Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

D'Agger wrote: »
    Who stood out in the UCC game lads - was away and haven't had a chance to look into it.

Funnily enough it sounded like Conor Cox was one of the standout performers even though he was playing for UCC. Gavin O'Grady seemed to do ok for them as well.

Paddy Curtin got two goals so must have done ok, and to my pleasure I read over on the Kerry GAA forum that BJK was lively when he came on as well.

(Better late than never I suppose!)

Also, I did a little preview of the game here if anyone is interested:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/mcgrath-cup-final-preview/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

BJK has kicked 2-3 points in every game he's played, so thats a good sign.

Curtin is dominating the inside forward line, and Geaney is playing well off him.

Hurlers lost to LIT last night after a resounding win over ITT.

Not sure of the score but it was something like, 3-7 to 1-25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

McGrath cup so far..

Fionn Fitzgearld has been outstanding in all his games
    Sherwood has looked comfortable at centre back
    Lyne is improving in every game
    Star & Buckley both looked very sharp in the middle for there 2 games
    Brian Looney has looked very good every time he has played
    Mikey Geaney is doing well on the wing
    Pat Curtin is on fire at the moment
    Paul Geaney has looked lively also
    Barry John is flying also
    James O Donoghoe looked very good v Limerick
    Stam & Moloney have not impressed for me

While the stand out performers so far are Fionn,Barry John and Curtin.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    BJK has kicked 2-3 points in every game he's played, so thats a good sign.

Curtin is dominating the inside forward line, and Geaney is playing well off him.

Hurlers lost to LIT last night after a resounding win over ITT.

Not sure of the score but it was something like, 3-7 to 1-25

Curtin has such a touch of class about him. Really think he could be a special player and even after last year nobody outside the county will really see him coming if he manages to catch fire.

• Advertisement

The one thing that strikes me about Curtin is his ball winning ability, ball comes in and sticks.

Im trying to think of who he reminds me of, Johnny Crowley maybe?

Crowley was class at winning ball and taking his scores.

The one thing that strikes me about Curtin is his ball winning ability, ball comes in and sticks.

Im trying to think of who he reminds me of, Johnny Crowley maybe?

Crowley was class at winning ball and taking his scores.

That's bizarre, I thought those exact same two things about him when writing my post this morning!

Great minds and all that ;)

If he's as good as Johnny, then he's onto a good thing. An old style FF is what we've missed since Johnny Crowley left.

Not just a big guy like Donaghy, but someone who will burst out, get the ball and take the opposition on.

The amount of ball thats been booted into our FF line the last few years, and come straight out has been shocking.

I hope people don't mind me posting links as the thread has gone fairly quiet lately, but one of our own boardsies was kind enough to do a preview of Kerry's season if anyone cares to take a look. I'll let it up to himself whether he wants to make himself known or not :)

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/kerry-football-a-season-preview-for-2013/

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    I hope people don't mind me posting links as the thread has gone fairly quiet lately, but one of our own boardsies was kind enough to do a preview of Kerry's season if anyone cares to take a look. I'll let it up to himself whether he wants to make himself known or not :)

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/kerry-football-a-season-preview-for-2013/
    Thanks Keane, my Mother said it was good so I don't give a shíte what anyone else says :P

... Go easy on me guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

anyone traveling to castlebar heading up myself always a good spot to stay for weekend they love Kerry people despite the history

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

kerryjack wrote: »
    anyone traveling to castlebar heading up myself always a good spot to stay for weekend they love Kerry people despite the history

Love them so much that we have two of them at midfield :)
    Will be good to see new talent on show for both teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

1. Brendan Kealy (Kilcummin)
    2. Marc Ó Sé (An Gaeltacht)
    3. Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore)
    4. Shane Enright (Tarbert)
    5. Jonathan Lyne (Killarney Legion)
    6. Jack Sherwood (Firies)
    7. Killian Young (Renard)
    8. Anthony Maher Duagh
    9. Johnny Buckley (Dr Crokes) (Capt)
    10. Michael Geaney (Dingle)
    11. Darran O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar)
    12. Michael O’Donoghue (Spa)
    13. Barry John Keane (Kerins O’Rahillys)
    14. Patrick Curtin (Moyvane)
    15. Paul Geaney (Dingle)
    16. Brian Kelly (Killarney Legion)
    17. Bryan Sheehan (St Marys)
    18. Peter Crowley (Laune Rangers)
    19. David Culhane (Ballylongford)
    20. Brian Maguire( Listowel Emmets)
    21. Conor Cox (Listowel Emmets)
    22. Andrew Garnett (Spa)
    23. Barry John Walsh (Kerins O’Rahillys)
    24. Mark Griffin )St Michaels/Foilmore)
    25. Shane O’Carroll (Austin Stacks)
    26. Darragh O’Sullivan (Dingle)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

best of luck to Cox on his debut today.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stringofmisery

did kerry not score in the 2nd half?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭thesultan

Woeful second half display by Kerry today. Fitzmaurice has his work cut out in trying to get new players to get into the team and for Kerry to play direct football

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stringofmisery

yeah, i know they're all young lad and all that, but it was dreadful stuff altogther.

In London so I missed the match, checked the score coming up to half time and was happy at 1-6 to 7 points.

What happened!

Maher sent off with 2 yellows as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

In London so I missed the match, checked the score coming up to half time and was happy at 1-6 to 7 points.

What happened!

Maher sent off with 2 yellows as well?

Totally lost our way in the second half,bad day at the office,patience will needed big time this year,roll on the Dubs next week

• Advertisement

Totally lost our way in the second half,bad day at the office,patience will needed big time this year,roll on the Dubs next week
    Was it that Kerry were bad, or that Mayo were that good.

Losing to Mayo isn't so bad, but from the position we were in I thought we'd go on to win or at least draw the game.

Still nice young team named, and once we aren't relegated Blooding players is the priority for the league.

Was it that Kerry were bad, or that Mayo were that good.

Losing to Mayo isn't so bad, but from the position we were in I thought we'd go on to win or at least draw the game.

Still nice young team named, and once we aren't relegated Blooding players is the priority for the league.

Bit of both,lacked a cutting edge up front in the second half which was strange because I thought we looked good in the first half,Mayo took every chance they got,kicked some lovely points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Bit of both,lacked a cutting edge up front in the second half which was strange because I thought we looked good in the first half,Mayo took every chance they got,kicked some lovely points

Mayo kicked some great scores, but got some of them very easily.
    Conroy when he walked through two Kerry players without a hand laid on him for a very nice but soft score epitomized Kerry's defending all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

I was at the game today Kerry looked like a team that was after being put together this morning, Mayo are a settled team who are on a make or break Year Today was a good lesson for those young lads and should drive them on to greater days we have to give youth a chance, there is talent there they just need to be guided in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Jesus lads shocking from Kerry. When was the last time they didnt score in a second half. Ok, lots of new fellas but the overall performance was putrid.

Bryan Sheehan is a stone over weight. I am not sure if he will shed that come summer time. He had a good league the last couple of years which helped him big time for championship. Hard to see him getting into shape for the league anyway.

Johnny Buckley is a big plus alright. He is ready to step up I think.

Players like Crowley and Enright were a disappointment. Cant see Mike O'Donoghue or Michael Geaney doing it on the big stage. Big doubts too over Curtin and Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

In fairness there was a lot of new young players thrown in at the deep end there against a good, well-organsied Mayo team. They'll benefit from the experience and no better test again than a clash with the Dubs next weekend. Though I do wonder if it will be back to selecting the old reliables in the Summer, and whether many of these young players are really ready to step up and take a jersey off one of the established stars. To not score in the entire second half is very unKerry-like. New team or not you'd be expecting a bit better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

closeline wrote: »
    Bryan Sheehan is a stone over weight. I am not sure if he will shed that come summer time.

It's the start of February....are you serious??

Johnny Buckley is a big plus alright. He is ready to step up I think.

Players like Crowley and Enright were a disappointment. Cant see Mike O'Donoghue or Michael Geaney doing it on the big stage. Big doubts too over Curtin and Keane.

Not sure I agree on Buckley, he's too nice a player, I don't see him having the toughness required to play in the middle of the park and boss a game. That said give him time during the league and we'll see - the same can be said for most the other players - we're one game in, we lost to a strong Mayo side who're notoriously strong in the league, away from home.

The next two games or so will allow us to assess who's looking like they'll make the grade or not.

We need to remember that Fitzmaurice is just in the door and will need some time. Using the league for experimentation is exactly what I want to see him doing.

Darragh used "winter" well iirc and he used be flying it come the summer
    Sheehan did look over weight but wasn't he injured over the winter and would be behind the rest re training even though he did play in McGrath Cup I dont think he has much training done

No need to panic yet,if we can get two or three of the young players to step it up and make the grade in this league campaign then that will be a success anything else that comes with it is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think the slim fit jersey have really emphasised when a player is carrying a few extra pounds, before you wouldnt even notice it.
    Lot of inexperienced players there the last day,dissapointing that they couldnt even manage a point in the second half but its early days yet, no need to panic just yet.

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Not sure I agree on Buckley, he's too nice a player, I don't see him having the toughness required to play in the middle of the park and boss a game. That said give him time during the league and we'll see - the same can be said for most the other players - we're one game in, we lost to a strong Mayo side who're notoriously strong in the league, away from home.

Maher was a bit like that at the start as well, players grow into their roles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement