Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options
  • 02-02-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭

THQ have their new site for Undisputed up. Check out the GSP v Penn trailer for some new action from the game.

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/#/home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

thx for the link.

I thought some of the other previews looked slicker, the graphics and some of the movement look a little bit choppy. Hopefully they will have it sorted by release. If it ends up anyway as good as fight night round 3 ill be reasonably happy.

I got to see it up close and it looks really really good .Hopfully i will get my hands on an early copy of it .Problem is all indications suggest that its going to be a summer release despite being advertised as spring .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It certainly looks great but I await gameplay reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I got to see it up close and it looks really really good .Hopfully i will get my hands on an early copy of it .Problem is all indications suggest that its going to be a summer release despite being advertised as spring .

Yeah I think it'll be a late May/Early June release date.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Yeah I think it'll be a late May/Early June release date.

Yup if it was in this quarter we would already have a release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I wonder if it's going to have the update feature i.e when the belt changes over in real life will that reflect in the game. i think fifa does this to keep it up to date.

I wonder if it's going to have the update feature i.e when the belt changes over in real life will that reflect in the game. i think fifa does this to keep it up to date.

It does same with stats and rankings. It will update after every UFC event.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Balfe

I have played this game.

Rest assured. It's very, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Balfe wrote: »
    I have played this game.

Rest assured. It's very, very good.

Was it a demo? any more info other then it's good?

I was at a press preview with Dana White and Bisping. I'm at work now so I don't have a lot of time to tell you about it..

The ground game is excellent and very intuitive. It will also reward those who spend time playing it, because there are a wide range of combos and submissions to learn.

Any specific questions?

• Advertisement

I was at a press preview with Dana White and Bisping. I'm at work now so I don't have a lot of time to tell you about it..

The ground game is excellent and very intuitive. It will also reward those who spend time playing it, because there are a wide range of combos and submissions to learn.

Any specific questions?

How does the ground game actually work in the game because that would be much harder to get right than the striking IMO? If they get the ground game right they are onto a winner as it will give the game real depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

How does the ground game actually work in the game because that would be much harder to get right than the striking IMO? If they get the ground game right they are onto a winner as it will give the game real depth.

I'm wondering this too. it would be a bit ridiculous having someone like Henderson, Marcus Davis or others doing crazy submissions.

I spent hours answering questions on the game on Sherdog, including both of the questions that were asked above. Don't really have time to get into this now, but follow the link to read all about the game..

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/any-questions-about-ufc-undisputed-902884/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'm still not convinced that a MMA game can be any good. There are just too many variables in a fight and as much as I love grappling, I don't fancy tapping X repeatedly for armbar. When it comes to games, I think boxing has it easier. That said, I'll still give it a try when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'm wondering this too. it would be a bit ridiculous having someone like Henderson, Marcus Davis or others doing crazy submissions.

Well it is a game after all, you to suspend your disbelief somewhat.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that in the game fighters that are not known for submissions (Lesnar, Couture, Henderson, Liddell etc) are not able to pull off trickier submissions like triangles, flying armbar's, kneebar's, etc but they may be able to attempt more basic stuff like rear naked chokes, straight armbar etc.

Where fighters like BJ Penn, Frank Mir, Nog, etc will have a much wider range of submission moves available to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Any specific questions?

i was there too, what a fantastic game, put any combat/sports game to shame with the in dept control and graphics. . . .and i got a free tshirt out of the day too:p

he (the designer) was saying that obviously everyone is set into there styles eg marcus davis will generally stick to stand up, however marcus has the ability to do an armbar for instance, as he does in real life, but the chances of him actually pullin one off durin a fight would be slim.

The game really is fantastic, and addictive, and there is no X bashing either its more skill involved.

Release date is June 2nd:D

A great game to try is Pride FC on the PS2 , It was done by THQ also . It plays great with great submissions .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Pride was decent, but it's way outdated now. There was a follow-up called Pride GP 2003 which had Fedor and Crocop in it, but it wasn't all that great. Twas alright at best, and you needed a mod-chip as it was a japanese game.

K-1 released an MMA game also, but it was terrible. The K-1 mode was great though. I have pretty much every MMA game ever released. This upcoming game looks pretty decent. I will reserve my judgement until I play it.

never knew about Pride GP. Have been trying to get K1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Forget about both of them. The K-1 game is called K-1 Premium Dynamite 2005. I would suggest that you only buy it for the K-1 mode (which is absolutely brilliant), and not for the MMA mode (which is dire).

I really enjoy pride FC to be honest. Wouldnt mind giving them a look.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Forget about both of them. The K-1 game is called K-1 Premium Dynamite 2005. I would suggest that you only buy it for the K-1 mode (which is absolutely brilliant), and not for the MMA mode (which is dire).

I managed to get my hands on a copy of K-1 2005. Its good fun. Only had a quick game but its not too bad .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Release date is June 2nd:D

I saw this page on IGN and it says February 27nd in Europe. :confused: Probably wrong. The game looks amazing though.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/876/876973/vids_1.html

Video here: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ufc2009undisputed/video/6206396/ufc-2009-undisputed-interview-1?hd=0

Text Interview + Roster Listing is here : http://uk.gamespot.com/sports/blogs/sports-blog/909097139/26817040/exclusive-ufc-2009-undisputed-full-roster-reveal-video-interview.html

KEY:
    LH: Fighter can switch to Light Heavyweight
    MW: Fighter can switch to Middleweight
    WW: Fighter can switch to Welterweight
    LW: Fighter can switch to Lightweight

Heavyweights
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Brock Lesnar
    Frank Mir
    Brandon Vera (LH)
    Gabriel Gonzaga
    Cain Velasquez
    Cheick Kongo
    Eddie Sanchez
    Heath Herring
    Andrei Arlovski
    Mirko Crocop
    Fabricio Werdum
    Tim Sylvia
    Mark Coleman
    Antoni Hardonk
    Justin McCully

Light Heavyweights
    Chuck Liddell
    Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
    Forrest Griffin
    Tito Ortiz
    Keith Jardine
    Wanderlei Silva
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Lyoto Machida
    Rashad Evans
    Stephan Bonnar
    James Irvin
    Wilson Gouveia (MW)
    Houston Alexander
    Kazuhiro Nakamura
    Thiago Silva
    Tim Boetsch
    Ryan Bader (DLC)

Middleweights
    Anderson Silva (LH)
    Rich Franklin (LH)
    Dan Henderson (LH)
    Michael Bisping (LH)
    Kendall Grove
    Chris Leben
    Jason MacDonald
    Nate Marquardt
    Drew McFedries
    Ricardo Almeida
    Evan Tanner
    Yushin Okami
    Demian Maia
    Martin Kampmann (WW)
    Amir Sadollah (WW)
    Thales Leites

Welterweights
    Georges St-Pierre
    Matt Hughes
    Matt Serra (LW)
    Jon Fitch
    Karo Parisyan
    Josh Koscheck
    Diego Sanchez
    Mike Swick (MW)
    Marcus Davis
    Thiago Alves
    Chris Lytle
    Ben Saunders
    Josh Burkman
    Kyle Bradley
    Matt Arroyo
    Anthony Johnson

Lightweights
    BJ Penn (WW)
    Sean Sherk (WW)
    Kenny Florian
    Roger Huerta
    Joe Stevenson
    Mac Danzig
    Nathan Diaz
    Spencer Fisher
    Tyson Griffin
    Gray Maynard
    Thiago Tavares
    Joe Lauzon
    Rich Clementi
    Mark Bocek
    Hermes Franca
    Frank Edgar
    Efrain Escudero (DLC)

Interesting to see who is in and out Randy Couture & Clay Guida are missing :( .

So want this game and play as pretty much all the fighters. It has been a long while since I could say that about combat game franchises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

some big suprises in there, especially randy missing but some of the others included are savage, cant wait to play it again, im booking 2 weeks off work for the date its release :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

from thq-
    Demo april 19th
    Game release may 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I hope that the fights aren't completely stuck to the weight classes, I would love if there was a mode where you can have anyone fight anyone, (i'm thinking GSP Vs A. Silva :))

I hope that the fights aren't completely stuck to the weight classes, I would love if there was a mode where you can have anyone fight anyone, (i'm thinking GSP Vs A. Silva :))

What is the point in having a video game if not. :p

Maybe Penn could win this time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

edit

Advertisement