Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best/Worst January signings

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭anladmór

Quaresma is a donkey. He has no substance and only excelled in a sub-standard league. He failed with Barca, failed with Internazionale and will fail with Chelsea. He is not a big league player.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm not having a go Bubs buy I have to agree with anladmór, I guess I would like to see another top player every week in the prem but i'm afraid he's not it. At the moment at least, because he definately has the ability to be a top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

anladmór wrote: »
    Quaresma is a donkey. He has no substance and only excelled in a sub-standard league. He failed with Barca, failed with Internazionale and will fail with Chelsea. He is not a big league player.

He failed with Barca because he refused to play under Rijkaard, he may be a twat, but he's a good player, and may be exactly what Chelsea need. However there is an element of truth to what your saying, he is unproven at the highest level.

Zigic and Diarra have proven the most so far after their winter transfers, I'll look forward to seeing Quaresma, Arshavin and Heskey in action though.

I think Shay Given and Timo Hildebrand could both be excellent signings for their respective clubs. Hildebrand had a nightmare with valencia but I'm convinced he's a deadly keeper and Shay well the guy is incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The way to look at Quaresma is three questions

A) is he talented
    B) Can he be worse than Malouda
    C) Does he know the manager

I don't see how he's a bad signing considering he's free, has Inter and Barca on his CV and his behaviour problems should be taped by Scolari

Fair points, perhaps just perhaps he could do well, maby english football would suit him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

it was reported that quaresma and scolari didnt get on. He never started a game in the euros and when he did they were already winning or comfortable. He was never brought on chasing the game....

Advertisement