Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    **** thought it was out tomorrow, had myself all hyped up.

Me too...... Im literally heartbroken...was really really excited to get it but now we've to wait until Friday....:(:(:(

Well i had a good go of it last night and i am a little bored with it . I have had good fights but i am yet to find a happy medium playing it :( I am finding it pretty limited .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Well i had a good go of it last night and i am a little bored with it . I have had good fights but i am yet to find a happy medium playing it :( I am finding it pretty limited .

I'm the same, not a whole lot to do in the game, it's a fun game but not as good as I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

what about online game play is that working yet? And whats it like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Played for a few hours earlier, and last night. Its good but not great , whats really annoying is that if you get mounted its lights out, i know thats what happens in real life etc and a lot of your escape depends on stats etc. It's very easy for your oponent to go straight to mount if they are a wrestler with some of their take downs

Its easy to get out of being mounted in practice but once you get to 8 or 9th fight in career mode and your in the top 10 it gets insanely hard even on easy :mad:

Maybe i just plain suck :D

Also, again just might be me sucking or not working it out yet but your created fighter seems to be stuck with a very limited set of strikes (also based on the skill set you choose) i went with thai/bjj but i cant kick to the head or do any thing with punches except jab and hook to the body and head or even kick above the ribs.

Even if i got better at this , just dont think ill be playing it much in two weeks time.

• Advertisement

I was Lesnar and tapped out to Mir in 19 seconds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

calex71 wrote: »
    Played for a few hours earlier, and last night. Its good but not great , whats really annoying is that if you get mounted its lights out, i know thats what happens in real life etc and a lot of your escape depends on stats etc. It's very easy for your oponent to go straight to mount if they are a wrestler with some of their take downs

Its easy to get out of being mounted in practice but once you get to 8 or 9th fight in career mode and your in the top 10 it gets insanely hard even on easy :mad:

Maybe i just plain suck :D
    If you hold the right stick to the left or right you can block your opponent from moving to a mount.

If they do get you in mount, make sure you block the punches and try to do a transition when you get the chance. Some fighters have a special transition if you hold LB (on 360) or L1 (on PS3) and do a quarter circle rotation on the right stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

are there any walk in videos before the fights?
    is there a story in the career mode, like can you make decisions on who to fight etc?
    are there different arenas and the shows numbered when you fight on them, say like ufc103 or whatever?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

Just to let people know the game IS RELEASED in Xtravision in Swords, dont know about anywhere else but i just got my copy for 44.99 so itll be a while till im on here again now lol

anyway off to create myself :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamestop have it too same price and theres a deal on some trade ins that you can get it for 20 quid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Yes! I'll have to drop into xtravision after school tommorow and go back to being broke again:P So is the online part of the game up and running yet? I may as well add a few of ye on PSN sure if it is when I get the game:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Released already. Off to Xtravision I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

are there any walk in videos before the fights?
    is there a story in the career mode, like can you make decisions on who to fight etc?
    are there different arenas and the shows numbered when you fight on them, say like ufc103 or whatever?

thanks

No walk in videos. You get to pick who you fight (choice of 2 or 3) there are different arenas but they all look the same, the shows are numbered. And there is an online mode.

I wouldn't say the arenas all look the same. I did notice however that Maddison Square Garden is there :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Love this game , got it last night, played it for ages and its been a damn long time since I have done that with game.

Played my bro a good few times, I keep destroying him with Heavyweights but he beats me in lower weights.

Cant wait for tomorrow , get couple my mates in to play it with some beer , good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Was a bit surprised there was no carwin or torqunhio

Just got mine there:D I'm "EICM" on the PSN so add me up sure. You wont see me online for a while until i get a bit better though!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Ya got it this morning, really enjoyin it.

I played 1 game online and got KOd in about 30 seconds so it will be awhile before Im online regularly ha.

Did anyone else notice that the 5 min rounds are actually about 2mins 30secs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

ollieo wrote: »
    Ya got it this morning, really enjoyin it.

I played 1 game online and got KOd in about 30 seconds so it will be awhile before Im online regularly ha.

Did anyone else notice that the 5 min rounds are actually about 2mins 30secs?

Yeah was wondering why the rounds went so quick! I'm very annoyed Ireland isn't on the list for hometown's when creating a fighter. How ignorant of UFC/Yukes, I mean we are one of only 3 European countries to have had a UFC event and we're beaten to the list by Armenia! It's like the fcuking Eurovision or something. Sometimes I think the world is oblivious to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Was a bit surprised there was no carwin or torqunhio

They'll probably be available later on via DLC.

The fun I am having with this game. Playing online earlier and I was getting my arse handed to me. I was using Rampage and the other guy was using Forrest Griffin. Out of nowhere bam, knockout. I'd say the other guy must have been going mental

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Eiredave PSN :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Apoligies if already posted but apparenlty, THQ offered Clay Guida money to cut his hair, so they could keep him in the game, but he refused.

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=6863

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This game has a high learning curve (aka Im getting my asre kicked here) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunkamania wrote: »
    Apoligies if already posted but apparenlty, THQ offered Clay Guida money to cut his hair, so they could keep him in the game, but he refused.

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=6863

Ha ha ha ha damn hippie :p

really cant understand what the problem was , i mean the game is essentially a reskined wwe game which thq also make in which more than not have long lockes, that said i really dont know how he fights without at least tying it back or something :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Anyone know what the exact deal is in Xtravision? Havent check all the thread tbf.

€44.99 for PS3 and XBOX 360 in Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I heard there was a trade in 2 games and something?

• Advertisement

Kanney wrote: »
    I heard there was a trade in 2 games and something?

There is a deal on trade ins yes, but I don't think it covers the whole cost. Is ee you're a Galway man, you can also get a free weeks training in Point Blank Submissions I was told when I bought it in Xtra-Vision Oranmore on Friday evening.

Advertisement