Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubbing

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Just looking for ideas for clubs to go to on a Friday/Saturday night. I'm not from Limerick so the only one i'm familiar with is Trinity Rooms but I found it a bit crowded and looking for somewhere a bit less packed. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

friday trinity rooms will be far from packed, town isnt very busy on a friday night any more. saturday night they will all be fairly similar in crowd size. other options are angel lane, Icon, smaller then is aubars and scarlett, older crowd is the sin bin and the tatler club(teds).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Angel lane is my recommendation and its in a good area with a few good bars and if the queue is too big the Icon nightclub is only around the corner.

Denmark Street. Download Google Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

90 % of so called clubs in Limerick are all pretty much the same besides Baker place which get djs from all around Europe playing house, funk, drum and bass, techno etc.

Dolans Warehouse do some great live bands and completlly different crowd from the other night time haunts.

Trinity do the odd good dj and live gig and play some cool grooves....everywhere else is a more or less a meat market, fills up from 1 AM to close, bad value for money and based on selling drink with music supplied by your local Jimmy Disco where you might as well have an ipod on repeat and not much variety in these places or value for money for the clubber so it depends what your up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

90 % of so called clubs in Limerick are all pretty much the same besides Baker place which get djs from all around Europe playing house, funk, drum and bass, techno etc.

Dolans Warehouse do some great live bands and completlly different crowd from the other night time haunts.

Trinity do the odd good dj and live gig and play some cool grooves....everywhere else is a more or less a meat market, fills up from 1 AM to close, bad value for money and based on selling drink with music supplied by your local Jimmy Disco where you might as well have an ipod on repeat and not much variety in these places or value for money for the clubber so it depends what your up for.

well said, DJ scotch egg in bakers last thursday was ****in class!!!! rest of the nightclubs just have the same music, mixed in the same style that a 16 year old does in the local country pubs, although trooms does get some top notch dj's too.
    Icon?? hellhole!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

RINO87 wrote: »
    well said, DJ scotch egg in bakers last thursday was ****in class!!!! rest of the nightclubs just have the same music, mixed in the same style that a 16 year old does in the local country pubs, although trooms does get some top notch dj's too.
    Icon?? hellhole!

Yeah Trinity do get some great djs and cater for a good mixed crowd, at the end of the day we have a small population.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I miss the good old days of great house dj's every week in Dolans, the likes of kerri Chandler, Fish Go Deep, Kenny Carpenter etc. No club has come close to it since although Bakers is quite good, just doesn't fill the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Was in Trinity Rooms the other night. The place was a cresch. Felt the nightclub was some sting set up by the cops to catch paedophiles. I was vigilant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well its known most of the Market crowd went to Trooms after it closed, because they werent allowed into Icon!

Having a bad experience in Icon, i still would go there over Anal Pain, Trooms or any other for that matter!

But avoid the credit crunch and stay in a later bar, like Nancys! Or if you really want to go to a club, try Costelloes haha its only a fiver in!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There's not much to separate Angel Lane, Icon & T Rooms on music policy at the weekends, it's a predominantly young pissed up crowd. I prefer a late bar these days but will make the effort to go to Dolans if there's a good gig on.

i find there aint much of the chart ****e played in t-rooms though. its the first thing i notice when i go to somewhere like icon. plus theres usually something funky going on out in the bar part

EDIT: interesting, it blocked out part of a word.
    test:
    ****zu puppy

****take mushrooms...

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Has no one mentioned mollys yet?

not really a club, they play theyre music from youtube for christs sake!

1huge1 wrote: »
    i wonder why.................... :pac:

Mollys. I lol'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Well its known most of the Market crowd went to Trooms after it closed, because they werent allowed into Icon!

Having a bad experience in Icon, i still would go there over Anal Pain, Trooms or any other for that matter!

But avoid the credit crunch and stay in a later bar, like Nancys! Or if you really want to go to a club, try Costelloes haha its only a fiver in![/QUOT

Nothing wrong with Costelloes,at least you dont have to look at birds like this dancing to the latest Lady Gaga song

http://www.magsbaylan.com/orange3_fn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

jackncoke wrote: »

But avoid the credit crunch and stay in a later bar, like Nancys! Or if you really want to go to a club, try Costelloes haha its only a fiver in![/QUOT

Nothing wrong with Costelloes,at least you dont have to look at birds like this dancing to the latest Lady Gaga song

I love Costelloes myself much more than any of the other clubs in town.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Or listen to that ****e song by Beyonce!!:rolleyes::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I wudnt actually know what song you're referring to

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I actually retched at that picture :(

skin_cancer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

lumpa%202.jpg

More of them :D

Seriously though, the selection of nightclubs in Limerick is pretty poor these days.

Another thing I have noticed though is that since this recession hit us bouncers are not as fussy as to who they leave in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Costelloes? Probably ok if you have absolutely zero interest in hygiene or fire safety. Personally (and from having been there too many times to count over the past 5 years) I would never set foot in there again. In my opinion, the place is filthy, the music is dire and the crowd have turned from a friendly group of alternative types to pretentious student ****. Costelloes can go **** itself, 5 euro entry or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Mollys. I lol'd.
    Not as much as I did when you said you found the girls at sexton street cbs easy to score with even though its a all boys school...

Not as much as I did when you said you found the girls at sexton street cbs easy to score with even though its a all boys school...

Says the guy who didn't know where Lisburn was and had to google it. Good one Christopher Columbus! Mistakes happen.

20fx847.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

DarkJager wrote: »
    Costelloes? Probably ok if you have absolutely zero interest in hygiene or fire safety. Personally (and from having been there too many times to count over the past 5 years) I would never set foot in there again. In my opinion, the place is filthy, the music is dire and the crowd have turned from a friendly group of alternative types to pretentious student ****. Costelloes can go **** itself, 5 euro entry or not.

Ditto. Absolute Kip.

ah now, havent a bad word to say about costelloes!!! you know what your gettin like!!

bakers being free on a thursday has completely robbed costelloes thursday crowd, you couldnt get into the underground after 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Anyone any idea what Aubars is like at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

Aubars is good, they've just renovated the club and the decor is lovely. Crowd would be late twenties & older, music is pretty average charts stuff at the weekends.

The club is free before midnight but do expect to pay 50 c to a €1 over the odds for your drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Ya the drink is more expensive alright.

I heard a rumour the the Sinbin was closing, anyone heard the same?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Jaysus, hvnt been to Sinbin in two years..if anyone asked me I would have said place had closed down!

Advertisement