Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best Dyson?

• 02-02-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭

So my mammy is looking to buy a new hoover. She wants to buy a Dyson but none of us have a clue.

I've read good things about the Animal range(?) I think and that the upright ones aren't as good as the rest?

Any thoughts/advice/recommendations?

Many thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Hey fonpokno

I have had a Dyson animal for the last couple of years. I think it is great and does the job. I get allergies to house dust so that's why we got it and I've never had a problem since we got it.

It is a little pricey but i think it is worth it. Only prob is mrs garbanzo doesn't find it easy to use so poor me ends up doing the hoovering all the time. The joys eh !

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The animal range are great if you have, er, animals.

Upright vacuum cleaners (not hoovers, that's a brand name) are generally much more akward than cylinder ones, i'd never buy an upright myself, tbh.

Dyson also do hepa filter vacuums for people with allergies. It really depends on your mammies requirements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Thanks guys!

Yeah we don't actually have any animals but myself and my sister have dust mite allergies so the hepa filter vacuum would be cool!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

fonpokno wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

Yeah we don't actually have any animals but myself and my sister have dust mite allergies so the hepa filter vacuum would be cool!

All Dysons take up a huge amount of dust particles but the HEPA ones are especially awesome. The air actually smells cleaner after using them! I'd go for that fon.

Advertisement