Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone broke

• 02-02-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Wat's up everybody i got a 3g 02 iPhone for Xmas off my girlfriend...
    however i have had some problems with it .. last week it knocks off .. the screen went blank and vibrated for 20 Min's with the screen blank it just stop and came back on.. now tonight the phone just wont work next of all it rings with no light on (it looks off) i have the receipt will they send it off if i bring it back or will they exchange it??? sorry if i went on a bit as well:D

cheers flakey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you do it via the Apple website you can pay a couple of euro (€30 or something I think) and they'll send you out a refurb unit and you just send off the faulty one.

Seems like a nice easy procedure.

I wouldn't suggest going via an O2 shop as it will just delay the process for you. Deal direct with Apple is my advice.

Some more info here I think http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/exchange/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 flakey21

Random wrote: »
    If you do it via the Apple website you can pay a couple of euro (€30 or something I think) and they'll send you out a refurb unit and you just send off the faulty one.

Seems like a nice easy procedure.

I wouldn't suggest going via an O2 shop as it will just delay the process for you. Deal direct with Apple is my advice.

Some more info here I think http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/exchange/

thanks for the advice im gonna go out to o2 in the morning to see wat sort of waffle they try give me

Why would they give you waffle? They will send it off for you if you have the receipt. You'll be without an iPhone during this time or you'll have a non-iPhone loan phone that you'll probably have to pay a deposit for. The delays will come in because it might take them a day or two to send it away and then another day or two when it comes back to notify you. You'll also have the trips to and from the store.

I really think you're better to deal direct with Apple.*

* yes, your consumer rights say the shop has to deal etc etc but personally I'd opt with the best option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 flakey21

Random wrote: »
    Why would they give you waffle? They will send it off for you if you have the receipt. You'll be without an iPhone during this time or you'll have a non-iPhone loan phone that you'll probably have to pay a deposit for. The delays will come in because it might take them a day or two to send it away and then another day or two when it comes back to notify you. You'll also have the trips to and from the store.

I really think you're better to deal direct with Apple.*

* yes, your consumer rights say the shop has to deal etc etc but personally I'd opt with the best option for me.

u twisted my arm ill send it off to apple i suppose ur right.. 02 will leave it on the long finger thanks for ur advice random

flakey21 wrote: »
    u twisted my arm ill send it off to apple i suppose ur right.. 02 will leave it on the long finger thanks for ur advice random
    I'm not saying O2 will do anything intentionally wrong .. I'm just saying that you'll be quicker to deal direct with Apple rather than using a middleman. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 marvinsa

I also got an iphone and am absolutely delighted but am interested to see how you get on with the repair / replacement. I presume that you can get a replacement from Apple / O2 even without insurance? Curious because the O2 salesperson was stronly encouraging me to take insurance, which I didn't becasue I generally find that thing like that are ripoffs. So if you can get a replacement from Apple / O2 by providing your receipt (quite right too if the phone is faulty), what benefit would purchasing insurance be?

I've not read that Apple replacement thing fully and have only read other peoples experience but basically it works very like the O2 SOS Service except direct with Apple and it costs you about 30 quid. Rather than waiting for you Iphone to be repaired under warranty Apple just send you a refurb. Then your iphone is refurbed and probably sent to someone else.

Insurance covers you against things not covered under the warranty e.g. water damage, foot through screen etc

Obviously you should read the full T&C of each before availing of them.

I've not read that Apple replacement thing fully and have only read other peoples experience but basically it works very like the O2 SOS Service except direct with Apple and it costs you about 30 quid. Rather than waiting for you Iphone to be repaired under warranty Apple just send you a refurb. Then your iphone is refurbed and probably sent to someone else.

Insurance covers you against things not covered under the warranty e.g. water damage, foot through screen etc

Obviously you should read the full T&C of each before availing of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

have you tried resetting it? that could cure your problem and save you the hassle. just press and hold the home button and power button until you see the apple logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

You should try restoring it using iTunes! It should iron out any problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

I recently had to get my own iPhone replaced due to a hardware fault it developed. You need to ring Apple (an 1850 or 1890 number on the website) and talk through the problem that you have with the phone. If they cannot help you resolve it over the phone, they will issue a replacement by courier to for the €30 ish fee.

The courier will also deliver an empty box and prepaid parcel packet for you to package the old one up safely and have it sent back to them via UPS (who will collect it from you)

All in all a first class service and because you get the replacement "in advance" you are not without your phone at any stage

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Hi guys am i recently downloaded yellowsn0w and unlocked my phone its now running on 2.2 - the only problem i seem to be having is that it wont let me view youtube vids it wont even show me the thumbnails of whats featured etc, and when i try searching for something it just keeps saying 'load 25 more' Im hoping thers a simple solution too this...

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fruglo

Hey guys.. Got an iPhone at christmas but since them I'm having a lot of problems with it.
    Basically, when the phone is locked or asleep or whatever and a call comes through, the iphone doesn't ring even though there is a dial tone on the phone ringing me. If I light up the screen by pressing the buttons or whatever, the phone starts ringing then. (Sorry if this is really complicated!)

In conclusion :pac:, I end up with tonnes of missed calls.

Also my wifi is very tempermental and sometimes, in the settings menu, says "no wifi" rather than just "not connected".

What should I do???!!! When i pay €570 for a phone I expect it to work!:mad:
    I have yet to update it since christmas (laziness on my part), but could this really make much of a difference? I think I'll have to get it repaired/replaced by o2/Apple.

Thanks for any advice...sorry for rambling:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Just a quick question guys...
    Is it really worth jailbreaking the iPhone ? I bought a 3G model a few weeks back and I'm wondering what the advantages of jailbreaking are ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement