Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Undisputed video game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Yeah, after the Silva loss my next match was Wilson Gouveia and he beat me in the exact same way, then I realised you had to participate in the training camps so decided to start again.

Now I have a title match with Rashaad and he just keeps getting a full mount and knocking me out with two or three punches.

Just beat rashad with a 4 second ko for the title :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Just realised how much ive been missing on career mode, i was wondering why my wrestling & boxing wasnt moving from level 1, i was agreein to the boot camps but not attending them, or the autograph sessions, or photoshoots. . . .ooops:o
    Oops! haha. So have I! I didn't realise! I'm guessing you gotta click action when it's on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

lol...that was how I ended up beating him...just not that quick. Then I lost the title to Forrest in the same way.

Really enjoyable game but the flash knockouts happen way too much...once you get into the late second/third round you are always in danger of it happening which is annoying if you have two rounds in the bag and are happy to take the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Rashad is a bastid to beat in CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

Hi lads,

Just have the game on rental for now. Lightweight Sean Sherk is a bitch to beat on exhibition. Why don't any of the lightweight fighters seem to be able to kick high?
    • Does anyone know why I keep on getting beat by the first one or two non-scrub fights (i.e. Jardine, Lieben et al)?
    • I'm also having difficulty transitioning into full gaurd from right after the takedown.
    • I can enter the clinch but I can't get the pulling back motion to gain momentum to lunge in for the muay thai knees. The knees are more like the ones executed when gassing.
    Finally, does anyone know of any decent guides or faqs?

Frank Mir and GSP are my favorite character btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Did you do the tutorial to learn how to transition to mount and kick to the head?

If not on playstation you need to hold L1 while your kicking to perform a head kick so if you have an xbox hold the equivalent to L1.

To transition to mount you need to do a Major Transition as its called, which can be found in the move lists when you have an opponent on the ground.

If your fighters style is boxing he will not be able to perform head kicks.
    Also if he is a muay thai style, you need to raise your technique level to perform head kicks, this is in career mode and you increase your technique by going to training camps with other fighters.

Hopes this helps.

ollieo wrote: »
    Did you do the tutorial to learn how to transition to mount and kick to the head?

If not on playstation you need to hold L1 while your kicking to perform a head kick so if you have an xbox hold the equivalent to L1.

To transition to mount you need to do a Major Transition as its called, which can be found in the move lists when you have an opponent on the ground.

If your fighters style is boxing he will not be able to perform head kicks.
    Also if he is a muay thai style, you need to raise your technique level to perform head kicks, this is in career mode and you increase your technique by going to training camps with other fighters.

Hopes this helps.

Thank you. This was helpful. Any ideas on the clinch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Thank you. This was helpful. Any ideas on the clinch?

When you're in the clinch you use the right analog stick to gain the momentum(whip) for knees. Move the right analog stick in whatever direction you want to whip the opponent.

Simply Red wrote: »
    When you're in the clinch you use the right analog stick to gain the momentum(whip) for knees. Move the right analog stick in whatever direction you want to whip the opponent.

Lets say I'm fighting the blue corner and my opponent is on the left side. I enter the clinch, pull R to the right to pull the opponent down into the opposite direction I'm about to launch the strike.

The problem is that I end up stepping back rather than pulling.

Lets say I'm fighting the blue corner and my opponent is on the left side. I enter the clinch, pull R to the right to pull the opponent down into the opposite direction I'm about to launch the strike.

The problem is that I end up stepping back rather than pulling.

maybe your trying to do it with a non Muay-Thai fighter?.... otherwise it would work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

it should work if the fighter your using has Muay Thai as their striking style.

If you're doing career mode and its not working and you have muay thai as your striking style, it is probably because you don't have the skill level required.

As explained previously your skill level increases when you do training camps with other fighters in career mode and your fighter learns new techniques etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Any1 else wonder why mark colemans weight is 255? And also Im not sure if this is right or not. But i could swear none of the fighters are fighting southpaw? Again i might be wrong on that 1 though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Any1 else wonder why mark colemans weight is 255? And also Im not sure if this is right or not.

Must be his Pride weight. :p He is closer to 200lbs nowadays I think,
    But i could swear none of the fighters are fighting southpaw? Again i might be wrong on that 1 though.

You are right, the designers didnt bother with southpaws in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

so its worth buying ye?

on xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

TechnoPool wrote: »
    so its worth buying ye?

on xbox 360?

It's fun and I think it is worth the money.

Any1 else wonder why mark colemans weight is 255? And also Im not sure if this is right or not. But i could swear none of the fighters are fighting southpaw? Again i might be wrong on that 1 though.

I think I remember reading about there being some sort of clipping issue with Southpaw fighters.
    TechnoPool wrote: »
    so its worth buying ye?

on xbox 360?

Probably worth picking up second hand because the career becomes too repetitive and the weight classes don't really vary it up enough. However I aint played it online yet so that might give it a few more points and make it worth splashing the full price for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

EA announced they were looking to build up an MMA franchise.
    Given that they wont have Zuffa support, they are going to be limited by fighter choices.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dunkamania wrote: »
    Given that they wont have Zuffa support, they are going to be limited by fighter choices.

This was announced a while back and is the reason Randy Couture isnt in the UFC game, hes signed up as the main person for the EA game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dunkamania wrote: »
    Judging by the really big EA Sports logo on Wammas home page, im gonna hazard a guess they have the Wamma license......which could mean Fedor :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Probably worth picking up second hand because the career becomes too repetitive and the weight classes don't really vary it up enough. However I aint played it online yet so that might give it a few more points and make it worth splashing the full price for.

You ain't kidding. Career mode is too bloody annoying. Way too many emails and a horrible grappling system made it unbearable. I returned the game to Xtra Vision last night and I'll probably delete the game save off my hard drive soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I think it's a good game, though when against the computer grappling becomes a night mare, there are no south paws in it something to do with clipping, all southie's are turned into orthodox fighters

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You ain't kidding. Career mode is too bloody annoying. Way too many emails and a horrible grappling system made it unbearable. I returned the game to Xtra Vision last night and I'll probably delete the game save off my hard drive soon.
    You pay attention to e-mails :confused:
    And I cant see the problem with the grappling system. Major transition,minor transition, flick back to reverse, hold back to block, height modifiers for clinches and take downs. Seems pretty good to me

JohnMc1 wrote: »

Yeah the email thing is annoying and it has long loading times, but is enjoyable until you win the title and have to repeatedly face 3 of four peple. The grappling system is frustrating until you master it. I repeatedly got knocked out when someone got full mount because I didn't know what to do but once you know how to handle yourself it becomes interesting.

You pay attention to e-mails :confused:

I usually open them just to delete them but hearing that email tone every other second gets very annoying after awhile.

I think it's a good game, though when against the computer grappling becomes a night mare, there are no south paws in it something to do with clipping, all southie's are turned into orthodox fighters

Grappling against a CPU is a pain in the ass. It turns into turn your R2 button as fast as you can and hope you can get the guy off you game.The worse part is when they take you down when you're doing a Striking Camp.

I hope they simplify the grappling system before the next game. If it takes an average player more than a day to understand the system then there is a huge problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

I'm a the stage now in career mode where i'm the champ and just fighting 3 or 4 fighters over and over again. Any one know how long before you get the hall of fame. Would love the option of being able to go up a weight class and go for that title.

LeoGilly wrote: »
    I'm a the stage now in career mode where i'm the champ and just fighting 3 or 4 fighters over and over again. Any one know how long before you get the hall of fame. Would love the option of being able to go up a weight class and go for that title.
    You might get to the hall of fame when youre forced to retire. Think the HOF depends on your record and cred so you might not get in

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭OMCCABE

Anybody know of any stores that are selling the XBOX and UFC game as a package deal? I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to upgrade my PS2

OMCCABE wrote: »
    Anybody know of any stores that are selling the XBOX and UFC game as a package deal? I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to upgrade my PS2

Haven't seen any yet but if it becomes a Top seller it might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What does one have to achieve before getting into the Hall of Fame?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What does one have to achieve before getting into the Hall of Fame?

i just got in with record of 31-5 and retired as unbeatin lightheavy weight champion

Advertisement