Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Pay Monthly Upgrades

• 02-02-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I was hoping someone could clear up a question I have
    My friend is on pay monthly with o2 and may be due an upgrade soon, I was wondering is it possible for him to buy say two handsets (give me one) when he is due an upgrade?If he says one is for work, one is for normal, and pay just the one bill/line rental??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Hardly likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Simply, No. One contract one handset. Simple As

But if he gets a second number added to his account he could get a second handset but that would be bound by 12 month contract and he would be paying two sets of line rental a month.

If he is a VAT registered company there are some plans available but he would be better asking himself in a shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SteJay wrote: »
    I was hoping someone could clear up a question I have
    My friend is on pay monthly with o2 and may be due an upgrade soon, I was wondering is it possible for him to buy say two handsets (give me one) when he is due an upgrade?If he says one is for work, one is for normal, and pay just the one bill/line rental??

Nope, why would a company give you a phone they paid for for nothing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If he was happy with his current handset, and wanted to donate his new handset to you,,, for a small fee of course, that might suit both of you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

i've been with o2 for 8 years on pay monthly. For the last two years i've been able to get up to 3 upgrade handsets per year (1 at special upgrade rate gold, next two at silver rate) a new 12 month contract is started with each new handset, but you could get two close together. This has only been through the o2.ie website, get him to check his account there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Senna wrote: »
    i've been with o2 for 8 years on pay monthly. For the last two years i've been able to get up to 3 upgrade handsets per year (1 at special upgrade rate gold, next two at silver rate) a new 12 month contract is started with each new handset, but you could get two close together. This has only been through the o2.ie website, get him to check his account there.
    They're stopped a lot of this lately having tightened their belts upgrade wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Random wrote: »
    They're stopped a lot of this lately having tightened their belts upgrade wise.

Just checked there now, say i have two upgrades at the lowest level. I'm out of contract so i assume i could get one at the higher level (my bills are high) and still have the two online for lower level.

But changing from them soon, level of service has really dropped and very inflexible lately. They really have change, even from a few years ago.

Senna wrote: »
    Just checked there now, say i have two upgrades at the lowest level. I'm out of contract so i assume i could get one at the higher level (my bills are high) and still have the two online for lower level.

But changing from them soon, level of service has really dropped and very inflexible lately. They really have change, even from a few years ago.
    If you take an upgrade in a shop it will probably affect your upgrade ability online. Without actually seeing your account history and spend though it's hard to say for sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

If I could get the account number I may be able to help. Pm me the details and I will look into it. Upgrades are much easier to get now then they ever have been in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

Thanks for all the information guys, I'll just have to wait until he is due another upgrade and maybe buy his current phone off him.
    P.S I would never even think about giving details to anyone over the net not a hope! But thanks fo the help

• Advertisement

Would suggest you checkout the O2 forum and PM "Daryll" on that forum with your account details. Then it'll all be above board and you'll have nothing to worry about. Might even sort your upgrades out.

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

PM "Daryll" on that forum with your account details. Then it'll all be above board and you'll have nothing to worry about. Might even sort your upgrades out.

:rolleyes:

@SteJay, drop into your local phone shop and see can they help you get a new phone...., there's a few bargins to be had;)

Would suggest you checkout the O2 forum and PM "Daryll" on that forum with your account details. Then it'll all be above board and you'll have nothing to worry about. Might even sort your upgrades out.

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums
    :rolleyes:

I should probably add that the response will be biased toward O2 obviously so consider your options before jumping at anything. You will be able to get accurate information based on your account though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SteJay wrote: »
    Thanks for all the information guys, I'll just have to wait until he is due another upgrade and maybe buy his current phone off him.
    P.S I would never even think about giving details to anyone over the net not a hope! But thanks fo the help

He works for o2, hes the customer forum mod, all legit

Cheers Guys :)

krudler wrote: »
    He works for o2, hes the customer forum mod, all legit

Fine but can he come onto boards.ie and start driving customers over to the 02 site so they can be upgraded, I don't think it's fair and it's possibly in breach of the boards charter, what's goign to happen next, are we to get a Vodafone, Tesco, Meteor reps on the site encouraging people to buy online directly from the networks....what's next talktoJimmy@Vodafone.ie ....

I've no problem with Darrl helping out 02 customers but if he's here just to upgrade 02 customers i'm calling Shennagains, adverts.ie is this way >>>

Fine but can he come onto boards.ie and start driving customers over to the 02 site so they can be upgraded, I don't think it's fair and it's possibly in breach of the boards charter, what's goign to happen next, are we to get a Vodafone, Tesco, Meteor reps on the site encouraging people to buy online directly from the networks....what's next talktoJimmy@Vodafone.ie ....

I've no problem with Darrl helping out 02 customers but if he's here just to upgrade 02 customers i'm calling Shennagains, adverts.ie is this way >>>
    Call shennagains all you like but I never said I would get him an upgrade only that I will check and see what I can do. He won't get an upgrade if he is not eligible. At least with a representative from O2 on Boards we can address issues that customers are having without having to resort to speculation without it. If your jealous because 3 aren't doing it just say it instead of bashing my intentions.

By the way if your going to address my posts in the future learn to spell my name properly its not to hard its in my username and thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread :)

He won't get an upgrade if he is not eligible.

If your jealous because 3 aren't doing it just say it instead of bashing my intentions.

yes but you can organise his Upgrade, bet you can:)

It's nothing got to do with 3, it's the fact that customers are being encouraged to go to the 02 site to get there upgrade....

tbh, I think you should be given a ban, as that's what would happen to any other retailer who used boards for commerical means...

Any other retailer on boards would probably have the same opinion as me, if you want to start selling on boards, there is a commerical interaction forum and adverts.ie

yes but you can organise his Upgrade, bet you can:)

It's nothing got to do with 3, it's the fact that customers are being encouraged to go to the 02 site to get there upgrade....

tbh, I think you should be given a ban, as that's what would happen to any other retailer who used boards for commerical means...

Any other retailer on boards would probably have the same opinion as me, if you want to start selling on boards, there is a commerical interaction forum and adverts.ie
    I work for customer care not for retail and no I can't get him an upgrade if he is not eligible.

Leave it to a mod, if they don't want me on here thats fine but I still think your worng.

I work for customer care not for retail and no I can't get him an upgrade if he is not eligible.

Leave it to a mod, if they don't want me on here thats fine but I still think your worng.

Daryll your missing my point, you are a welcome addition....but people being sent over to the 02 site to get upgrades is the bit i've a problem with. I don't think it's fair to the many retailers on boards who help people out but ask for nothing in return....

I hope you can see my point....

• Advertisement

I didn't send him to the O2 site, Random did. I just asked for his account number!

I didn't send him to the O2 site, Random did. I just asked for his account number!

You shouldn't have asked for personal details off anyone on a public forum, as for Random, well that's just Random...

I am not getting dragged into this.

I am not getting dragged into this.

You've broken the Rules and no mod has pulled you up on it, I shouldn't have to be saying this to you, it's not my place...

Stop soliciting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

This has now been answered and the thread is getting closed.
    Darryl, don't ask for personal user information here.

Sam and DM - please stop with the pointless bickering, or you'll both get banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement