Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snow - experiences

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Well last night was the most dangerous Hairy experience ever on the bike :eek: Leaving work it was lashing rain- when I hit Terenure it turns into driving snow/sleet with black ice everywhere. I luckily managed to stay on going no more then 20km all the way home with a few slides - could barely get through the snow at home.
    This morning roads were fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Another hazard of riding in the snow - snowballs.
    I've used the car for past few days. Going into housing estate last night, there were a few snowmen in the middle of the road round a bend. Kids and not so young had set up ambush and pelted car with snowballs. Fcukers. No personal injury in a car but on a bike, it's dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

a_ominous wrote: »
    Another hazard of riding in the snow - snowballs.
    I've used the car for past few days. Going into housing estate last night, there were a few snowmen in the middle of the road round a bend. Kids and not so young had set up ambush and pelted car with snowballs. Fcukers. No personal injury in a car but on a bike, it's dangerous.

Agreed... Concentration levels were strained at 100% for 2 hours on Monday night getting home. The shower of scrotes firing big snowballs (iceballs really!) near the end of my journey was very nearly enough to land me on my ar$e... (again!) - I felt like (actually) killing them :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Just when I thought the snow was melting another heavy shower. This seems to be worse as normally little snow where I work and worse when get towards home- this time it is sticking here so can only imagine how bad it is near home- not looking forward to the trip home tonight and the one day I wore shoes instead of boots as well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Just when I thought the snow was melting another heavy shower. This seems to be worse as normally little snow where I work and worse when get towards home- this time it is sticking here so can only imagine how bad it is near home- not looking forward to the trip home tonight and the one day I wore shoes instead of boots as well :(

very +1 :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement