Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy anything in a charity shop?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

So is eating dead people, but you dont see as much enthusiasm for that idea to be honest.

Speak for yourself, I have a human head in the oven right now.

Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't have said that......

Used tog et Videos, CD's and books in charity shops, but I dont have VCR anymore, and people dont seem to give them DVD's as much. Wouldnt bother me to buy there though. Cheap price, good usable stuff, money to charity, potential for dead people clothes. Whats possibly bad about this idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Found a great wool and cashmere coat, grey and about knee length (I'm 6 foot), was a fiver. Immaculate condition, little bit of an old man smell but that soon goes. Ended up giving it to my dad though, fits him better. Now it's his funeral coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Magic.Marker

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Which was obviously fake.

Nope. It was the real thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I have an endless list of great clothes I've bought in Charity shops all over town. Currently wearing an Yves Saint Lauren shirt I got for 6 quid. Probably cost a few hundred originally.

Anybody who doesn't do charity shops is a bit of a fool in my eyes. Especially whoever said they can afford the stuff from Dunnes and Penneys in the first place. I know who I'd rather give my money to.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Corb wrote: »
    I got a lovely jacket in Oxfam. I find they have mainly older age clothes though, I rarely see anything I'd wear but picked up some nice things for my mother. Can often get nice pieces of jewelery, antiques, books etc.

Ah no way, thats the jacket i left in there a while back haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

The 2nd hand toilet roll is always a good bargain :pac:

Advertisement