Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repairing circular disk scratches

• 02-02-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

My copy of COD4 has a scratch around the disc, about half way from the edge. I knocked my XBox while the disk was spinning. It still plays up to certain point, and I can only get 1 or 2 MP games without getting an error mesage and having to restart it. Is there anyway to fix it, or someone who will fix it?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Don't think so. I bought a preowned game before that had that on it and the guy behind the till exchagned it. I think it's a game breaker, resurfacing the disc proably won't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I think the best way would be to lend another copy (friend or xtravision), install it on hdd and use your copy to boot the game. As long as you have original it legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

docentore wrote: »
    I think the best way would be to lend another copy (friend or xtravision), install it on hdd and use your copy to boot the game. As long as you have original it legal

Silly question , how does one do this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

While the disk is in the tray. Go to My xbox, press Y on the game, install to hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

If it's not a deep scratch, you can try the good old toothpaste trick. Get a bit of toothpaste and something to wipe with like some kitchen roll and rub it on the spot. You'll scratch off some unused layers and hopefully, your scratch will be gone. If it's a deep one, then there's nothing you can really do about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

hey same thing happened to me.

Game in the ilac centre in dublin fixed it for me, cost a tenner.
    hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Thanks guys.
    I thought about copying it to the HDD, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Might just buy a second hand one, install it, then return it!
    I'd never heard of that toothpaste trick, but I think its too deep for that.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Thanks guys.
    I thought about copying it to the HDD, but cant seem to find it anywhere. Might just buy a second hand one, install it, then return it!
    I'd never heard of that toothpaste trick, but I think its too deep for that.

Seems you need an update to do it.

Installing now and will report back.

Yep, there now after the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I had a problem with my cod4 disc except its was my own fault my daughter tends to use discs as ice skates she went medi evil on cod4 in particular. I was going to do the extra vision trick I was in game and hear the assistant talking about repairing games .

they have this machine, they put the disc in and it takes about 10 minutes and the disc comes out as new.
    it cost 5euro, or 3 for 10 .

Well worth it games works perfect (for now! )

• Advertisement
Advertisement