Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So who's school is closing?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

Anyone's school closing tomorrow because of the snow?

Mine might aparently, depending on the morning, theres a good few in and around wexford who have decided to close already.

Snow day during the mocks wouldnt be all bad i guess

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Mine closed third class today.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

I think my schools closing tomorrow, although our mocks don't start until next week!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Grrrr, mine didn't close today! I wish! There was plenty of snow, snowballs and snowmen galore!
    I mightn't be able to go in tomorrow though if it's snowing again. The roads are far too dangerous it seems. Which suits me alright. But the school shall be open!

I assume you're from wexford OP? (hint is in the name..). Yeah. Well so am I.. Got a few texts from people this afternoon who got to go home because of the snow.. LUCKY!

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i wish mine was closed, dont think im going to be able to get in, my boyfriend crashed my car this morning after bringing me in and had to pull a motorcyclist from under someones car so eh dont think ill risk that happening tomorrow(weather supposed to get worse tonight):mad: also the buses from here might not be running, which sucks because ive a biology exam at 8.30 that i studyed m ass off for:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

No it's actually going against us. We were supposed to have a nice half day tomorrow because of rugby but right now, it'll probably be cancelled and we'll have to have a full day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

mine wasn't closed and probably won't close.
    if it was another day it would have been closed i would say, but the whole school is doing exams at the moment (we don't do xmas ones) so they kept it open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

bythewoods wrote: »
    Grrrr, mine didn't close today! I wish! There was plenty of snow, snowballs and snowmen galore!
    I mightn't be able to go in tomorrow though if it's snowing again. The roads are far too dangerous it seems. Which suits me alright. But the school shall be open!

I assume you're from wexford OP? (hint is in the name..). Yeah. Well so am I.. Got a few texts from people this afternoon who got to go home because of the snow.. LUCKY!

Yep sure am, where abouts you from?!

My aunt was supposed to do corrections around wexford for lcvp tomorrow, but most of the schools have decided to close already, but havnt bothered telling the students until the morn.......just to ruin the sleep in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

timmywex wrote: »
    Yep sure am, where abouts you from?!

My aunt was supposed to do corrections around wexford for lcvp tomorrow, but most of the schools have decided to close already, but havnt bothered telling the students until the morn.......just to ruin the sleep in

The bad part.
    Ha, no, there's no bad parts of Wexford, what am I saying?
    Around New Ross, somewhat.
    I go to school in Waterford though. Munster's just an awful provence, their damn lack of sufficient snow for a snow day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

School will be open but, I think the teachers won't come in as most of them live outside Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Mine made a mess of today, we got in and they told the sixth years we could go home, all country girls were told its prob gonna be worse later...
    I was one of two remaining sixth eyars after lunch ( lift wasn't able to come until then). They had us doing supervised study from 12.
    And pointless study classes before that.
    Waste of a day tbh.
    School not open tomorrow, from what i hear, Bridgetown isn't opening until Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If only. They wouldn't dare close in the middle of the mocks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My school's in southeast Dublin, so while ther was snow on the grounds it's too near the sea to be particularly drastic. I did have an argument with my French teacher when she saw me coming in the door in trackie bottoms under my skirt. I can't believe the school cares more about its "image" (I still don't believe the claims that they get phonecalls complaining about us not wearing correct uniform, like the people of Donnybrook give a hoot what we wear) that its Leaving Cert students not getting frostbite during exams :(

School not open tomorrow, from what i hear, Bridgetown isn't opening until Thursday.

Thats a scandal.....typical bridgetown

looking out the window, i think all schools will be closed, theres about 3 inches in my garden! Hopefully the roads are covered aswell! But i do sorta wana get the mocks over with!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Piste wrote: »
    I did have an argument with my French teacher when she saw me coming in the door in trackie bottoms under my skirt. I can't believe the school cares more about its "image" (I still don't believe the claims that they get phonecalls complaining about us not wearing correct uniform, like the people of Donnybrook give a hoot what we wear) that its Leaving Cert students not getting frostbite during exams :(

our school is exactly like that too... except not quite donnybrook, bit more of bray... it was put in the school rules this year that we are not allowed wear pyjamas under our uniform... how it affects our studying, i don't really understand.
    but today everyone has trackie bottoms + uggs on with their uniforms, they tried to say it to the younger years to take them off but didn't even bother with us, they knew it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

My school never closes....EVER... so im really doubting that ill be able to stay home. Soooo please for the love of god trains don't run tomorrow please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

please god!
    i've got english paper 2 tomorrow!
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Doubt the school will be closed but one way or another I'll be taking the day off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

It was snowing lightly all day and but 3pm it was getting pretty heavy.. too bad none of it was sticking though. Maybe the roads might be dangerous tomorrow *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Piste wrote: »
    I did have an argument with my French teacher when she saw me coming in the door in trackie bottoms under my skirt. I can't believe the school cares more about its "image" (I still don't believe the claims that they get phonecalls complaining about us not wearing correct uniform, like the people of Donnybrook give a hoot what we wear) that its Leaving Cert students not getting frostbite during exams :(

My old principal is like that. She used to have spare skirts in her office that she'd force on anyone who came in wearing tracksuit bottoms. She also used to take the school hoodies off anyone who wore them in and charge them a fiver to get them back. We also got that "residents of Terenure/Templeogue are complaining when they see you out of uniform". If she took your phone it was gone for 2 weeks and a parent had to come in and get it. Schools are arseholes. Their image is much more important than whether or not you get pneumonia from walking to school in your freezing cold skirt.

/rant

Yay snow!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Oh we got that too! 6th years wear green sock and 1st to 5th wear navy. If any 6th year wore navy socks on a day where they just couldn't find any green ones we'd get a lecture.

One day me and my friends got lectured about the length of our skirts all of which sat just at our knees. That we should be setting an example for the younger years. Whereas we'd all had the same length skirts for 6 years.

I think you need a degree in being ridiculous to be principal.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean the skirts have to be ankle length?? :eek: Cos that is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

i agree please let my school close tomorro oh ppl have mocks already eek.our principle and year heads suck balls they banned school hoodies 4 all years except ty's and scarfs! they are aload of.....
    funny how every teacher gave up on 6th years with hoodies and scarfs like you see a 1st year gettin stuff taken and you walk past havin same clothin eg hoody under blazar and scarf and say hi to the teacher and they reply mornin and dont say a word

Every school in wexford is closed.........no mocks for me:D:D

Mental snowball fight coming me thinks! :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Mine's open but I can't get to it :mad:

stupid Dublin bus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Our school has a skirt down to almost the ankles.
    Leggings underneath are banned as they look bad(apparently).
    As is wearing black/navy tights.
    Must be green.
    However our point is that green tights cost like €7 and navy ones cost a lot less and are hella easier to find!!

Waheyyyyyy!

My school's actually open today, but I'm at home, drinking tea and wearing pyjamas. Would have been too dangerous to try make my way down!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Mine did! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mine didn't close, but we got off 20 minutes early for "safety reason":D, had an hour long running snowball battle home with about 12 of us and loads of randomers along the way.:cool:

Advertisement