Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

China for 3months, Visa App Question. Please Help

• 02-02-2009 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm hoping someone can help me as I can't ever get through on the phone or get a reply from the Chinese Embassy in Ireland.

I'm looking to travel to China at the end of March and stay for 3 months...

On a normal tourist Visa you can stay for 3months... but is that classed as 90 days or 3 calender months....?

My flight leaves on the 26th March but I don't arrive in China till the 27th, so which day do I put on the Visa Application.... I know it might be a stupid question but I've been told a few different stories from a few different people and now very confused..!

So if I'm leaving on the 26th what would be the latest my return flight can be... would it be the 27th June or 90 days after I arrived in China.

On the website it says the Visa is valid for 3months from the day of issue.... this also has me confused... as if I get my Visa on the 16th Feb does that mean I have to be in China and leaving within 3months of that day or do you have to arrive in China within 90 days but then have a further 90 days to stay...... If that makes any sense......

Please please any help would be much appreciated as I've tried everything now and running out of time and options.... :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Only 97% sure but when you get the visa it'll actually have your entry/departure dates on it. They'll ask you what day you land (the same day you'll have your passport stamped) and it'll be 90 days from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eagle2508

Ah ok I understand, thanks for your help.!

One last question... If I needed to extend my stay by maybe a couple weeks how difficult is it to get done.... The Airline said it wouldn't be a problem extending my return flight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yes you can extend your visa once there by visiting the local Public Security Bureau.

To be honest Boards.ie prob isn't the best place for these type of questions. I'd advide asking in Trip Advisor or a China-dedicated forum like this one :

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=26871

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Its pretty straightforward extending it with the PSB in china. about 30 quid I think and 2 passport size photos. They cancel the existing visa and issue you with a new 30 day visa (maybe thats 90 days now, see below*)

But when you are applying for the visa they will ask for your flight dates so you'll actually have to book a flight out of the country before applying for the visa, or at the very least have some sort of documentation to prove you will be leaving the country within the 3 months and then extend your flights while you are in the country, know what i mean?

*also, are they still giving out 3 month visas? i wasnt aware that they lifted their visa restrictions after the olympics...

Advertisement