Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen vs Bono

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Utter bullsh*t. As for your previous comment about the last half dozen albums being "return to form", well considering they only released four studio efforts since Achtung Baby, with Zooropa being forgiven as it was recorded and released while still on tour realistically. Pop was really seen as the dive turkey, while All You Can't Leave Behind was seen as the return to form.

Do I agree? Not entirely, much as i enjoyed AYCLB, Atomic Bomb was self indulgent tripe with about two good songs on the entire album. Do music journalists need to grow a set? Some do, do half of the posters here that bash Bono (including you, alan) need to get their heads out of their ass before they go bashing their keyboards and passing off their opinion as actual fact, such as your last two recent posts regarding U2?

Absolutely! :D

Some of my post(s) included hyperbole :)
    I despise Bono . It's something I think I can perhapd only get across in person without being banned from the internet.
    nipplenuts wrote: »

Very good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,936 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That guy made a pretty good attempt at Bruce's voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

I despise Bono . It's something I think I can perhapd only get across in person without being banned from the internet.

Very good :D
    DESPISE Bono !!! Jeez thats a bit harsh isn't it ... what did he ever do on you!

I think your jealous he's a millionaire rockstar with several mansions, a pretty wife and kids and has the respect of the music industry and politicians .... oooooooooohhhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

just want to take this chance to say the springsteen and bono are the two most over talked about subjects on boards in my short time here
    every second thread. just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Bono V Springsteen

No comparison really.

Come back to me when Bono is still going strong after a 40 year career of knock out, ever-changing music and amazing performances. U2 don't even compete when compared to the Boss for live shows. U2's sound has remained the same, and tbh I find it monotonous and boring. They haven't been good since the 80's.

I agree. Bono couldn't write Racing in the Street, not in a million years. And this song provides the evidence of what the IT writer is saying, it was written by a 27-y-old who could imagine what its like to be 40-something still with the same girl.

For reference also listen to Kingdom of Days from the current album, same thread of thought - same character except he's got to that age and found that he's grown up to enjoy his life?

I like U2, but they're hardly in the same lyrical league.

• Advertisement

davylee wrote: »
    just want to take this chance to say the springsteen and bono are the two most over talked about subjects on boards in my short time here
    every second thread. just my opinion
    Y'think new albums by each anything to do with it? :)

belated welcome to boards.

mars bar wrote: »
    That guy made a pretty good attempt at Bruce's voice!

Ben Stiller?

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Y'think new albums by each anything to do with it? :)

belated welcome to boards.
    fair enough
    kings of leon
    coldplay
    ac/dc
    Franz ferdinand
    snow patrol
    killers
    etc etc
    lots of new albums around
    just always seems to be about bruce and bono from what i've seen
    I must try mix it up a little

And thank you for my welcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Both have made some average at best music but Bono's a wanker so Bruce wins.
    agreed bonos full of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

davylee wrote: »
    fair enough
    kings of leon
    coldplay
    ac/dc
    Franz ferdinand
    snow patrol
    killers
    etc etc
    lots of new albums around
    just always seems to be about bruce and bono from what i've seen
    I must try mix it up a little

And thank you for my welcome:)

To be fair, they are on a different scale from the others you mentioned.

• Advertisement

To be fair, they are on a different scale from the others you mentioned.
    Thats a matter of opinion but i suppose that would be the general feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I don't agree with a lot of Bono's sh*te outside of the music industry either, but despise is a little harsh, fact of the matter is, U2 produced some great music while we were producing utter sh*te like Boyzone, The Cranberries and even f*cking Dana.

But i don't ever see bashing threads on Delores and Dana, it's kinda pitiful really.
    Your comments are based because you "despise" one member of a four piece band is somewhat pitiful, and tragic. Now Alan we've had good debates and conversation before (so you know none of this is personal), but some of your comments were just based out of personal preference, which there is nothing wrong with.

But facts speak differently, a whole lot differently. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Shawn, there's a difference between Bono-bashing and U2-bashing :)
    In my absolute humble opinion of course.

(ps. I was drunk when I posted that if it counts :p)

How great is "Radio Nowhere" ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭lurrrvs2sp00ge

thermo66 wrote: »
    DESPISE Bono !!! Jeez thats a bit harsh isn't it ... what did he ever do on you!

I think your jealous he's a millionaire rockstar with several mansions, a pretty wife and kids and has the respect of the music industry and politicians .... oooooooooohhhhhh!!

Plus as its been said before, he is the world record for biggest crap ever taken

Advertisement