Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BeeSee

can only fight each others weight class? well thats a nuisance.

anybody know is there a limit on number of fighters you can create? any photo recognition used to create a fighter?

hope they have 8/16 man tournament mode in it, best way to play it if you've got a few friends over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

All I care about is the gameplay. If it is even remotely like the pride game I'm not going anywhere near it. Finger crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

BeeSee wrote: »
    can only fight each others weight class? well thats a nuisance.

anybody know is there a limit on number of fighters you can create? any photo recognition used to create a fighter?

hope they have 8/16 man tournament mode in it, best way to play it if you've got a few friends over
    You can create 100 fighters, don't know about the photo recognition yet but I doubt it. The Demo is being released April 23rd on XBOX LIVE and PSN with Liddell and Shogun the two playable characters. There will also be an in-depth tutorial with the Demo. Happy Days:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In the States if you preorder the game you get given a 360 marketplace code to download the demo. Anyway this is getting pretty much universal rave reviews from hardcore MMA fans on various message boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Been playing the demo of this for the last few hours and have to say its been well worth the wait.

The detail in the game is very good, graphics great and the gameplay excellent. Vast improvement on the older versions of the UFC games.
    The control system is easy to get to grips with but some of the moves take a while to get into your head as there is a vast amount of things you can do. The transitions are very smooth and some of the knockouts can be great during the game and come out of nowhere when you think you are winning then bang you take one on the chin and drop. Really impressed by it and it was worth waiting the extra time with the delay, cant wait for the full game to come out next month.

Yeah its a good demo alright. At first i thought it was very easy as i was knocking out Shogun. I changed to Shogun and got knocked out 3 times in a row by Chuck.
    Really looking forward to the full game.

Ive heard that it is borderline impossible to get a submission.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

rovert wrote: »
    Ive heard that it is borderline impossible to get a submission.

Not true, just obviously doesnt happen all of the time. I've caught my mate in a triangle choke, kimura, armbar and leg lock easily enough already and thats just with the 2 characters available.

yeah you really have to work to get submissions. But it also helps if you have a submission fighter. Once you get it there is a great feeling of achievment :)

There will be a new demo out soon and as far as i hear its going to be Machida and Evans .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Lads I forgot to check the PSN store yesturday, is the demo download available yet?

Its available for general download on Thursday on both xbox and ps3

An explaination of the controls:
    http://mmamania.com/2009/04/21/ufc-undisputed-2009-design-walk-through-video/#more-12244

The level of detail in the game is :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muffin Head

Axwell wrote: »
    Its available for general download on Thursday on both xbox and ps3

Do you need to have your xbox connected to the web to download or can you download using your pc, burn onto a disc and then play it in your xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Do you need to have your xbox connected to the web to download or can you download using your pc, burn onto a disc and then play it in your xbox?
    Theres ways to do this for the 360. Pretty sure someone posted a guide on sherdog. Generally though you need to have the console connected to do it

Theres ways to do this for the 360. Pretty sure someone posted a guide on sherdog. Generally though you need to have the console connected to do it

To get the demo off xbox live you need to be connected there are no other ways, to get it "elsewhere" though is possible if you look on the net but cant mention those on here. You can download it and burn it to a disc and play the disc off the xbox, thats how i have it since the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Just got call from the young lad at home, it's on Xbox live now and he said it's very good indeed. Tutorial included so worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

just had a few games. very impressed so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The PS3 demo is now up online. Downloading now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

its just like a real event , except this time chuck wins :D

think this will be a bit better against a human opponent as id say even though its very good id get board playing against the computer easially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

its just like a real event

Nice one mate I was dodging the result all week as I have the event downloaded to watch on weekend...........

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Nice one mate I was dodging the result all week as I have the event downloaded to watch on weekend...........

Spoilers are a bigger crime than illegal downloading :eek:

I forgot to set video to record it so that's my justification of it. Game looks savage, will download demo at weekend when I go home and have a button bashing session before watch the rest of the real event (providing I'm not told the rest of the results...)

I forgot to set video to record it so that's my justification of it. Game looks savage, will download demo at weekend when I go home and have a button bashing session before watch the rest of the real event (providing I'm not told the rest of the results...)

Well it was repeated the next day wasnt it. If you cared that much you would have watched your download by now.

I've been working nights and my friends, that don't have Setanta 1 (and were out with me on Saturday and Sunday night) so we planned to make a night out of it, we normally watch it on the Sunday night. I only downloaded it on Tuesday.

I've been working nights and my friends, that don't have Setanta 1 (and were out with me on Saturday and Sunday night) so we planned to make a night out of it, we normally watch it on the Sunday night. I only downloaded it on Tuesday.

Still you had two days come mate sure you could have a fight or two in the time spent talking to me :pac:

PS
    Give the main event a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Boards.ie does not condone or endorse illegal activities, as such there is to be no discussion of illegal activities on this site. This includes illegal downloading of copyrighted events. Please do not continue this discussion any further, and keep this thread on topic.

Also, if you have issue with a post or concerns over a spoiler please report it, do not argue about it in thread.

My bad. Apologises to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ah sorry about that FrostyJack I wasnt thinking, didnt mean to spoil anything for anyone :(

• Advertisement

No worries mate, it happens.

Can you play 2 player versus on the demo, has anyone played it yet?

Advertisement