Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say what you like about THFC

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

They do put their hands in their pockets.

Defoe
    Cudicini
    Palacios
    Chimbonda
    Keane

I don't agree with every signing but I still have to admit that the above is a serious investment. All done under tight timeframes.

THFC need to be given credit for making the above happen and not standing still. Even though they caused the crisis we find ourselves in, credit where credit is due.

I feel now more than ever that we will stay up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Good signings indeed, but are they out of pocket for chimbonda, cudicini, keane and defoe?

Thought that with sell on and buy back clauses they didnt really lose money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Good signings indeed, but are they out of pocket for chimbonda, cudicini, keane and defoe?

Thought that with sell on and buy back clauses they didnt really lose money

The balance sheet will still show a loss on Defoe, I think we break even on Chimbonda and we make £5m on Keane.

I don't think we'd have done as much business as we did if it wasn't for the ability to write off outstanding debt, but there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Galway Spur

They do put their hands in their pockets.

Defoe
    Cudicini
    Palacios
    Chimbonda
    Keane

I don't agree with every signing but I still have to admit that the above is a serious investment. All done under tight timeframes.

THFC need to be given credit for making the above happen and not standing still. Even though they caused the crisis we find ourselves in, credit where credit is due.

I feel now more than ever that we will stay up.

Totally agree, Dublin. Harry knows what he wants and how to work the Chairman too. We're in a much better position now anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Now all we need to do is start performing well, and stop losing to any team that actually tries to beat us.

Advertisement