Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a scam?????? ATC group

Options
  • 02-02-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently replied to a newspaper add and received the following email, it sounds too good to be true and i just wondered whether it sounds legal - or is it a scam that someone has heard of already?

Email is as follows:

Hello, thank you for your interest and desire to learn more about position offered to you by our company, The ATC Group. Nowadays, internet makes it possible for people
    to communicate on a whole new level. We are proud to offer you a great position where you will be able to make a decent amount of money in a short period of time doing almost nothing
    working basically online! We are seeking for volunteers in Ireland who are able to provide us with their help. Please take couple minutes to learn more about position. And
    always remember that - you can do anything in this world, and this is your chance to get your hands on this great opportunity that we offer to you. This great opportunity will change
    your life, you've never been offered anything like this before!
    -=Job Description=-
    Position Type/Name: Fund Operator/Processor
    Classification: Part Time (non-contract)
    Salary: 900+ Euros per week, just in your pocket! And this is real.
    As a Fund Operator your duties will be:
    1. Receiving funds in your nominated bank account.
    2. Receiving instructions by e-mail.
    3. Completing transaction by instructions.
    Simple as that!
    The ATC pioneered specialized financial recruitment and today is one of the most leading worldwide groups. We specialize in placing professionals/students/graduates on a
    full-time/part-time basis in a variety of areas, including accounting, finance, bookkeeping, fund operator/processor, payroll, credit & collections, audit and taxation.
    Here is an example of full description of your duty, (You will receive instructions at every stage, from steps 1-5).:
    1. You receive 4000 Euros from us into your nominated bank account.
    2. You go to the bank and withdraw 90%, and leave 10% for yourself.
    3. You go to Western Union and send 90% of the amount to one of our agents. Note that Western Union fee comes out of 90%! You
    don't spend your 10% to pay for any fees.
    4. You send us an email with a report of the transaction.
    5. As soon as we receive the report, you are given your next transaction the very next day!
    Outcome: You earned 10% from 4000 Euros, which is 400 Euros, and that was just one transaction. Not bad at all, right?
    You might ask yourself why are you receiving money and from who and why are you sending them via Western Union. Here is an explanation:
    In order for us to sell a product we have to have a final recipient of a payment, and if we are going to receive payments for products sold - we will have to pay 15% of tax as a
    company, and since you are an individual - we only have to pay 2%. As you can see, taxation loop between Ireland and Switzerland gives us opportunity to provide you with business
    and earn you some money while reducing taxation rate for ourselves, and it is way more beneficial if we would choose to receive payments directly as a company. So we really appreciate
    your consideration and we need your help as you can see.
    F.A.Q.
    1. How many times a week do i have to complete transactions?
    It is one transaction a day, 5 times a week, Monday-Friday.
    2. What is the average amount of transaction?
    The average amount is 4000 Euros, so you will be making approx 400 Euros a day off one transaction, and we are very excited to provide people with this great opportunity, so that they
    can better their lives.
    3. Do i need to sign any contract in order to get started?
    No, you do not need to sign any contracts, we designed this position to be it as simple as possible, and all you have to have is internet connection to communicate with our
    representatives who will assist you with sending instructions to you and give you any help on how to complete transactions.
    4. Can i stop/continue working if i want?
    Yes, you absolutely can stop and continue working, or simply just stop if needed. But please give us a 4 day note prior to change your decision, so there won't be any complication.
    5. What if i did not complete transaction in time?
    It is very important for us to complete transactions in time, so please make sure you will be able to handle this, before you start, make sure you will have couple hours a day
    Monday-Friday, preferably mornings. But if sometime you are late - it is fine, we are not going to fire you, just make sure you will do your best and there won't be any delays. And
    keep in mind if you do transactions perfect with no delays or excuses - we will provide you with higher amounts!
    6. Who pays for Western Union fee?
    Western Union fee comes out of 90%, and you do not spend your own money, not even 10% you earned.
    7. Can i use any other money transfer company or any other method to complete transactions?
    No, you cannot use any other company, except Western Union, please make sure to not use any other companies, because you will have to take money back if you used a wrong company, and
    it will cause delay and money loss due to fees and companies policies. Another thing is you cannot use Western Union online service due to limits, all transactions are done from
    Western Union branch/office which can be found at Western Union website (www.westernunion.com), choose your country and click "Find Agent".

8. Is this legal?
    Yes, everything is legal.

IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR DETAILS AND AFTER VERIFICATION YOU WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOUR FIRST TRANSACTION, DETAILS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO GET STARTED:

1. Your First name:
    2. Your Surname (last name):
    3. Your Address:
    4. City/town:
    5. Postcode:
    6. Country: Ireland.
    7. Your Mobile phone:
    8. Your Home/landline phone no:
    9. Beneficiary Bank:
    10. Bank Address:
    11. Account Name Beneficiary:
    12. Full Account#:
    13. Swift (BIC)#:
    14. Iban#:
    15. Withdrawal limit:
    16. Your email address: (to contact you best)

AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR DETAILS - ONE OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES WILL CONTACT YOU BACK SHORTLY AND WILL UPDATE YOU AND LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT YOU READY TO PROVIDE FOR OUR COMPANY.
    Best Regards,
    The ATC.

Comments please????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Ah come on op? What do you think?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ffs that is ridiculous, i know people are starting to get desperate for jobs, but come on! A job that claims to earn you what most of us make in a week per day, all you have to do is provide them with all your details including bank account numbers and credit limits!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

definately a scam It sounds like identity theft. Anything too good to be true normally is
    Lmnover wrote: »
    Hi
    I recently replied to a newspaper add and received the following email, it sounds too good to be true and i just wondered whether it sounds legal - or is it a scam that someone has heard of already?

Email is as follows:

Hello, thank you for your interest and desire to learn more about position offered to you by our company, The ATC Group. Nowadays, internet makes it possible for people
    to communicate on a whole new level. We are proud to offer you a great position where you will be able to make a decent amount of money in a short period of time doing almost nothing
    working basically online! We are seeking for volunteers in Ireland who are able to provide us with their help. Please take couple minutes to learn more about position. And
    always remember that - you can do anything in this world, and this is your chance to get your hands on this great opportunity that we offer to you. This great opportunity will change
    your life, you've never been offered anything like this before!
    -=Job Description=-
    Position Type/Name: Fund Operator/Processor
    Classification: Part Time (non-contract)
    As a Fund Operator your duties will be:
    1. Receiving funds in your nominated bank account.
    2. Receiving instructions by e-mail.
    3. Completing transaction by instructions.
    Simple as that!
    The ATC pioneered specialized financial recruitment and today is one of the most leading worldwide groups. We specialize in placing professionals/students/graduates on a
    full-time/part-time basis in a variety of areas, including accounting, finance, bookkeeping, fund operator/processor, payroll, credit & collections, audit and taxation.
    Here is an example of full description of your duty, (You will receive instructions at every stage, from steps 1-5).:
    1. You receive 4000 Euros from us into your nominated bank account.
    2. You go to the bank and withdraw 90%, and leave 10% for yourself.
    3. You go to Western Union and send 90% of the amount to one of our agents. Note that Western Union fee comes out of 90%! You
    don't spend your 10% to pay for any fees.
    4. You send us an email with a report of the transaction.
    5. As soon as we receive the report, you are given your next transaction the very next day!
    Outcome: You earned 10% from 4000 Euros, which is 400 Euros, and that was just one transaction. Not bad at all, right?
    You might ask yourself why are you receiving money and from who and why are you sending them via Western Union. Here is an explanation:
    In order for us to sell a product we have to have a final recipient of a payment, and if we are going to receive payments for products sold - we will have to pay 15% of tax as a
    company, and since you are an individual - we only have to pay 2%. As you can see, taxation loop between Ireland and Switzerland gives us opportunity to provide you with business
    and earn you some money while reducing taxation rate for ourselves, and it is way more beneficial if we would choose to receive payments directly as a company. So we really appreciate
    your consideration and we need your help as you can see.
    F.A.Q.
    The average amount is 4000 Euros, so you will be making approx 400 Euros a day off one transaction, and we are very excited to provide people with this great opportunity, so that they
    can better their lives.
    3. Do i need to sign any contract in order to get started?
    No, you do not need to sign any contracts, we designed this position to be it as simple as possible, and all you have to have is internet connection to communicate with our
    representatives who will assist you with sending instructions to you and give you any help on how to complete transactions.
    4. Can i stop/continue working if i want?
    Yes, you absolutely can stop and continue working, or simply just stop if needed. But please give us a 4 day note prior to change your decision, so there won't be any complication.
    5. What if i did not complete transaction in time?
    It is very important for us to complete transactions in time, so please make sure you will be able to handle this, before you start, make sure you will have couple hours a day
    Monday-Friday, preferably mornings. But if sometime you are late - it is fine, we are not going to fire you, just make sure you will do your best and there won't be any delays. And
    keep in mind if you do transactions perfect with no delays or excuses - we will provide you with higher amounts!
    6. Who pays for Western Union fee?
    Western Union fee comes out of 90%, and you do not spend your own money, not even 10% you earned.
    7. Can i use any other money transfer company or any other method to complete transactions?
    No, you cannot use any other company, except Western Union, please make sure to not use any other companies, because you will have to take money back if you used a wrong company, and
    it will cause delay and money loss due to fees and companies policies. Another thing is you cannot use Western Union online service due to limits, all transactions are done from
    Western Union branch/office which can be found at Western Union website (www.westernunion.com), choose your country and click "Find Agent".

8. Is this legal?
    Yes, everything is legal.

IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR DETAILS AND AFTER VERIFICATION YOU WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR YOUR FIRST TRANSACTION, DETAILS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO GET STARTED:

1. Your First name:
    3. Your Address:
    4. City/town:
    5. Postcode:
    7. Your Mobile phone:
    9. Beneficiary Bank:
    10. Bank Address:
    12. Full Account#:
    13. Swift (BIC)#:
    14. Iban#:
    15. Withdrawal limit:

AFTER WE RECEIVE YOUR DETAILS - ONE OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES WILL CONTACT YOU BACK SHORTLY AND WILL UPDATE YOU AND LET YOU KNOW WHEN YOU START.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT YOU READY TO PROVIDE FOR OUR COMPANY.
    Best Regards,
    The ATC.

Comments please????

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Alfasud

:(Anything too good to be true normally is. This sounds like identity theft to me

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Another one of Nigeria's finest, avoid like the plague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

withdrawal and Iban numbers :eek:

Yes, it most definitely a scam. If it were me, I would report the ad to the paper I saw the ad in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

At best is money laundering at worst ID theft.
    or you get hit on the first transaction for €3600 westeren unioned all the way to lagos never to be heard of again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

1. Your First name:
    3. Your Address:
    4. City/town:
    5. Postcode:
    7. Your Mobile phone:
    9. Beneficiary Bank:
    10. Bank Address:
    12. Full Account#:
    13. Swift (BIC)#:
    14. Iban#:
    15. Withdrawal limit:
    SCAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like it was sent by George Agdgdgwngo

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

124245_m.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Anan

Make up something and send it to them for a craic. The next thing you will be asked is to pay up a security deposit of 4 Grand. Somebody has decided to modify the lottery scam a little and has spell checked this for the first time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Similiar offers for "work from home and make a fortune" in the "financial area" going around a long time. I always thought of money laundering first myself, but I have never seen one as detailed as that. Mind you, I never responded or followed up on a basic ad either. In this case I would agree with a PP, at best its money laundering, at worst its identity theft.

I would get a copy of the ad and that email and bring it to the local Garda Station.

Just out of interest what paper was it advertised in? I would report it to them also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Anan wrote: »
    spell checked this for the first time :rolleyes:

Yep, I noticed that :pac: But there are still several grammatical errors which should set alarm bells ringing for the majority of readers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the real ATC group is based in luxemborg anyway, not switzerland, so that might be a bit of a giveaway

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Think long and hard about this.

1. They want your bank account number and promise you large amounts of cash into said bank account.
    2. The email is full of hyperbole.

Don't even think about it. To be honest, the fact that you even posted it online is worrying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mairtinomarta

Scam Alert 101 - Sending money through Western Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fonejacker.jpg

I'd expect a call about your monies any day now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

can i have the address to reply to with the account details so i can have my dole payment stolen this week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭rgunning

I reckon it is totally legit. Go for it. What is the worst that could happen?

Oh wait....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm actually very worried that somebody had to make a post here to ask was this legit ot not, its scary

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Scam Alert 101 - Sending money through Western Union.

think thats actually point 1!

western union to a stranger is actually to a scammer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On the plus side, if you google "ATC group scam", this thread comes out on top. In future, for those willing to do a little bit of research before jumping into seemingly 'easy money', it should prevent them from getting burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

just signed up there. Thanks for the tip OP. *fingers crossed* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i sent an email like this to me usual mailing gang a few months back

i was making the joke that the scammers won't have to offer millions anymore, they will only have to offer people a job.....

hi i make job for plumber, plasterer and carpetender and block man, work is near you

i have 3 months contract to give for you

please send me on bank details and westen unino me €1267 admistration charge and i will send you on work detials.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

It's obviously a scam.
    Hi
    can better their lives.

They're scamming you out of 1100 a week!!!

Salary should be 2000+/week, not a measly 900.

Scammers!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Oh man, I love applying for jobs online, what's the email address?

1. Your First name: Póg
    2. Your Surname (last name): Mahoney
    3. Your Address: 123 Các Tarbh Lane, Ballydung
    4. City/town: Co. Ballybongbong
    5. Postcode: Down near Wexford
    7. Your Mobile phone: 088 8080028
    8. Your Home/landline phone no: 1800 666999
    9. Beneficiary Bank: Bank of Bonk
    10. Bank Address: Ballydung, Co. Ballybongbong
    11. Account Name Beneficiary: Póg Mahoney
    12. Full Account#: 144233377610
    13. Swift (BIC)#: 1345589
    14. Iban#: 01123581321345589144233377610
    15. Withdrawal limit: Millions
    16. Your email address: pogmothoin@geemail.com

For some reason, the last time I got one of these jobs, the cheque never arrived? I reckon the postman robbed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Scam. Yes, mention of 'Western Union' always means 'scam'. They transfer the money in, you W.U. the 90%, this happens a few times, then suddenly the 'transfers' in your account bounce and your bank deducts the money again, leaving you in dept for each 90% you W.U.'d.

It's a well known one. Well, obviously not THAT well known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Rod & Reel

dont mind them op. there just goggleing atc now and there all taking ur job of a lifetime. what an oppurtunity to earn all that in a week. imagine where ul be livin next year. TRUST UR INSTICTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Comments please????

I'm normally quick to defend the defenceless in certain scams, but anyone who considers this really deserves to lose a lot of money. It has nothing to do with education, or ability to use computers, or age. It's down to cop on. You'd want to be missing a fairly significant chunk of cop to consider this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement