Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ADSL] Line got hit by lightning!

Options
  • 02-02-2009 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭

hi,

two weeks ago during the storm telephone wire got hit blew my modem, ethernet card and usb attached to modem. Got new stuff, broadband speed down to between 50 and 250 kbps. Modem still syncs at 1740. Got engineer out who tried his own modem which synched at 1720, he says no problem and leaves. try to explain to him that download speeds are massively down but no joy. Check the modem and my line Attenuation has changed from 62/31 to 68/31 does that mean the line has been effected by the strike? What do i do now?
    also crc errors are over 2000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Did you check if any of the filters were damaged or anything else connected to the phoneline in the house?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've edited your thread title to make it abit more clear to people, sounds like it has changed something alright.

I'd say test with a new ADSL filter and remove any other telephony devices so just use one filter and modem and see how things are then as something else may have been damaged

Advertisement