Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubbing

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Just like every other pub and club in town it is suffering but it's not closing at all. It's even hosting Celebrity jigs and reels next Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

DarkJager wrote: »
    Costelloes? Probably ok if you have absolutely zero interest in hygiene or fire safety. Personally (and from having been there too many times to count over the past 5 years) I would never set foot in there again. In my opinion, the place is filthy, the music is dire and the crowd have turned from a friendly group of alternative types to pretentious student ****. Costelloes can go **** itself, 5 euro entry or not.

Gotta agree with this. I ended up there on Saturday, and couldnt believe how bad the place has gone tbh. The crowd was the only good thing the place had going for it, but now its lost that atmosphere. I've been there a few times since last summer, but cant see myself going back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Is bakers any good? never been there

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

Heyyyy, What about the new titty bar on Thomas st.:eek:;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1huge1 wrote: »
    Is bakers any good? never been there

Baker's is great, simply because of the variety offered by the 3 bars on the premises. The Wicked Chicken always seems to have good, alternative-to-the-mainstream DJs, plus the candles on red lights make it stand out from any other bar in Limerick. Baker's itself does rockier music, nearly always a live act/local band, might not always suit your tastes if you don't like metal bands. I've only been in the Underground once, wasn't there long enough to get a real impression of it, but I've heard great things about nights spent there.

/my 2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

the nightclub in bakers is worse than Costellos!!! Waaaaaaaay worse!

Daffys is good if ya can get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tof2006

I thought Daffys was closed for good ? Any update on that.

Underground is nice and propose interesting music choices ( not all to my taste, but at least they don't play the same radio tunes every night of the week for a full year) , with different DJ/style every weeks, a good spot to finish the night after Bakers or the Wicked.

Daffys is an absolute dive though too, but at least they serve until like 5!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

tof2006 wrote: »
    I thought Daffys was closed for good ? Any update on that.
    There has been a sign saying ¨closed for renovations¨ up for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Trinity Rooms is the best available imo.. the R'n'B room is great. Pity it's 12euro in!!

Bakers- can't stand the place! Just not my scene..
    Costello's(the nightclub upstairs) is an absolute kip! Terrible pints.. terrible music.. It's usually full of Bakers clientel when Bakers closes, so it's a bit like a rock disco if yer into that.

Molly's is a kip.. full of stupidly drunk students. Sunday nights in there resemble Energiser 'disco' for the kiddies!

Sin Bin is a great place.. but an older crowd. Mojo's seems like a cool place, only been there once though.

Tbh, most places empty out after 12 and everyone goes to Trinity Rooms.

• Advertisement

Forgot about d'icon!! :D

Mollys would be fine if they sorted out the young wans that go in there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

eroo wrote: »
    Trinity Rooms is the best available imo.. the R'n'B room is great. Pity it's 12euro in!!

Bakers- can't stand the place! Just not my scene..
    Costello's(the nightclub upstairs) is an absolute kip! Terrible pints.. terrible music.. It's usually full of Bakers clientel when Bakers closes, so it's a bit like a rock disco if yer into that.

Molly's is a kip.. full of stupidly drunk students. Sunday nights in there resemble Energiser 'disco' for the kiddies!

Sin Bin is a great place.. but an older crowd. Mojo's seems like a cool place, only been there once though.

Tbh, most places empty out after 12 and everyone goes to Trinity Rooms.

everyone that is 17/18 does goes to "trinners",so you're obviously in that age bracket

the music in Costelloes music isnt terrible,its alot better than any of the other crap which is played elsewhere and at least you dont have to put up with any of the tangoed drunk 18 year old muppets

jackncoke wrote: »
    everyone that is 17/18 does goes to "trinners",so you're obviously in that age bracket

the music in Costelloes music isnt terrible,its alot better than any of the other crap which is played elsewhere and at least you dont have to put up with any of the tangoed drunk 18 year old muppets

I'm 18 but I would disagree.. I've seen plenty of people in there who are in there 20's. The age bracket is really 18-22 imo.

If you think there aren't 'tangoed drunk' 17 and 18 year olds in Costello's, then you obviously haven't taken note of the fact they don't have any door security.. nor do they ask for ID. The place is ridiculous imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

im 18 and they wont allow me into trinners , i have never got in once !!

even with my passport and my garda they never let me in ????

its really annoying:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

CRAIG07 wrote: »
    im 18 and they wont allow me into trinners , i have never got in once !!

even with my passport and my garda they never let me in ????

its really annoying:mad::mad:

Your not missing out on much, believe me.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Your not missing out on much, believe me.

Depends.. if it's not your scene that doesn't mean it wont be someone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

DJ Yoda, Scroobius Pip Vs Dan Le Sac, groove armada, Hot chip, Schnitzel comedy club, Alabama 3, Rubber bandits ;), etc etc.
    missing nothing :rolleyes:
    most of the other "clubs" stick on whatever is the latest number of now thats what i call music, and charge you more for the privilege.
    lets not go down the club argument road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

A lot of people on this topic are young....Your not really mentioning some good places.

Angel Lane was good at the start when it was an older crowd. Now it's 21's, and it's got a 3rd/4th year student crowd some nights of the week. It's pretty dead most of the time anyways, and the full night club is rarely opened during the week. Saturday night can be good, but it's very tempermental...Plus the music is virtually the same every night!! I think it might just be the same playlist!! It's a pity coz it's a really cool place. And the bouncers are dead on!

My scene personally is Bakers/Riddlers/Wicked Chicken/Costello's/ Dolans(on a good night, otherwise usually a waste of money)/ or the underground. If you get a good band in Dolans, it's worth the money. Same goes for alot of these places. I hate paying cover charge for an empty or ****y night!

On a more mainstream side, I do go to Icon a bit. Bouncers can be a bit strict, on ID/dress code/ drunk. If there is a band playing in Smyths before hand, or if there is a rugby match on, your guarenteed a decent sized crowd. There's ususally bands on a Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. Sometimes people bitch about The Icon because they've been to mor disco (free student night on a tuesday) and not even students like students after second year. Icon can be a good option during the week, if you go to Smyths before 11/11.30 you'll usually get into the Icon after for free through there. It's on 7 nights too. Same dance pop music as everywhere, but a better crowd...and not a creche like most places in town ie mollys and trinners. But at least if you can't get in, you can always try those places... Oh, go on a night when free beer are on in Smyths!!! Savage night guarenteed!! I wouldn't go to Mollys if I was paid!! And during college term, Trinners is almost as bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Do Wan

Angel Lane is a kip. I'm barred from thre cos i had the audacity to exchange phone numbers with a female worker in there,who had also caught the eye of the head bouncer. Refused me entry the next week with no reason and still refuses to let me in. Shower of fu*king gowls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Do Wan wrote: »
    Angel Lane is a kip. I'm barred from thre cos i had the audacity to exchange phone numbers with a female worker in there,who had also caught the eye of the head bouncer. Refused me entry the next week with no reason and still refuses to let me in. Shower of fu*king gowls

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

eroo wrote: »
    I'm 18 but I would disagree.. I've seen plenty of people in there who are in there 20's. The age bracket is really 18-22 imo.

If you think there aren't 'tangoed drunk' 17 and 18 year olds in Costello's, then you obviously haven't taken note of the fact they don't have any door security.. nor do they ask for ID. The place is ridiculous imo.

actually mate they do ask for id and its the owner and his son at the door who only leave in people they have seen before. the scumbags who usually end up in "trinners" or "d'icon" wouldnt be aloud into costelloes

icon trinity and angel lane are practically the same place that cater for the overflow crowd of idiots from eachother.

if u like nancys or micky martins then youd most likely be into costeloes or bakers. if u like mollys most likely ud be into trinners or icon.

but thats a generalisation. i like mollys but love costeloes

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

louloumc89 wrote: »
    A lot of people on this topic are young....Your not really mentioning some good places.
    ++
    Wicked Chicken/Mickey Martins/White House and Charlies myself
    louloumc89 wrote: »
    On a more mainstream side, I do go to Icon a bit. Bouncers can be a bit strict, on ID/dress code/ drunk.

Carrying I.D is an essential (nearly 27 and still do). Dress code not so much (well not as bad as it was a few years ago) and the drunk thing is covering their own ass or they dont like your face

Paulegend wrote: »
    if u like nancys or micky martins then youd most likely be into costeloes or bakers. if u like mollys most likely ud be into trinners or icon

If you like Nancys, you are more than likely staying there as its a late bar or headin to the Icon!

You are right on for Mickeys though, most would head up to Costello's from there!

Advertisement