clare the opposition will be tougher

• Advertisement

I'm a Kerryman and I am very proud. It is a game of skill after all isn't it and the players with genuine talent should be protected from those with...errrr...less ability.

so youre advocating rolling around, being dishonest, playacting, and crying like a child?

Youre a county of women so. That display today made me sick, and embarrased to be Irish. Im serious here, it was embarrassing. You're embarrassing. Conning the ref and pretendig to be hurt, and not even doing it subtle like. Im actually lost for words at how to describe the multitide of downright femine and cowardly acts of Kerry players today. Ye're not men, ye're mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheBossNathan

Question: Why was Paul Galvin emotional during his man-of-the-match interview post match on TV3?

I see all those having a go at Kerry failing to mention the fact that Gormley should have been sent off about 3 times, absolute joke how he stayed on the field, as for Ryan McMenamin, what an embarrassment :rolleyes:
    that may be so ( i don think so, Gormley deserved yellow overall, thats it, in my view) , but f*ck me, at least the Tyrone players werent rolling around like spoiled children when conning the referee, crying and balling and worst of all, pretending to be injured in ways they clearly were not. Tyrone were men, playing a mans game. Kerry are a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Good win, great to break the Tyrone hoodoo even if they're not what they were 3/4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Good win for kerry, responded well when tyrone got their goal, kicked some great points and they created more room in the forwards.
    Having goldrick the ref in their pocket helped a lot too, he gave them a lot of soft frees, kerry sub should definitely have been sent off but goldrick wasnt going to do that. At that stage tyrone had been trying to get back in the game and run it out from the back but kerry were ahead and fouled them at every turn. Way more cynical stuff from kerry today than Ive ever seen from any other team.
    Thought declan o sullivan was the motm >mod snip<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Dont think tyrone supporters will be overly devastated with todays result, after all tyrone beat kerry everytime it really counted

That display today made me sick, and embarrased to be Irish. Im serious here...

Sure you are, sure you are.

It was indeed a black day for the country. Do you think it'll get international condemnation?

I saw one of the manly men from Tyrone begging for a Kerry player to be sent off when the game was all but over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Absolutely terrible game to watch as a neutral. Gooch seems to have learned a lot from Didier Drogba with his rolling around for most of the extra time in the first half to run down the clock.
    The Dubs have to fancy themselves again this year looking at that.

Absolutely terrible game to watch as a neutral. Gooch seems to have learned a lot from Didier Drogba with his rolling around for most of the extra time in the first half to run down the clock.
    The Dubs have to fancy themselves again this year looking at that.

Run down the clock?? And they bating the ****e out of Tyrone lol, the level of jealousy and bitterness towards Kerry here is laughable, I guess its a back handed compliment to them though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Well done Kerry, it will take a good team to stop them again. I am amazed at some of the trolling on here from some posters, whose inability to recognise a top class football team is laughable.
    As for the rolling around feigning injury rubbish one poster seems to be spouting, I think he is forgetting that Tyrone have had this tactic in their armoury for a number of years now. In fact in 96, when Meath beat them, God himself took a dive in the square by the canal end looking to get Darran Fay sent off, although he got his comeuppance later on when he did get a belt from Fay. :) Its a given fact that when Tyrone players are not hitting you, spitting at you, feigning injury trying to get players sent off, or for that matter biting players (ask the Gooch) that they do actually know how to play football.
    Again, well done Kerry

and by the way, you did beat them when it mattered :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement