Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few new shots - C&C

• 02-02-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Went out for a walk on Sunday and brought the camera with. First time ive been out in ages. Went down to Crosshaven (Cork) and had a drive and walk around. Didnt have too much time so didnt bother setting up the tripod or anything, but might be good to go back again as there were a load of good opportunities for snaps.

Anyway, heres a few to show ye. The rest are on my flickr. Id like some C&C to see what people think, and if ye think of any other ways of gettting some shots as i will probably go back again.

Kieran

1 Power Station
    3247206203_e4a255ea84.jpg

2 Power Station
    3247205369_6c9de2da44.jpg

3 Cobh Panorama
    3248029724_35fdbe1589.jpg

4 Lighthouse
    3248026560_842285accf.jpg

5 Lighthouse
    3248024796_6f1ceac5b6.jpg

Anyone know the names of these places? Im not sure what the power Station is called (think it migt be Aghada or something like that) or what the lighthouse is called.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Not some of your best, although 1 and 3 are alright. ANy more processing to be done on them. They're pretty bland...

The new lens I sent you might help you out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Honestly I think they are ok. Thought I like no. 2.

If no. 4 was wider, would it work better?

out of topic: the two of yees confuse me, brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

rgiller wrote: »
    Not some of your best, although 1 and 3 are alright. ANy more processing to be done on them. They're pretty bland...

The new lens I sent you might help you out ;)

If youre not going to leave constructive criticism, then feck off, jerk.

Anyone else feel like sharing their opinions out loud? Id like to hear suggestions about how to improve the shots so i can go back again. Or any general c&C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

mart_max wrote: »
    Honestly I think they are ok. Thought I like no. 2.

If no. 4 was wider, would it work better?

out of topic: the two of yees confuse me, brothers?

Ya, brothers. He's just being an ass.

#4 was actually just 2 shots of the cathedral, but with different compositions (ie one with it on the right and one with it on the left). When i was going through the photos, i thought it might be better to stick them together. It is better this way, but youre right about making it longer. I will take a proper panorama when i go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

kgiller wrote: »
    Went out for a walk on Sunday and brought the camera with. First time ive been out in ages. Went down to Crosshaven (Cork) and had a drive and walk around. Didnt have too much time so didnt bother setting up the tripod or anything, but might be good to go back again as there were a load of good opportunities for snaps.

Anyway, heres a few to show ye. The rest are on my flickr. Id like some C&C to see what people think, and if ye think of any other ways of gettting some shots as i will probably go back again.

Kieran

1 Power Station

know the names of these places? Im not sure what the power Station is called (think it migt be Aghada or something like that) or what the lighthouse is called.

Power Station is called Aghada, the Jetty in front and Oil tanks are Whitegate Oil Refinery and the Lighthouse is Roches Point and the rocks in front of the lighthouse, you can just see the waves breaking on , (if my memory is not too poor from my sailing days) are called the Bull and Calf Rocks

• Advertisement
Advertisement