Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer warning*- Homebase/Argos "ergonomic" chair

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I agree with Sam 100% being honest and if you read my original post in this thread, its on the same lines as Sams posts. This whole thread is a joke as it is clearly NOT a consumer issue the end. Now im unsubscribing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

This thread has turned into personal attacks against me so I'm just going to back away from it now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

FirefoxDCU wrote: »
    OP bought it in HOMEBASE! duuhhhhhhhhh ;)
    Just thought I'd get that in before Sam.

Sam wouldn't have got that as Homebase and Argos are owned by the same company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I agree with Sam 100% being honest and if you read my original post in this thread, its on the same lines as Sams posts. This whole thread is a joke as it is clearly NOT a consumer issue the end. Now im unsubscribing :D

Found the thread amusing myself ,if I bought a ladder that was too short ,i wouldn't post here about it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

In before the lock and shuttle bus to the Thunderdome.

Not really a consumer issue but was interesting / funny for about 10 posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I have to say this has turned into a we hate Sam thread. Look simple fact he is entitled to his opinion whether you agree or not. Mods this thread should be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Yeah I'd be happy to for the thread to be locked too.

In all my years on this forum I've never seen a thread descend into personal attacks like this.
    I tell someone they can't blame a product because it's too small for them and suddenly I'm "taking the internet too seriously". Saying the chair is crap because it hurt you is described as "warning people it might be too small for some" (bull****) and taking the piss out of me by yawning at me is described as "giving me the last word out of politeness" :rolleyes:

If I said what I wanted to say to the three of you I'd get myself banned so I'll just stop now

Can this be locked please?

Wow dude chill out. Its like you can give it but not take it.

Nobody bothered replying since 430 yesterday. The thread was quickly sinking off the first page and you just bumped it.

Its the internet. Dont get so wound up. Let it go. Nobody cares about this thread anymore. Have a nice weekend. I would suggest copious amounts of alcohol. Dont expect people not to tell you to "get out more" if youre going to throw a tantrum when someone disagrees with you.

Like you say, you would like to say something to three people here that would get you banned. If that's not taking the internet too seriously, I dont know what is.

womoma wrote: »
    Wow dude chill out. Its like you can give it but not take it.

i didn't give out anything mate. i told you you were wrong in a calm, rational and logical way and the three of you started personally attacking me
    Dont expect people not to tell you to "get out more" if youre going to throw a tantrum when someone disagrees with you.
    it was you that threw a tantrum with calling my points "boring" as if that somehow proved me wrong and yawning at me. i was simply making logical points until you three started attacking me at which point i withdrew from the thread

Any annoyance i've shown has nothing to do with people disagreeing with me and everything to do with your immature response because you didn't want to admit you were wrong followed by three people attacking me

• Advertisement

you're of course now going to tell me again to let it go but in your post you accused me of throwing a tantrum which i didn't, said i did it because people disagreed with me which is bullsh!t and said i "can give it out but not take it", when i actually gave out nothing.

so you insulted me three times in your post for things that never happened and then told me to drop it and "get out more". I'll "drop it" when you stop insulting me

on a side note,
    Like you say, you would like to say something to three people here that would get you banned. If that's not taking the internet too seriously, I dont know what is.
    but on the previous page you said pretty much the same thing:
    My witty retort could get me in trouble here but Im sure you can imagine what I was tempted to suggest.

what was that about taking the internet too seriously? and if it shouldn't be taken seriously, why do you keep posting to insult me? why don't you let it go?

Are you Christian Bale by any chance?

Let it go my friend.

Life is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dirtycode

lock the thread before he trashes your lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So they should make a chair thats suits everyone, thin, fat, short, tall etc etc ????

You probably got a headache from being in front of the computer screen all night :pac:
    If you are looking for a chair for your office or studio, choose carefully.

The "ergonomic" chair from Homebase has some nice features, such as mesh back and lumbar support. However, this chair is VERY heavy, so if you need to move around a bit (the whole point of being on wheels) this chair will frustrate you, and tire out your legs, even on a vinyl floor mat.

Also, and more importantly, this chair is not suitable for anyone over 5'8''.
    The base is not very deep, and the "neck support" will destroy your upper back because it is quite low. I am 5'11'', the average height of a man, but the height of the back of the chair is not adjustable, and is best suited to someone of around 5'6''.

I bought this chair yesterday, and used it whilst on the computer last night for about 4 hours. It caused me to have a headache last night, and my back is in pain today. For 169 euro, I would prefer a chair which doesn't cause injury.

This is the offending chair.

164-6171287A70UC489836M.jpg

You have been warned.

PS - I binned the original box, but still have the reciept. I'll be going back to Homebase during the week. I'll update this thread later.

missed_the_point.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I don't think I would buy it anyway, it looks so uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

holy backfire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheedy

Damn this chair to hell!!:pac:

threadlock.jpg

Fighting Irish, I like that sig. I will be using it in my next debate with a theist.

But about the chair. You're a nice guy and all, but you and me, professionally, we're f***in' done. :D

americanpsycho460.jpg

Right I'm goin for a pint. Hope I get a decent seat.

Right I'm goin for a pint. Hope I get a decent seat.

Mouth>Coffee>Screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

For everyones benefit someone should close this thread, its gone away from its original purpose! thats if it had one to begin with is your own opinion

Are you Christian Bale by any chance?

Let it go my friend.

Life is too short.

A fine example of letting it go. Kudos, we can all learn something from you. Now go away before i axe you in the face :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Warning .. i bought the chair below from a dude living in a caravan, he said it was ergonomic .... my bum hurts.. .

IMG_0288.JPG

Advertisement