Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

Gooch seems to have learned a lot from Didier Drogba with his rolling around for most of the extra time in the first half to run down the clock.

Ha!

Yes, Kerry needed to run down the clock, cos like they were on the ropes.

You have to laugh. No point in debating the ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

In the first half the Tyrone goalkeeper was running down the clock!...some peoples posts on the game are laughable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 TheJoker101

Jack O C sent me a text following the match.

He said the team is no longer finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Kerry fans feeling hard done by, thats something new alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smiler21

this is not the same Tyrone team that beat youse over last decade, plus missing 4 players and the way kerry celebrated you would think it was the all ireland final, they ain't won nothing yet and hopefully won't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭RealityCheck

I though that was an awful game of football. Although some credit to Kerry they played some lovely football intertwined with some awful muck. In saying that Tyrone were a shambles and I can only hope that this bodes well for real football. Sick of the cynical and negative crap. I hope Kerry were just meeting fire with fire and this isn't a new facet of Kerry football.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well done Kerry, it will take a good team to stop them again. I am amazed at some of the trolling on here from some posters, whose inability to recognise a top class football team is laughable.
    As for the rolling around feigning injury rubbish one poster seems to be spouting, I think he is forgetting that Tyrone have had this tactic in their armoury for a number of years now. In fact in 96, when Meath beat them, God himself took a dive in the square by the canal end looking to get Darran Fay sent off, although he got his comeuppance later on when he did get a belt from Fay. :) Its a given fact that when Tyrone players are not hitting you, spitting at you, feigning injury trying to get players sent off, or for that matter biting players (ask the Gooch) that they do actually know how to play football.
    Again, well done Kerry

and by the way, you did beat them when it mattered :)

Proof of that?

Seriously kerry beat a hopeless tyrone team on their home pitch in front of an almost 100% home crowd. It's hardly a reason to be looking for hotel rooms in dublin in september:rolleyes:

Well done Kerry, it will take a good team to stop them again. I am amazed at some of the trolling on here from some posters, whose inability to recognise a top class football team is laughable.
    As for the rolling around feigning injury rubbish one poster seems to be spouting, I think he is forgetting that Tyrone have had this tactic in their armoury for a number of years now. In fact in 96, when Meath beat them, God himself took a dive in the square by the canal end looking to get Darran Fay sent off, although he got his comeuppance later on when he did get a belt from Fay. :) Its a given fact that when Tyrone players are not hitting you, spitting at you, feigning injury trying to get players sent off, or for that matter biting players (ask the Gooch) that they do actually know how to play football.
    Again, well done Kerry

Did it not matter in 2003, 2005 or 2008??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 TheJoker101

mfceiling wrote: »
    Proof of that?

Seriously kerry beat a hopeless tyrone team on their home pitch in front of an almost 100% home crowd. It's hardly a reason to be looking for hotel rooms in dublin in september:rolleyes:

Tyrone would beat most teams in the championship.

The only teams better than Kerry are Cork and Donegal.

Tyrone would beat most teams in the championship.

The only teams better than Kerry are Cork and Donegal.

Tyrone would not beat most teams in the championship....seriously did you see them today or against donegal or armagh or roscommon....they are average at best and have fallen back badly from the top teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Again, well done Kerry

I kept telling Kerry friends and supporters over the years that The Tyrone hoodoo wasn't going to last forever. Kerry were going to beat them sometime and Tyrone have gone downhill big time since 2009.

Most Kerry fans will laugh when they face Cork in Croke Park but one day Cork will beat Kerry in Croke park when it matters. The Kerry hoodoo wont last forever but I hope it ends sooner rather than later.

teednab-el wrote: »
    I kept telling Kerry friends and supporters over the years that The Tyrone hoodoo wasn't going to last forever. Kerry were going to beat them sometime and Tyrone have gone downhill big time since 2009.

Most Kerry fans will laugh when they face Cork in Croke Park but one day Cork will beat Kerry in Croke park when it matters. The Kerry hoodoo wont last forever but I hope it ends sooner rather than later.

Too true....most statistics don't last forever.

Cork will beat kerry in croke park. (this year? who knows?)

Tyrone will be back at the big table because of the talent coming through at underage levels but right now they have fallen back badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

smiler21 wrote: »
    this is not the same Tyrone team that beat youse over last decade, plus missing 4 players and the way kerry celebrated you would think it was the all ireland final, they ain't won nothing yet and hopefully won't.

Thanks for opening an account to share that with us, We would never have known :rolleyes:
    Proof of that?

So what price are you willing to lay Kerry getting to the final at??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Proof of that?

That did happen my friend, that it was not reported in the media shows the difference between some counties, what happens on the pitch is left on the pitch. A good friend of mine met the Gooch in hosital the day after a Tyrone/Kerry game, getting treated for a bite on his forearm, that happened during the match. Aledgedly he bit by another player, maybe it was a Kerry one, Paudie said they were animals :)
    Win at all costs is a mantra much associated with Tyrone football, and it looks like that when the boot is on the other foot, as in today, Murphys dog comes to the fore.
    In saying that, I admire some fascets of Tyrone football, and I really thought they had an outside chance of winning Sam at the start of the championship season, and they are a team that with their underage structure and senior organisation are always in with a shout every year IMO.
    But one other thing to remember is that Kerry set the bar, every year, they are the Kingdom as regards football, whether you like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Bitterness has never tasted so sweet :)

Thanks for opening an account to share that with us, We would never have known :rolleyes:

So what price are you willing to lay Kerry getting to the final at??

If i knew that i'd post under the username paddy power.

What difference does it make that kerry beat a poor tyrone team today...

That they are certs for croke park in september?

If i knew that i'd post under the username paddy power.

What difference does it make that kerry beat a poor tyrone team today...

That they are certs for croke park in september?

Since you've so much faith in Paddy Power you'll be pleased to know that he's made us second favourites for the All Ireland. Dry your eyes champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Yes it mattered then and Tyrone won and deserved to win on each occasion,in fact Kerry could not say they should have won any of those three clashes.
    But, It also mattered today, as Kerry were been written off, especially after losing to Cork (which although Kerry played poorly, if they had taken their goal chances they would have won) and a lacklustre performance in Mullingar, they were facing tonight into a game against their bogey team of the last 10 years, so there was a lot to lose, and it did matter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Poor enough game of football I thought, way too many bad tackles and wayward kicks. Kerry should have been 4 or 5 pts more ahead at ht but for some poor shooting. When Tyrone goaled to bring it down to 2 pts I thought they would now make a game of it. But Donaghys' goal - probably just outside the square I'd say- certainly knocked the wind out of Tyrone. From then on there was no going back.
    It was a tough enough match, with a bit of play acting involved, which lead to an array of cards. Tyrone looked a spent force for a lot of the game.
    Kerry should be delighted with the win. They will feel as if they are back in it with a bang.
    The expectations will certainly rise accordingly.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Since you've so much faith in Paddy Power you'll be pleased to know that he's made us second favourites for the All Ireland. Dry your eyes champ.

Why would i dry my eyes? Check my post history before the game....i said it would be a game we could "hope" to win and not "expect" to win like some of the media pundits had been claiming.

A good kerry team at home beats a poor tyrone team and suddenly you are in the all ireland final :rolleyes:

And if you're second favourites with paddy power then he obviously reckons there's someone better than you and that's why he's worth millions and we're posting on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Can Cork and Kerry meet after the next round?

Yes it mattered then and Tyrone won and deserved to win on each occasion,in fact Kerry could not say they should have won any of those three clashes.
    But, It also mattered today, as Kerry were been written off, especially after losing to Cork (which although Kerry played poorly, if they had taken their goal chances they would have won) and a lacklustre performance in Mullingar, they were facing tonight into a game against their bogey team of the last 10 years, so there was a lot to lose, and it did matter.

No dooher, canavan, cavanagh, cavlan, hughes.....and a few new lads who'd never faced kerry before....it was really only the tyrone team in name and not the same force of 2003-2008
    Think a few posters here would have been happy to beat any tyrone team rather than a tyrone fan get annoyed at losing to kerry in the championship for the first time in over 25 years.

teednab-el wrote: »
    Can Cork and Kerry meet after the next round?

Yes.

Why would i dry my eyes? Check my post history before the game....i said it would be a game we could "hope" to win and not "expect" to win like some of the media pundits had been claiming.

A good kerry team at home beats a poor tyrone team and suddenly you are in the all ireland final :rolleyes:

And if you're second favourites with paddy power then he obviously reckons there's someone better than you and that's why he's worth millions and we're posting on boards.

You do know that two teams will be in the AI?? I know its been a while ;)

You do know that two teams will be in the AI?? I know its been a while ;)

Yeah and if you're second favourite it means you'll have a losers medal in your arse pocket...:p

Yeah and if you're second favourite it means you'll have a losers medal in your arse pocket...:p

42 posts in the GAA forum in over 3 years and half of them in this thread, your obsession/inferiority complex is quite disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Delighted with most of that performance and not surprised , never really feared Tyrone this time , definitely a team in transition/rebuilding. Poor game overall and downright cynical in parts. I was/am very disappointed that at times today that we/Kerry lowered ourselves to the standards of cynicism/play acting etc that we have complained about and condemned when it happens against us . I truly hope it was just against todays opponents and was a result of attitudes built up towards Tyrone during the 00's. Please we are better than that sort of SHI*E

42 posts in the GAA forum in over 3 years and half of them in this thread, your obsession/inferiority complex is quite disturbing

Not really.....if you engage in discussion in a forum then your posts will reflect that.

Don't know about inferiority because the only time the kerry fans got any way annoyed was when they started to slip up against tyrone in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

I would like to see the game on tv before commenting on some of the matters, There was plenty of off the ball stuff going on but nothing too severe, I though P Galvin held his nerve well on several occasions, also, did anyone see the kick on Darren o Sullivan or was that caught by the cameras? I think it was Harte.
    I have to admit that i was not confident before the game but this was a poor relation of the past Tyrone teams and in truth Kerry should have won by at least 6 or 7 points more, Each and everyone were excellent but in particular around the middle and Tyrone had no answer.
    Still stuff to work on but another day out is waiting

• Advertisement

JFlah wrote: »
    Delighted with most of that performance and not surprised , never really feared Tyrone this time , definitely a team in transition/rebuilding. Poor game overall and downright cynical in parts. I was/am very disappointed that at times today that we/Kerry lowered ourselves to the standards of cynicism/play acting etc that we have complained about and condemned when it happens against us . I truly hope it was just against todays opponents and was a result of attitudes built up towards Tyrone during the 00's. Please we are better than that sort of SHI*E

Probably the best line of the day...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement