Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Kanney wrote: »
    I heard there was a trade in 2 games and something?

You have to trade in 2 games from a specific list of games that is listed on their poster. Sadly you can't just trade in any 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

darragh-k wrote: »
    There is a deal on trade ins yes, but I don't think it covers the whole cost. Is ee you're a Galway man, you can also get a free weeks training in Point Blank Submissions I was told when I bought it in Xtra-Vision Oranmore on Friday evening.

I think I'll stick to watching UFC from the safety of my armchair. I have this game rented for the week, loving it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Have it on the PS3. Gamer handle is Seanuabriain if anyone wants a fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This game would be fabulous if THQ fixed the following:

Submissions/ground game against the CPU is IMPOSSIBLE

The AI in the training camps is horrible

The matchmaking needs to be more realistic some times you fighters fight twice in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rovert wrote: »

The matchmaking needs to be more realistic some times you fighters fight twice in a week.

Agreed with all of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Anybody experiencing bad lag in the online matches?

Agreed with all of that.

Another great game on paper but poorly tested from THQ much like the Smackdown series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Another great game on paper but poorly tested from THQ much like the Smackdown series.

It's a fun game and I enjoy playing my mates on it but once it goes to the ground I just can't used to it! Yes I suck at it!! :) Let's hope 2010 it just a little bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

They took a prowrestling engine to make this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They took a prowrestling engine to make this game.
    No.They built a new engine.A different division of Yukes make the smackdown series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

did anyone preorder from gamestop and get the redeem code for ps3? anyone willing to share??:p

Needs more hometowns,Ireland perhaps? Have to fight from Tampa, Florida :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

Picked up this game at the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. The exhibition matches are good fun but the career mode is also enthralling. Gets very tough when you get to the big fighters.

I really like the background audioclips from the commentators during the menu on career mode.

Submissions are extremely tough to pull off but it's extremely satisfying when you finally get one.

Hope the game doesn't get stale soon though.

Shazbot wrote: »
    I really like the background audioclips from the commentators during the menu on career mode.

Agreed, i love the gsp "im not impressed by your performance" one:)

Love the crowd's reaction on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Needs more hometowns,Ireland perhaps? Have to fight from Tampa, Florida :mad:

Im thinking this was a limitation of the voice overs from the introductions, as in "fighting out of....." not sure how much goes into recording these but it would soon add up if you did ever major city. Still annoys me that my CAF is from Zagreb..... own up, own up i bet NONE of you picked the UK for home town either did you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hellsing

Best audio clip ever :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6f1aPR15GA

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

"I am thee best at judo throws, all other throws are done by little girls"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

calex71 wrote: »
    own up, own up i bet NONE of you picked the UK for home town either did you :D

From Toronto but fighting out of Manchester :)

My main gripe with this game is it takes an age to edit your trunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

calex71 wrote: »
    own up, own up i bet NONE of you picked the UK for home town either did you :D

I picked London as my hometown. I'd like to think we've all grown out of the English-hating phase.

That said, I hope they put in Ireland in the downloadable content. Maybe a few more classic fights too. It's a nice feature and some of them are pretty tough to pull off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Hit the nail on the head, its like playing smackdown vs raw. Turned a good idea into an average game using a tried and tested (awful) system.

Add the laggy online play and i think i will be bringing the game back this week.

THQ = Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Anyone retired from their career yet? The interview with Joe Rogan at the ends a nice idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anyone retired from their career yet? The interview with Joe Rogan at the ends a nice idea :D

Would be better if it was after every fight.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would be better if it was after every fight.
    No.That would get really really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    The fun I am having with this game. Playing online earlier and I was getting my arse handed to me. I was using Rampage and the other guy was using Forrest Griffin. Out of nowhere bam, knockout. I'd say the other guy must have been going mental

i was ;)

Just realised how much ive been missing on career mode, i was wondering why my wrestling & boxing wasnt moving from level 1, i was agreein to the boot camps but not attending them, or the autograph sessions, or photoshoots. . . .ooops:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Just realised how much ive been missing on career mode, i was wondering why my wrestling & boxing wasnt moving from level 1, i was agreein to the boot camps but not attending them, or the autograph sessions, or photoshoots. . . .ooops:o

Was doing the same thing, had eight wins on the bounce then came up against Thiago Silve and he took me to the ground and finished me in a few seconds.

Was doing the same thing, had eight wins on the bounce then came up against Thiago Silve and he took me to the ground and finished me in a few seconds.

same as, 9 wins then lost title fight to machida, then lost to wanderlei and rampage :(

I have Fedor currently tearing through the HW division undefeated after 13 fights (granted it is my 4th go through the career hehe)
    Lesnar came close to beating me but managed to finish him in round 4. Mir next and im not lookin forward to that even though my sub defence is really high :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

same as, 9 wins then lost title fight to machida, then lost to wanderlei and rampage :(

Yeah, after the Silva loss my next match was Wilson Gouveia and he beat me in the exact same way, then I realised you had to participate in the training camps so decided to start again.

Now I have a title match with Rashaad and he just keeps getting a full mount and knocking me out with two or three punches.

Advertisement