Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare + warez

Options
  • 02-02-2009 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

is it punished in this country to download files from warez-bb hosted from rapidshare?is it even illegal?apparently the rules regarding the download of warez differ from country to country but does any1 know the ramifications of such activity here in ireland?is it just the host server thats in the wrong or are we the ones punishable?

Recent music P2P downloading laws have me worried

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Downloading pirated software is illegal.

What are the chances of you being caught downloading pirated software uploaded to rapidshare? Little to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I'd imagine any deliberate retrieval of copyrighted data is illegal (possibly criminal, or at very least liable to civil suit). As it stands though, the likelyhood of prosecution is pretty low.
    David-21 wrote: »
    Recent music P2P downloading laws have me worried

If you're talking about Eircom's recent settlement, this has no effect on law.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,928 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This encroaches into the area of legal advice, which is a strict no-go topic on boards.ie (im sure you already are aware of that)

As you say laws from country vary; it could depend on what you are downloading or how you are downloading it. Theres no way for us to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

FruitLover wrote: »
    I'd imagine any deliberate retrieval of copyrighted data is illegal
    i never download things deliberately. It just happens. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

David-21 wrote: »
    is it even illegal?

Yes, it's illegal. Let's just leave it at that....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement