Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Histoy research project--muhammad ali?

Options
  • 02-02-2009 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

i decided to change my research project to something id like doin..Thinking about doin something about Ali? but i wondering what to focus on and what to actual write about? something like his decision to boycott Vietnam war and its effect on the anti war feeling? or is that a little too vague?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

i decided to change my research project to something id like doin..Thinking about doin something about Ali? but i wondering what to focus on and what to actual write about? something like his decision to boycott Vietnam war and its effect on the anti war feeling? or is that a little too vague?

I'd try to keep it seperate from the vietnam case study cos they dont want stuff thats in any way related to the case study!!

Btw what were you doing before that?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I don't think you can do it on Ali because he is a key personality. It stopped my friends from doing The Beatles etc because they too were key personalities. It's what I was led to believe anyhow. Ask your teacher beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It depends on if you're doing The America book AFAIK. If you've studied Vietnam in class you can't do it because you wouldn't be allowed to answer on it in your exam if it came up. I think that's how it is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

ya we have studied vietnam....Hmm is there any other aspects of him i could use as a research project? i was doin hitler and the munich games before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You could research on his work for the black civil rights movements.

Or perhaps, his comeback to boxing after his license was revoked, overcoming incredible odds in beating George Foreman.

Or perhaps an essay on how he won an olympic gold medal, but despite being a medalist, he could still not get served in an eatery for being black. Maybe explain also how he went from Cassius Clay to Muhammed Ali, and why.

Lot's of things to talk about, he was a very interesting guy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement