Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truphone on N96

• 02-02-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Don't have a clue on tech matters so any help would be appreciated! I have absolutely no mobile reception where I live and never will have (down in valley). I have 2meg 2-way satellite bb and am hoping to use Truphone with my N96 and get rid of my home phone.

Can I still get phone calls - through Wifi - to my mobile phone from any other phones - remembering I have to standard mobile reception?

Would this be very expensive? - I mostly just need to be contactable and am not a big phone user - want to get rid of my Eircom rental charges.

For some reason I am being charged on my monthly Vodafone bill for accessing Wifi through my home Wifi network - how is this possible? Can I get free Wifi on different tarriff?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

marsbars wrote: »
    For some reason I am being charged on my monthly Vodafone bill for accessing Wifi through my home Wifi network - how is this possible? Can I get free Wifi on different tarriff?

That stands out, are you sure some applications are not using a vodafone connection. Possible not asking you on start-up unless you selected it to. The thing is how can you be connecting if you have no coverage, presuming its when your in another area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 marsbars

I've heard I might still be getting 'data' charges from Vodafone for using their phone for Wifi? Don't know, I have contacted them and are waiting for a reply.

Advertisement