Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Starbar

• 02-02-2009 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭

starbar-wr.jpg

Oh the unsung gem of the choco bar world. Whenever i mention the starbar in a topical conversation about great bars, people just stare blankly. Surely im not the only one who things these things are the cats pyjamas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lovely, but tasted better in the old brown wrappers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

chupacabra wrote: »
    starbar-wr.jpg

Oh the unsung gem of the choco bar world.

QFT

I always thought they were delightfully moreish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

YUM!

Starbars were always one of my favourites.
    Bloody tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

These bars are yummy! Have to eat the chocolate first then the inside :):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Hmmmmm Starbars. Very more-ish.

Would love one now! Moro's never quite cut it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

nothing can beat a pocket warmed starbar

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Starbar's ftw! Damn, I'd love one now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 higgo1888

cant beat a cup of tea and a starbar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Shulgin wrote: »
    YUM!

Starbars were always one of my favourites.
    Bloody tasty!

+1:D

the only chocolate i buy these days are starbars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

didnt they change their name to peanut moro or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Magic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yeah they changed the name to Moro Peanut, then brought back Starbar. Now they have both on shelves.

But as somebody said there's nothing like a pocket warmed Starbar with a mug a tea. Nummy nummy num nums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nice bar, always a kind of a sweet but a nice roasted taste as well with the nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Only ever had one of these in my life because I am very partial to the Moro. But it was fairly nice though. No Moro now, but nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lovely bars and underated like the picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

aw man, when they're melting and the toffee is soft.............yummy bummy..........

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

starbar was called a nunch when it first came out...useless bit of information there,but there you go...hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

Ah Starbar.... my absolute favourite chocolate bar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

The fresher the better, with Starbar.
    Whats the difference between the red Moro & Starbar?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lads im addicted to them. Im eating 2 or 3 every day, i cant stop :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

The fresher the better, with Starbar.
    Whats the difference between the red Moro & Starbar?

/awaits punchline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 manopie

Om nom nom, I was just trawling the web looking for starbars and happened upon this lovely thread. What is it with Cadbury? I've never seen these advertised on tv and it's hard to find a mention of them even on their own website.

Then I found this thread which led me to something called starbar man.

I can almost never find them locally so this might be the answer, just need to find a reason to buy 24 of them at once ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Passenger wrote: »
    Yeah they changed the name to Moro Peanut, then brought back Starbar. Now they have both on shelves.

I'm glad you said this. I thought I saw both on the shelf a while back and thought I'd imagined it. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Starbar is the King of Confectionary. There was a brief period where I believe they were unavailable but there was no godawful fake nostalgic campaign to bring it back (viz. Wispa and Mint Feasts). It was so awesome that it spoke for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This bar was as blatant as the dark & white chocolate mars bar that tapped me on the shoulder and disappeared as quickly.

Surely this is the bar of the century.

I have not had one in a while due to holiday dieting. I will have one on my return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Jhazon

Not available in Canada (appear to be eat up before export).... as a chocolate bar connaisseur and looking forward to visiting an Ireland market soon! BTW, here in my county in Canada, is the factory that invented the first commerical chocolate bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye Starbars are quite nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I use to love these until a girl in school told me someone had found a millipede/centipede(cant really remember it was 10 years ago) in one before.She scarred me for life and I haven't been able to eat one since :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I use to love these until a girl in school told me someone had found a millipede/centipede(cant really remember it was 10 years ago) in one before.She scarred me for life and I haven't been able to eat one since :(

Those are prizes!

Soft Starbars can't be beat. Mmmmm.

More useless trivia, they used to be called Boost bars in Britain. There was Peanut Boost (Starbar to you and me), Biscuit Boost (the so-so Moro) and then regular Boost, can't remember what was in that one, but we had that Boost here in Ireland in the 80s too.

They were cool in the old brown wrapper, and the ad on TV had a big giant Starbar flying through space. Uber-tasty giant flying space bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement