Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The one night I wat to download something and the PSN is slow as hell :mad:

yeah you can play 2 player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The one night I wat to download something and the PSN is slow as hell :mad:

Likewise with the Xbox Live

Played it there a while ago, found it easy to win with Chuck and lost 2/2 with Shogun, although the second time i would have been ahead on points with a min to go, also tried a submission when i could have won the second fight as he was covering up but wanted to try something else. But Chuck just clean knocks you out from nowhere even though i was even getting the better of him standing up aswell as the ground.

Someone else pointed out about the range of difficulty winning between the two fighters, but i think thats because you have to utilise your ground game to win with shogun, while with chuck you just punch and kick(which is easy to get used too).

I must have tried 15 submissions (obv' not doing it right) but to no avail, must be more to do then just pressing R3?.
    I tried tapping various buttons but he kept getting me out and flipping me over, and then id reverse that and that process would continue for a while :D

Found it better then i was expecting it to be, so i'm really looking forward to getting this and getting used to the controls proper(there are pages of different moves for the different positions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

I must have tried 15 submissions (obv' not doing it right) but to no avail, must be more to do then just pressing R3?.
    I tried tapping various buttons but he kept getting me out and flipping me over, and then id reverse that and that process would continue for a while :D

try rotating r3 round and round when in position for subs seems to work . . sometimes:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

try rotating r3 round and round when in position for subs seems to work . . sometimes:pac:
    Your supposed to keep rotating aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The demo is top class. Folks, use the training guide on the demo, well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I just KO'd chuck with a head kick off the bat 5 sec win lol :D

Now i can do it in a video game must mean i can do it in real life right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

calex71 wrote: »
    I just KO'd chuck with a head kick off the bat 5 sec win lol :D

beats my 12 second record. bastid! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Your supposed to keep rotating aren't you?

You apply a submission clicking R3..you can keep it going by either pressing a button repeatedly or rotating R3..the outcome is the same..they are very hard to get against the computer but a lot easier against a friend.

• Advertisement

Totally geeked out for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

only tried it once for a quick game before i went to the pub. Pretty decent game. Fairly easy though obviously it gets harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

seanybiker wrote: »
    Fairly easy though obviously it gets harder.

Change the difficulty level ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 BeeSee

graphics looked well impressive. played bout 5 games. is gonna take a while to get used to it. looks like it will reward people who know what they're doin as opposed to button bashers, plenty of ways to counter and take advantage of others mistakes.

cant wait to play it on a night out tho with a group, there'll be some amount of shouting at the tele!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Spent god knows how much time playin it last night, now in work, training after work, wont be home till about half 9/10 :(
    The addiction begins :pac:
    Chucks some bastid to get in a thai clinch. No matter how I try set it up on the harder difficulties he still gets off a quick shot to throw it off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

If you play two player and only use one controller, HEY PRESTO, it's a Kalib Starnes character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'm enjoying the game but submissions are near impossible. Also, can see the online games being crap boring blocking fests with no out and out fight of the night style matches considering the countering system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If the block high, kick low.. Like anything, you need to work around it.. You can shoot for a takedown, or thai-clinch. It's not a kick-boxing game, it's an MMA game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Submissions are only hard to pull off against the computer, ive played my mate loads and we have got plenty of submissions and im sure when you are playing others online it will be a lot easier too than trying to pull them against the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

dlofnep wrote: »
    If the block high, kick low.. Like anything, you need to work around it.. You can shoot for a takedown, or thai-clinch. It's not a kick-boxing game, it's an MMA game.

The counter system I meant was the instant punch reversal to take down which I can see making fights very cagey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Axwell wrote: »
    Submissions are only hard to pull off against the computer, ive played my mate loads and we have got plenty of submissions and im sure when you are playing others online it will be a lot easier too than trying to pull them against the computer.

Very very hard to sub the computer on higher difficulty settings. It seems to be linked to the stamina of your opponent which only gets low enough to sub successfully late in the fight. You really should be able to pull off early 1st round submissions every now and then. That said it is much less of an issue if you are playing two player and presumably online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

anyone know who the unlockable/downloable fighters are going to be in the full version?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't beat rua on anything harder than beginner, once he gets a takedown I can't get out of it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

ShaneU wrote: »
    I can't beat rua on anything harder than beginner, once he gets a takedown I can't get out of it :(

Tap backwards on the analog to either sprawl, or avoid the clinch. In the ground, you should do quarter-circles inwards to reclaim positions.. For example, if you are in half-guard, do a quarter circle to regain full guard.

If you're having problems with the ground, go through the tutorial again. I've pretty much mastered it. When I'm Shogun, I just clinch, pull him into my guard, rubber guard, omoplata - couple of punches and knees, take back, transition to mount - breaking posture, unleash GNP.

Game over. Everytime without fail. If you want to submit Chuck as Shogun - you'll have to beat the crap out of him.. I've tried an armbar from mount and can only get it when it's in the 3rd round.

Best of luck! Go through the tutorial once or twice again. It will help alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I find the kneebars easiest to get. Beat Chuck up for a while and get his stamina well down, knock him down, then go for d knee. Ive had a good few first round submissions now on experienced. None on expert yet tho.

Class Game btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Also if you pause the game at any point and go into "action list" it gives you a full menu of moves you can do in any given position.

anyone know who the unlockable/downloable fighters are going to be in the full version?

Ive only read about these unlockables: Efrain Escudero and Ryan Bader. Get downloading :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

quarter circle forward highpunch all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

quarter circle forward highpunch all the way
    Hadoken? :confused:

• Advertisement

Zangief > Fedor

Advertisement