Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat pads

Options
  • 02-02-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

hey, has anyone else gotten heat pads for their pets? i got one for my very elderly cat and she loves it - she seems to have more ease of movement and doesn't use the younger cat as a pillow/warm body to cuddle up to anymore.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

Yep every one of my snakes have one. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I never heard of them but they sound nice....

I wonder is there a human version.. probably the hot water bottle:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I bought one for my greyhound & my Saluki kept sneaking onto it so I had to buy a second one. It gave the postman a good laugh as the box had a logo for the electric blanket for your dog.

My dogs sleep in a kitchen that can get cold & 22 watts for 2 beds is a cheap way of keeping them warm.

The Human version is an all night heated duvet - sheer heaven !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭sarahirl

artieanna wrote: »
    I never heard of them but they sound nice....

I wonder is there a human version.. probably the hot water bottle:D:D

true!! people in pet stores told me to wrap up a hot water bottle and put the cat ontop of it.... i don't think she likes water beds so gave up on that pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You can get a heat pad that you put in the microwave but it only stays warm for a while. The heat pads I use, from Petnap on ebay, are excellent & the dogs love them. I have them plugged in to a thermostat so that they come automatically at lower temperatures.
    They use a tiny amount of power, work using 12 volt so they are safe & give a gentle background warmth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement